What's new

Patreon SIM Unknown/Hiatus [FlynnFlann] Dimlight City: Brothel Builder

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dimlight City: Brothel Builder

Videogames are a business as much as any other.
While we definitely want to make a great game, I'm responsible for making sure the entire team can pay the bills and that we can continue to support this game with additional content.
Free to play allows us to be able to continue to add new content to the game over time such as additional Gals, rooms, and story events.
We're crowdfunding to be able to increase the volume of content we can afford at the start specifically so we can be more lenient with our monetization options, and assuming we do well enough, add in some additional functional systems.

Either way, the game has enough resources behind it to ensure its launch regardless of the crowdfunding.
We're also not just taking donations here, we're more or less taking "pre-orders" as we are giving all of our backers in-game rewards and exclusive rewards which can only be gotten on Kimochi.

This is mentioned on the Kimochi page in the section specifically discussing money, I've done my best to be transparent about this.
Ah so my guestimations where right, good to know.
I may seem harsh, but hey its an opinion and all i want is the best out of everyone.

I dont throw money at constant cosmetic updates to a game.

I would rather buy a game and dlc, than be slowely drip fed content like its a drug.
Im saddened as you had something here, but maybe someone with more interest in making a game will come along and do that soon enough.
I mean theres a few jap and non adult versions of the basic game around...

Sorry.

I know that she's still the same Kobold Princess, but that pic of her sure is making her look different. Less cactus-y. :p
*whispers* Quick hint, its not kobald princess.

Last edited:
OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Downloadable versions"? I was under impression that this will be online-only game. Did you mean game client or good old offline version?
Game client, yeah.

Regardless of the version, it will need to be hooked up to the internet to some extent to retrieve and sync saves with Nutaku's servers.

Sorry for the confusion!

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eventually we'd like to do events where you have to start and run special themed brothels, but that's down the line.
This line here catches my attention. At the surface, doesn't that kinda event is a little impossible/unfair if it involves eliminating something that you had already worked so far for? Get what i mean?

But nonetheless i shouldn't make early assumptions like this.

*whispers* Quick hint, its not kobald princess.
You said it's the same character! (So i thought you mean it's the same char as of your old avatar!) D:

OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This line here catches my attention. At the surface, doesn't that kinda event is a little impossible/unfair if it involves eliminating something that you had already worked so far for? Get what i mean?

You said it's the same character! (So i thought you mean it's the same char as of your old avatar!) D:
While we certainly want to have events based around expanding your current brothel or pouring your resources into missions- "foreign brothel" events are another way to keep making the game fresh.

For instance, we have a Japanese themed "Eastern Temples" area in the game- it would be a bit weird for the player to move their brothel there with Western style rooms.
The idea is that you'd have a new set of themed rooms, new backdrop, and new list of missions to be able to complete.

You wouldn't lose your normal brothel- it'd still be there, you can switch back to it, and you'd still be making money, but you'd have to balance shuffling your resources such as your money and Gals between your main brothel to progress in the main story, and your side brothel for the event.

It also allows players to experiment with new types of building structures so they can try building something other than what they originally did.

So it's less, "we're going to get rid of everything you own" and more "oh hey look here's a new story, some new rooms, and some more cool stuff to do on the side!"

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So it's less, "we're going to get rid of everything you own" and more "oh hey look here's a new story, some new rooms, and some more cool stuff to do on the side!"
Ah yes, that is reassuring! :)

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

its cactus princess still.

wait crowdfunding a browser game with microtransactions what the fuck? and its going to be on nutaku? so many red flags.

FlamingNegger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its good to know that there are actual actions in the game. Nutaku games are kind of known for having nudity but not H acts, that, or having only static CGs as rewards.

The art though...personally, do not like duck-face mouth at all. It looks like all of the characters are like that, which is a downer for me. Also, the eyes might be too large and "dead" looking. The characters look like they are staring into the void.

The NPC in the first picture (in formal attire and stockings) looks great though. Hope characters like her would be available.

OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its good to know that there are actual actions in the game. Nutaku games are kind of known for having nudity but not H acts, that, or having only static CGs as rewards.

The art though...personally, do not like duck-face mouth at all. It looks like all of the characters are like that, which is a downer for me. Also, the eyes might be too large and "dead" looking. The characters look like they are staring into the void.

The NPC in the first picture (in formal attire and stockings) looks great though. Hope characters like her would be available.
We've actually taken some of this feedback and included both blinking and eye tracking in the game. Gals and Guys will now notice and look at things and people nearby, as well as blink semi-randomly when needed. We hope this alleviates the issues you might have with the eyes.

As far as the design, we updated the faces a bit a couple of weeks ago and not all of them are updated, but most of the Gal images you see should be updated.
The player will earn a couple of premium Gals through the course of the main story which will have their own unique body types and animations though, so rest easy that there will be some variation.
You'll also be able to get off a decent number of gacha spins through just playing the game normally as well meaning you're likely to get at least a couple of gachapon exclusive Gals as well.

We've also got a trailer now too!

Last edited:

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So I saw on your blog there is a gif demo showcasing some more gameplay and now I have a question about animations.

Will there be a cum animation when one of your girls "finishes the job"?

In the gif it only showed coins dropping to the ground. I would be kind of disappointed if this game lacked that animation.

