What's new

RPG [nergalsnest] Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game) RPGMaker

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game)

I remember saw that too, maybe he simple decided to remove it
Must've been something about the system that lets you hide people in your house? Oh well, not a big fan of NTR anyway.

The way I see it, this game is like Urban X Life but with zombies, not a bad thing though. I'm glad he's also taking over that game.

Raiellyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Off the top of my head, I know there were going to be zombie scenes with both the mother and sister at least, probably tied into the risk/reward of sending them out to scavenge too often or something. Which is honestly the part that I'm most disappointed about losing. I mean, maybe the relationships and writing will turn out to be interesting enough without that sense of danger to raise the narrative stakes, but it's definitely a downer nonetheless and has me a little bit worried that I won't enjoy the game nearly as much now..

I also vaguely recall reading something about an optional male character that you would've been able to enable or disable when starting the game...? I guess to give the protagonist a bit of competition, but I'm not too upset about losing that.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Must've been something about the system that lets you hide people in your house? Oh well, not a big fan of NTR anyway.

The way I see it, this game is like Urban X Life but with zombies, not a bad thing though. I'm glad he's also taking over that game.
while it's true that majority voted against it. it should still have been implemented. it's easier for those who don't want it to avoid it if it's in. then those who want to see it, but it's removed.

so leave it in and make it easy to avoid and problem is solved. every one wins. people who like ntr get to see it and people who don't can just avoid it.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Game is awesome and allready quite big.

There are like 12 full H scenes in the game and a few more softcore once, and all of the scenes have multiple versions of them (depending on relations and progress)

There is a ton of things to do, places to explore, things to build etc.

It is easly 4-5 hours of gameplay to see everything.

And everything is very polished and well made - it isnt another shody work, cutting corners just to earn easy bucks, like many upstart moneygrabing dudes on patreon.

Nergal updates his site regurarly and has never yet missed apinted date.

As for dropped zombie rape scenes - it appears he has indeed decided to at least for now not make them. It seemed he plan to make sort of game over scenes if you lost when girl would be raped.
Briefly there was talk about second male beeing in the hideout as well and NTR involved but it never even started off.

I would not mind to see thouse game over rapes, but I guess there are other priorities for now.

And I must say I am realy enjoying the characters interaction in this game.
It is all nicely done, unlike many other silly Incest games.

Here relation seem realy believable - that is if you belive that apocalipse like that will make woman starved for cock so much to fuck their little boys - I do belive it ;] When society disolves all inhibitions do as well.

Drop male and female stranded alone on the island for more than a year - and they will fuck for sure, no matter what was their previous relationship.

Oh and btw - I belive it is BEST EVER MADE western shotacon game. Seriously there isnt any better game like that, that doesnt bit about the bush that it features under aged male with older females.
Even artwork clearly shows this, and I love it.
And finaly he behaves apropriately for his age too.

Anyway Nergal is the best thing to have happen to Western H-games since a long time.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The spiritual successor to the Urban X Life game.
And please drop this line.

There is nothing related to Urban x Life here other than it is also about Shotacon.

You may very well say it is Spiritual successor of Baldurs Gate since it is RPG too ...

This is disrespectfull to Nergal and implying something that isnt true.

demilupo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is nothing related to Urban x Life here other than it is also about Shotacon.

You may very well say it is Spiritual successor of Baldurs Gate since it is RPG too ...

Probably some confusion since Nergal is developing his own spiritual successor to UxL called Urban Demons as a completely separate game.

OP
EverworldJalil

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Even though I wasn't the original person to coin the line, I do see your point. He's also making a version of Urban X Life which is looking great.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm not sure I see much similarity with Urban anyway. I suppose I'm back-and-forth about shota, and not for incest, but I do echo your sentiments that this is a pretty darn good game. I was a bit off-put by the lack of content, but it was because I wasn't sure about triggers and whatnot (it took me a while to figure out you could actually craft stuff too). Dunno much about Nergal but so far, he seems like a decent dev, and from the looks of it, incredibly organized and responsible, despite juggling multiple games.

I also agree with your wants--tbh, zombie rape seems just like a necessity given the culture around these games. NTR too, since it looks like something that should be implemented as it's hinted at in the game anyway, and since again, that's the culture for these sorts of games/genre. However, it's fine as it is given it's a demo/beta...just think that the game could have so much more depth and appeal to more people if the H-content was diversified. I also note there exist a few bugs or absent content, nothing game-breaking, but a few things that do take away from the demo.

