What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

When you open the game, press F4 to run the game in full screen. This should solve performance and crashing problems. It certainly works on my Win XP SP3 Professional.
I just tried running the game in full screen and then quitting the game normally. Same old problem with the program exiting and turning my screen black with the rest of the OS unresponsive.

Until I figure out what the hell causes this problem, I can't really run the game at all without risking permanent system failure.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually there is a hidden sensitivity variable. The game ads one to it every time Aya has an orgasm. The higher this sensitivity is then faster your normal sensitivity increases.
Hmm... any idea how to find that hidden variable? It seems to be distinct for every save file, so it feels like it could be saved somehow in the save files.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm... any idea how to find that hidden variable? It seems to be distinct for every save file, so it feels like it could be saved somehow in the save files.
I found it with cheat engine. Start with unknown double variable and one to it every time she has an orgasm. At the end only the orgasm counter and this one will remain.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I found it with cheat engine. Start with unknown double variable and one to it every time she has an orgasm. At the end only the orgasm counter and this one will remain.
Hmm... seems like this variable only increases how fast the number increases, it does not appear to effect how fast the bar fills; that depends on the number.

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone able to tell me the difference between the Air spinning move Lv.1 to Lv.5?
I'm not certain, but recall something about higher levels allowing the move to continue longer?

Aerik9 said:
I downloaded the translation for the newest version, but there are problems right away.

I had to swap one of the original folders in for one of the patch folders to get any images, and then I couldn't get past the first bar sequence without a crash. Anybody else having problems with this? Any solutions?
Is anybody else seeing this?

Note that after installing the game, and overwriting with the patch, you should be "merging" the patch folders with the originals, replacing files but not removing anything else. If, somehow, you replace the original folders with patch folders, then yes, much content will be missing. Could this be it?

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm... seems like this variable only increases how fast the number increases, it does not appear to effect how fast the bar fills; that depends on the number.
Yes. Thats what I meant sorry if my post had a double meaning.

Aerik9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not certain, but recall something about higher levels allowing the move to continue longer?

Is anybody else seeing this?

Note that after installing the game, and overwriting with the patch, you should be "merging" the patch folders with the originals, replacing files but not removing anything else. If, somehow, you replace the original folders with patch folders, then yes, much content will be missing. Could this be it?
I didn't realize I should be merging the patch folders with the content of the originals. I will try this and see if it works, thanks! :)

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just to confirm. The content ends after I kick the sh*t out the coballion gang in the slums right?

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The fly level is basically a grinding spot. I also noticed there's an HP+20 upgrade way up in the air on the second screen. Need to double jump near the middle of the area to get it.

After the fly level you can do some stuff back in town with the doujo guy and fight a couple of thugs. I suppose they're kinda like a boss because you only have to kill both of them and the stage ends. They'll appear in the Bar Hole after you do and are just normal NPCs you can talk to after that.

Then the doujo guy asks you to get something from the Nightsqueen pub but I think I screwed up. I got the 500 credit thing and he got pissed at me. :p

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Har, har, har... you have to get the 2000 or the 10000 one. And the bastard doesn't even give you a taste.

Anyway if anyone cares I began to translate the new stuff. Also I will have to reedit all the combat messages since with the new low quality full screen they look retarded. Why did he had to stop using the old high quality full screen. T_T
That said it will take a few days at least.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Why did he had to stop using the old high quality full screen. T_T
Press F4.

Thought that was common knowledge for pretty much any indie game coming from Japan?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Har, har, har... you have to get the 2000 or the 10000 one. And the bastard doesn't even give you a taste.

Anyway if anyone cares I began to translate the new stuff. Also I will have to reedit all the combat messages since with the new low quality full screen they look retarded. Why did he had to stop using the old high quality full screen. T_T
That said it will take a few days at least.
Thanks mate, you are the bomb!

Also, has anybody messed around with the sounds for Aya? I think I remember trying to patch them in back in the day when this game was first put out but it wouldn't work like it did in Nanoncrisis. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to get some good 'ole moaning from her as she takes a pounding. :)

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Press F4.

Thought that was common knowledge for pretty much any indie game coming from Japan?
Yeah and its all pixelated. Don't treat me like I am stupid and don't know how to use the game what I been translating for a while now.

Am I the only one who noticed how low quality the full screen has become? Anyone?

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah and its all pixelated. Don't treat me like I am stupid and don't know how to use the game what I been translating for a while now.

Am I the only one who noticed how low quality the full screen has become? Anyone?
It had been ages since I'd played though I did also think that it used to look better full screen but now it just seems pixelated.

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Anyone else having the problem of it having the error program has stopped working closing down at the title screen?

steem89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

how do you beat the fly stage anyway i have been there for hours on end and still nothing (probably because i'm retarded)

ps: a save after that stage would be wonderful

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

how do you beat the fly stage anyway i have been there for hours on end and still nothing (probably because i'm retarded)

ps: a save after that stage would be wonderful
It's a bonus level, there is no end.
You can leave at any time by walking to one of the ends of the stage and leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.