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

some question to the devs: will there be a mobile version in sync with a pc-webbrowser version? and how are you distributing the premium items like...*insert item to acquire premium gal/room* or the premium currency? I am for sure in to spend some bucks on this game but if it turns out to be a *buy this package for 100bucks* game, i will sign out before the game even starts...

dont want to sound so grim but since i thought of and wanted a fallout shelter-like brothel game this is the closest thing I have seen so far so I interested and ready to invest..

oh boy, hope again and again^^

tetsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A question I have regarding this is on the game page for NPC's the first character is 'Jonah' and the descriptions of the other characters make him sound like he's the main character. Do we not have our own avatar? I ask since NPC is a 'Non-Player Character'.

sudieken

Demon Girl
Reputation score

this is going to require you to spend money or months worth of time to progress like every other game on nutaku, isn't it?

OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haven't kept as in touch on the forums due to the fact that most of our questions and interactions have been routed through our Discord server.

Even on the blog we've been quiet for a bit, but that's mainly because we don't have much in the way of new features to show off yet as we've shifted to polishing what we have in order to gear up to launch the game.

Anyone curious about reward status- they will be coming either during the pre-release registration phase on Nutaku, or on launch. But rewards have not been forgotten and will be doled out when possible on our server side.

I will try to answer a couple of things as best I can despite not knowing how to multi-quote.

1. Will there be a mobile version synced to the browser version?

Yes, eventually. Since save data is server side and linked with your account, that same data can in theory be accessed by the mobile version.

However, coordinating the browser launch is already an intense process, so we'll be bringing out the mobile version of the game at a later date.

2. How do the microtransactions work? Is the game pay to win?

Most missions will reward the player with panties. These panties are our premium currency and can be used to open up lewd crates.

These crates contain either outfits for your Gals or skins that can be applied when you build a new room. Each outfit and skin give bonuses to the player on top of the cosmetic purpose as well.

While these items do help out the player when it comes to progression, they can still be obtained through actually playing the game. So yes, they're core, but we provide players a way of earning currency because of it.

If you want cooler stuff faster, or a better shot of obtaining a certain item, money will help but is not necessary.

3. Will there be any timegating like other Nutaku games?

Unfortunately, yes. Although originally we aimed to implement a very elegant way of timegating which effectively hid the timegating (think Fallout Shelter,) we do have to adopt a more traditional form of timegating now.

I explained it on the blog a while ago. I feel that the game as a whole is more fun and strategic in shorter bursts now, but that means we have to space out those bursts. Such is the nature of free to play games.

4. Will there be cum animations?

These are actually much harder than you think- especially given how we've implemented animations. We've considered an eventual update to work on overhauling things and adding them, but for now the guys jizz cash.

Also the cash cum was well received and actually preferred by almost all of our focus testers. They didn't mind terribly much.

5. Will we not be able to customize our own avatar?

No. This is actually kind of a strange decision I realize given that these kinds of games normally are all about player freedom- but we do actually have a fixed narrative with a fixed protagonist. Because of this our writer, Sexumsss, has been able to write a fantastic and utterly hilarious story.

We could've done a self-insert character, but that would have made it harder for us to do some of the things we've done with the plot and characters.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Although originally we aimed to implement a very elegant way of timegating which effectively hid the timegating (think Fallout Shelter,) we do have to adopt a more traditional form of timegating now.
Kimochi introduction page said:
Stolen Panties can also be acquired in-game at a reasonable rate. No gimmicky energy systems to get in the way of the game here, just get a bunch of cool cosmetics faster!
Hmm... am I the only one who finds these two statements contradictory?

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

maybe its more a cd system instead of an energy management system regarding thise night shift and day shift phases...

finally a real currency to build a hgame, no more gems or juwels or whatever stupid stones they can come up with^^

one question i have, maybe already answered, guess i need that discord,
will there be only f/m interaction between gals and customers or will there be also f/f or m/f?

oh and another one, so the game will build around stats of gals and equipment? how are the actual effects distributed? gals make 60% and equipment 40%?

and what about futa?

Last edited:
OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hmm... am I the only one who finds these two statements contradictory?
The original timegating system was elegant in that it wasn't an energy system. Much like Fallout Shelter or "clicker" games, the more you played the less there would be to do until you took a break.

As we realized that this wasn't very fun even though it didn't put a hard break on the player's experience, we ended up changing it.

maybe its more a cd system instead of an energy management system regarding thise night shift and day shift phases...

finally a real currency to build a hgame, no more gems or juwels or whatever stupid stones they can come up with^^

one question i have, maybe already answered, guess i need that discord,
will there be only f/m interaction between gals and customers or will there be also f/f or m/f?

oh and another one, so the game will build around stats of gals and equipment? how are the actual effects distributed? gals make 60% and equipment 40%?

and what about futa?
Only f/m interactions at launch.
We actually got the greenlight from Nutaku for f/f, m/m, and futa though.
We want to eventually add this content in an update or have an event focused on it.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So, how it's going guys? Still going for the 6th July on Nutaku?

OP
FlynnFlann

FlynnFlann

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS!
We're still working with Nutaku to launch as soon as possible, but in the mean time we have a public demo out now!
https://www.dimlightcity.com/play (You may be presented with an error, just click OK, I'm working on it but it shouldn't affect the game.)

The demo itself showcases only a small portion of Dimlight: the introduction to Dimlight's story, the basics of building, hiring gals, and managing your brothel. Any and all feedback is appreciated!
You can either leave a comment here or join the discussion with us on our Discord server! - https://discord.gg/7BWuMut

A NOTE TO KIMOCHI BACKERS: If you've supported us on Kimochi in the past, please get a hold of me either on Patreon or Discord, we'll give you the benefits of our current Patreon. I want to make sure Kimochi backers can finally start getting benefits for their support instead of having to continue to wait even longer.

TravoltaLizardon

Reputation score
Sorry to necro this thread but it's been a while since I've heard updates for this game and the website has been down for I don't know how long. Did they cancel or something?