As for the H-content, thanks for pointing out the help file (still can't find all the items you mentioned in your post...they don't appear in the locations you indicated). However, I'm grinding through the game and it's still somewhat enjoyable. Gah, I guess I need a more dumbed down guide for the H-scenes because I can't figure out why I'm so stuck. -__-'

Save is for the 0.2.4 version.
That's weird...I've got the same version (free one as of now), and your save looks quite different--the UI is removed. Not sure why everything's different...or how you managed to get those scenes. :/ But appreciate the help anyway.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ UI change was a new thing for 0.31 ..... If there's a difference in saves from 0.24, that's why.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

^ UI change was a new thing for 0.31 ..... If there's a difference in saves from 0.24, that's why.
Thanks. Is the change the removal of the main UI, or showing it? The reason I ask is because Rawr's save is supposedly from 0.24, and so is mine (I assume neither of us are Patreon-supporters and are getting the free demo), so I don't see why our UIs are both different despite having the same version.

Who?

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A small bit of more little in depth explanation;

There are 2 different versions available at the moment 3.1 (backer) and 2.4 (public)

And there has been a big number of changes during the 2.4 to 3.1. My original post was for the changed (3.1) version... oops.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion and here is take 2;

In 2.4, only, Blondie and Punk scenes are available.
To unlock the scenes, first get your relationship value with your target to 30 or so (train with them 2 times forex.).

The blondie has 4 scenes; the first three require relationship levels as well as gifting her some booze and take place when you sleep in your room.
The fourth one gets unlocked when the water gets cut; giving you the ability to accompany her in the bath.

As for the Punk, you can get her to have 4.5 scenes;
Get your relationship to 30+
Do "not" sleep one night and go out scavenging instead
Next day, join the girls during lunch. (Scene 1)
Next day, join the girls during lunch again and ask her for a repeat performance (Scene 1.5)
From now on, you can "corner" her in the mornings for newage exercise in the mornings.

In addition, as you contine using the talk->you option as your relationship increase, you will unlock the cooties scene.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A small bit of more little in depth explanation;

There are 2 different versions available at the moment 3.1 (backer) and 2.4 (public)

And there has been a big number of changes during the 2.4 to 3.1. My original post was for the changed (3.1) version... oops.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion and here is take 2;

In 2.4, only, Blondie and Punk scenes are available.
To unlock the scenes, first get your relationship value with your target to 30 or so (train with them 2 times forex.).

The blondie has 4 scenes; the first three require relationship levels as well as gifting her some booze and take place when you sleep in your room.
The fourth one gets unlocked when the water gets cut; giving you the ability to accompany her in the bath.

As for the Punk, you can get her to have 4.5 scenes;
Get your relationship to 30+
Do "not" sleep one night and go out scavenging instead
Next day, join the girls during lunch. (Scene 1)
Next day, join the girls during lunch again and ask her for a repeat performance (Scene 1.5)
From now on, you can "corner" her in the mornings for newage exercise in the mornings.

In addition, as you contine using the talk->you option as your relationship increase, you will unlock the cooties scene.
Ahhhh no wonder lol. I was trying to follow your guide, and you have 0.31 instead of the 0.24 version. Dang it, so much time spent...oh well, thanks for the clarification, hah. -______-'

To clarify, all those scenes mentioned are available to free (non Patreon) gamers? (From the way you worded it, it sounds like Patreon-backers/0.31 version just has access to the aunt's scenes?) And thanks for the 'do not sleep' hint. God I was trying to figure out Nergal's hint of "being tired during lunch helps" in the help file, and attempting everything I could think of. Duh.

Lastly, do you know if those items (guitar, ring, etc) are obtainable in 0.24? Been trying to figure out what's different for 0.24 and 0.31 and avoid wasting time following a guide that is aimed at one version or the other.

OP
EverworldJalil

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ahhhh no wonder lol. I was trying to follow your guide, and you have 0.31 instead of the 0.24 version. Dang it, so much time spent...oh well, thanks for the clarification, hah. -______-'

To clarify, all those scenes mentioned are available to free (non Patreon) gamers? (From the way you worded it, it sounds like Patreon-backers/0.31 version just has access to the aunt's scenes?) And thanks for the 'do not sleep' hint. God I was trying to figure out Nergal's hint of "being tired during lunch helps" in the help file, and attempting everything I could think of. Duh.

Lastly, do you know if those items (guitar, ring, etc) are obtainable in 0.24? Been trying to figure out what's different for 0.24 and 0.31 and avoid wasting time following a guide that is aimed at one version or the other.
I suppose I can at least post the 0.31 updates.

