What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

I seriously need help. I had to do a hard reset of my computer to factory default. Now no RPGmaker game I try will run. I managed to get a screenshot of the message that pops up when I try to start them.

Pls help I've tried everything i can think of.
I'm running windows 10.
I get most of these games either here or from dlsite if that matters.

If a cant get these to work again all the money i spent on them will be a waste.
Try as I might I cannot get a clean read on the screenshot you posted - could you post a full size one so it can be read? (Unless someone else can see that)...

dinobarx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try as I might I cannot get a clean read on the screenshot you posted - could you post a full size one so it can be read? (Unless someone else can see that)...
Best i can do

Attachments

Hoboy

Reputation score

Can't really tell what it is, other than it's all Hiragana. Did you try re-installing the related RTPs? It seems to be related to the reset to all defaults, so you may have to approach the RPGMaker installation from the start. You shouldn't have to decompress the original game files, as they worked before. But double check the language and locale settings anyway. Other than that I hope others here may be of help if it gets too complicated...;)

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys i'm fairly new to adding partial translation to Rpgmaker games so i'm sorry if the solution to this turned out to be simple. I had this problem last night and couldn't get it to work.

Basically, I downloaded RReezz's partial translation of "The Ordeal of Princess Eris" and received a file, the Data folder containing all the files with the same contents as the original game.

So I copy that folder into the game and replace all the contents in the Original data folder but when I launch the game, it still displays the original Japanese text. Any suggestions guys?

The attachment below is the Partial I downloaded.

Attachments

Last edited:

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Your attachment couldn't be read even by ants but I'm guessing that you didn't rename Game.rgss3a which game will always use first.

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Your attachment couldn't be read even by ants but I'm guessing that you didn't rename Game.rgss3a which game will always use first.
EDIT: NVM guys, found out a way to implement it

Oh my, seems I didn't check the attachment.

Here it is, the 1st Picture is the Translation Partial I downloaded which is just the Data folder, the 2nd folder is its contents

The 3rd picture are the files inside of the Ordeal of Princess Eris game. I tried to copy the Data folder into the game but it still doesn't display anything in English.

Last edited:

dinobarx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't really tell what it is, other than it's all Hiragana. Did you try re-installing the related RTPs? It seems to be related to the reset to all defaults, so you may have to approach the RPGMaker installation from the start. You shouldn't have to decompress the original game files, as they worked before. But double check the language and locale settings anyway. Other than that I hope others here may be of help if it gets too complicated...;)
What RTPs should i have installed i wanna make sure i got the right one

Hoboy

Reputation score

What RTPs should i have installed i wanna make sure i got the right one
My standard reply is to just install XP, VX and VX Ace RTPs. That way virtually every game works and it really isn't really all that much space. It saves space based on the fact you never have to download games with RTP pre-installed (that always takes up WAY more space)...

Kachopper9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been trying to play a Japanese Wolf RPG maker with Visual novel reader. I've been using out of game subtitles. It either fails to translate the text fully or only translate it once.
Does anyone have a fix for this? I really need someway to translate Wolf RPG.

Last edited:

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does anyone know of a save editor for RPGMaker 2000 or 2003 save file format? I've been playing some old random BF game from one of those collections called ラーズアタック and there seems to be a bug in the game that it forgets to restore your health after an obligatory defeat so it's impossible to get to Chapter 4.

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey folks, been using translation aggregator for several years now, but recently decided to clean up my hgame folder. It resulted in moving things around...but the main problem is I'm not getting the common glyphoutline to appear for translations in any game anymore. I'm only getting drawtotext, or if I use /x3 the usual stuff. Just wondering if anyone might have an idea what happened.

Goatse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello, i have a problem with using visual novel reader, hope someone can help. :)

Thing is, my VNR having trouble hooking text from rpgmaker game using VX (rgss2 player, icon like unicorn horse). It work fine hooking and translating text with game using using VX ACE (rgss3 player, red dragon icon).

So is anyone know why and what i must do?

weweowanie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi!

I have a general RPGMaker question:

RPGM games have -generally- some UNmentioned (no controls map or readme tends to list it) key that turns the normal walk into a speed that DISables "1 tile movement" - you always walk at least 2 because of being too fast.

Which key is this? Does anyone know it? Because I accidentally must have pressed it in one and now it's sped up and I am clueless how to reverse it without starting the whole game new.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hi!

I have a general RPGMaker question:

RPGM games have -generally- some UNmentioned (no controls map or readme tends to list it) key that turns the normal walk into a speed that DISables "1 tile movement" - you always walk at least 2 because of being too fast.

Which key is this? Does anyone know it? Because I accidentally must have pressed it in one and now it's sped up and I am clueless how to reverse it without starting the whole game new.
I'm not aware of such default key. Shift is used for dash in VX Ace and probably VX too, but it's still "1 tile movement"... just slightly faster, and usually requires holding the key, so it's probably just in this one game.
Default keys used by RPGMaker are: Cursors (arrows), Shift, Esc, Num0, X, Space, Enter, Z, A, S, D, Q, Page Up, W, Page Down, Ctrl, Alt, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9 - if neither of them toggles movement mode, it's probably some kind of menu entry, item, skill, map event, or something similar.
Good luck.

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is no one having issues anymore on windows 10 running AGTH with rgmaker (the anniversary update is supposedly the culprit)? There is a dead thread in the general hentai discussion on it, but I just want to make sure I'm not an isolated case. Basically games that use RGSS2/3 are no long working on my system. AGTH is still working with wolf however. Going by how quiet people are about this issue, I'm guessing it repaired itself on most people's systems, or people aren't hooking rpgmaker games much anymore. If there is a fix I'd love to know...I've searched all over.

EDIT: Meh ok, just switched to using ITH for rpgmaker games. Looks like this will remain unsolved.

Last edited:

Kaien

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've been having a problem with several RPG VX Ace games.
They close immediately after I open them.

settlers

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

can anyone tell me where i can find the save editor tools I got the sgedit and sgeditlf but they was two more one for the rpg mv games like Cursed Armor and a another one (i think)

Tabris666

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How to extract cgs from livemaker engine games,i can extract almost every cg from any game but i dont know how to extract the cgs from those kind of games

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I am not sure where to leave this, so don't be mad at me :p
There is no info on "applocale" for Windows 8/10 in first post, so I prepared my own.
Hope it helps :D

On Windows 8/10
Installing Japanese language:
1. Go to Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & Language
2. Press Add language
3. Find Japanese and press it.
4. Wait until download completes.

Installing Ntleas (applocale equivalent for W8/10).
1. Grab it from here:
2. "Install".
3. It's a good idea to add Ntleas to contex menu.
--- 3.1 To do this use right arrow button next to "save & exit" button.
Here is a screenshot of my configuration for Ntleas
Using Ntleas
Assuming you added it to contex menu, just right click on .exe or .zip/.rar/other archive types:
And that's all, app will run in japanese locale.
No more gibberish files when extracted, no problems with running app in japanese locale :D

PROBLEMS:
1. I did it the same way but it's not executing, nothing happens!
A: Ntleas hates long file paths, try moving whole folder or file to reduce path.
in example:
c:/super_long_folder_name/inside_of_another_super_long_folder_name/super_long_folder_name/inside_of_another_super_long_folder_name/GAME/
^ This may be too long.
c:/GAME/
^ This is fine.
2. I extracted archive with japanese locale but I still have gibberish!
A: Open archive and check files before extracting. If you see gibberish, then:
A) Somone packed files that were in gibberish, you have to grab japanese version or rename files.
B) Files may be in different language

Last edited: