What's new

Anti's guide to real [cheap] virtual lewdness

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Anti's guide to real [cheap] virtual lewdness.

This guide requires at least 15ish dollars to complete. The bare minimum will get you virtual lewdness for 14 days with video games, but there are other options, so you won't just waste 15 dollars.

Required Items:
Android Phone (unsure about Apple Products)
USB Cable for phone to PC
A windows PC
Google Cardboard (Or equiv)
Trinus VR on phone and PC ( )
Tridef 3d ( )

Optional:
Velcro headmount for google cardboard.
Your favorite toy(s)~

WARNING
If you don't plan on immediately purchasing Tridef, wait until you have all required items before installing it.

Set Up!
Get familiar with how to set up Trinus VR; follow the steps for set up until it produces a stream from your monitor. If you don't purchase this outright, you'll be doing it frequently, so go ahead and get the practice in.

Select a 3D game. I, being the masochist I am, decided to try out sexlabs for Skyrim ( ). If you feel the same, try it; be prepared to spend an evening tweaking mods, unloading them, reloading, refixing skeletons, etc. I also used the last public beta for Meridiana's Magical Investigations (MMI) ( ). Create a Shortcut to the desktop for the game, or just remember where the .exe is.

Now, to start the clock. Install Tridef 3d. It's a 14 day trial, so once you install it, if you don't want to spend money, clear out your schedule. Spend some time with yourself. You deserve it. Just remember to hydrate and eat.

Once loaded, Tridef will not automatically run. You have to select Tridef 3d. Not the "Enter Activation Code." That just wants your money. Once Tridef 3D loads up, you should notice your screen is doubled. Don't worry, you won't have to navigate your entire desktop environment this way. Selecting the game option will close the window and open a small box. Clicking add game will cause the program to scan your system in a futile attempt to locate games. Select "Add a game manually". This will allow you to select the shortcut or .exe. You could theoretically use steam, but I never tried out the feature. Browse to the shortcut on your desktop, or navigate to the .exe and select it.

It will then ask you for the game's name, while populating a long list. This is their way of trying to set up the right stereoscopic profile so you're not looking at a flat world on your tiny smart phone. If you can't find the right one, you can click on the small blue text beneath the list to create a new profile. For example, for MMI, I selected the Unreal Tournament 3 profile.

Once that's complete, double click the icon that's now in the tiny box. It should load the game, with two perspectives. Alt-tab out of the game. Open TrinusVR on your smartphone and PC, hook up the USB cable, and start the service on both devices. You now have 15 minutes before you have to restart TrinusVR again, unless of course, you paid the $10 dollars for it.

Select the game again. Give it a few moments, and see if it's streaming double to your smartphone. If it's not, time to start tweaking! For example, Skyrim ran well in "general" mode of Trinus, but I had to switch to "Compatible" for MMI. Just remember your tweaks for certain games, and play around with it.

Once you find it is streaming, slip it into the Headset, put it on, and enjoy~

Common Issues:
-I'm seeing four images!
*You're likely running something that is already set up for SideBySide (SBS) VR; so Tridef multiplied it even further. Tridef won't be needed for it. If you still get the same issue with Tridef, disable to Fake3D in Trinus.

-It's so compressed and pixelated.
*Run the game at the native resolution of your phone. Google your phone and resolution. The two numbers should try and match as close to your phone as possible. Even then you'll still get a bit of pixelation. The higher pixel density of the phone, the better the quality. The VR headsets being sold are at least 1080 for each eye. Even if your phone is 1080, you're splitting the resolution.

-The game image froze on the phone while loading, but is running on the monitor
*Alt-tab out, wait a couple seconds, then select the game again. Pay Attention to what the TrinusVR App on your PC is telling you; it will say what it's streaming at the bottom of it. If that didn't work, time to experiment and tweak for that game.

-Is TrinusVR really necessary? There are other apps to stream things from your monitor.
*Feel free to suggest some; I only selected it because I heard about it, and the response rate was good compared to remote desktop programs I use.

-I don't want to use my face as a mouse!
*Disable the sensor in TrinusVR. Click the drop down for "Sensor Mode" and select "No Sensor."

14 days later...

All spent? You could buy Tridef 3D for a cool 40 dollars. I'm sure there are other means as well. Even if you let it expire, there are other mediums. "Stereogram" or "Stereoscopic" tags on image and video boards will bring tons of images and videos for your perusal.

Feel free to suggest any tweaks for specific games, or other programs!