:D

Changelog: Version:0.3.1
Bug Fixes:
*Fixed a MAJOR hidden bug with search chance (Seemed like everyone was having a 20% search chance)
*Fixed a bug so carrying weight increase immediately upon levelling up (instead of a few days later)
*Fixed a bug so that skill chance is also updated when levelling up Agility
*Due to the removal of encryption program (below) game should run properly for all users (as properly as any rpg maker game anyway)
*Stopped the UI from blocking out the menu when giving items
New Art:
* Aunt BJ Scene
* Aunt 69 Scene
* Aunt Riding Scene (Non-animated)
* Isabelle Bust
* Mom Kiss

Minor Changes:
* Removed one shot crafting items from list such as advanced work bench when you craft them
* Isabelle now requires only 15 items of any combination to unlock her quest. Medicine counts as 2 items. (All items given in old saves are accounted for.)
* Zombies no longer pause when searching
* Zombies now pause when speech occurs
* Picture of NPC in menu changes based on romance level
* Swap bed and go scavenging with me options have been removed
* Removed TV/Radio from game

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Still dunno how to progress further in 0.31 .... Got Mom lvl 3, can bathe with her but I dunno how to get her to lvl 4/kiss and go further :/

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Been following this game for a bit ever since Nergal took up the UrbanxLife "remake." I was surprised by the quality and depth of the game and how reminiscent it was to UxL.

If you're playing on the public demo version (0.2.x), then you're in for a ride because the drop rates are all fucked up and the respawn timers for some objects are set to 99,999 days rather than 3 days (a development oversight).

Nergal knows about this already and has said he addressed these bugs in the 0.3.x Patreon version. He's also tweaking the drop rates as best he can so it's easier to find food and water.

The current discussions on his blog are whether or not to add a cheat menu and/or an "Easy Mode" option to the game. It's hard to say whether these are needed without seeing the changes in 0.3.x, but I voted towards an Easy Mode so that starting a new game after completing once wouldn't be too tedious if it was necessary to start over for whatever reason.

Support Nergal guys, he's one of the few Patreon people I respect for his dedication and not someone who just milks the system with a lazy game.

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Still dunno how to progress further in 0.31 .... Got Mom lvl 3, can bathe with her but I dunno how to get her to lvl 4/kiss and go further :/
All scenes with the mom (excluding the bathing scene) are done by gifting her alcohol and sleeping in YOUR bed during the night phase. If you need more relationship points with her, keep sleeping in her bed at night, bathing with her, and helping her out in the garden during the morning phase. You shouldn't need too many points to unlock all of her scenes though.

The sister currently has no night scenes, but there are scenes that do exist for her. I won't spoil how to unlock them unless you want me to.

Lastly, do you know if those items (guitar, ring, etc) are obtainable in 0.24?
No, they are not in v0.2, Nergal said he planned on adding them sometime in v0.3.x.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Yeah, I got the kissing scene with mom ..... Got the 1st part of sis in the kitchen by not sleeping, but the next day was the same :(

Don't sleep for 1-2 day > go eat with them > fall asleep > now if I sleep like normal, will the next day advance or do I need to keep skipping sleep a lot and going to eat each day?

And you can't spam love points anymore in 0.31. You get 1 once in a while for major progression, so most of everything mentioned till now is obsolete (ie : needing over 200 points for a scene to unlock, keep doing the same stuff for weeks on end in hopes of gaining more points faster, etc)

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Don't sleep for 1-2 day > go eat with them > fall asleep > now if I sleep like normal, will the next day advance or do I need to keep skipping sleep a lot and going to eat each day?

And you can't spam love points anymore in 0.31. You get 1 once in a while for major progression, so most of everything mentioned till now is obsolete (ie : needing over 200 points for a scene to unlock, keep doing the same stuff for weeks on end in hopes of gaining more points faster, etc)
You need to skip sleep a second and third time to get two different scenes (3 dinner scenes in total, the third one gets repeated afterward). Then talk to your sister in the garden and you will see another dialog option.

Ahh, so he did go ahead and make that change with the relationship point progression then. I don't have the Patron version of the game so I don't know what exactly was changed outside of the changelog that was released.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Noticed this (that some objects don't respawn at all), but honestly, I was very happy with grinding--food and water were fairly plentiful for me. Personally, I hope that I don't have to start over for 0.31; I worked pretty hard to hoard and develop the relationships with the ladies (including the inaccessible female traders). Additionally, if the dev is going to increase the difficulty in furthering heart points/relationships, I would hate to reset all my progress if the updated version isn't compatible with my current saves. An easy mode/cheat mode isn't necessary for me, but if I need to restart the game from the beginning every time the dev has an updated version, then maybe it'd be good to have a shortcut to quick progression.

Thanks for letting me know about the lack of the exclusive gifts--been pulling my hair out trying to follow guides and dig around for them.