What's new

ACT Nanocrisis

Bluflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Nanocrisis

as far as I know the game doesn't need any special settings in your system to run properly; which means you don't need the japanese unicode (maybe this very thing is causing the problem for you but im not sure)
also try re-downloading the game and make sure you have the latest version
another thing may be your operational system or your system specs. which you are yet to post hereto get a good solution you need to give a good description of the problem ;)

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I'm not sure if it's the source of your problem, but I notice you don't have Japanese language support, or didn't when you extracted the game. Install Japanese language support and extract the game again, if that doesn't work, redownload it. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Bluflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm not sure if it's the source of your problem, but I notice you don't have Japanese language support, or didn't when you extracted the game. Install Japanese language support and extract the game again, if that doesn't work, redownload it. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.
please tell me how to do the japanese language support I have WindowsXP

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

This has been answered a dozen times already... Go to your control panel, go to Regional and Language options, go to advanced, and I forget the rest. Havn't used XP for a while, but if you're half intelligent, that should be enough for you to figure the rest out on your own. Go see the frequently asked questions thread if you're still stumped, that's what it's for.

CopperTop47

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

please tell me how to do the japanese language support I have WindowsXP
go to settings, control panel
select date, time, language, and regional settings
regional and language options
languages tab
supplemental language support -> install files for complex script

and after that, it's just going to the advanced tab and adding the language you want

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Strangely, I don't either and nanocrisis works for me.

CopperTop47

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yea, well i believe i might have had the same problem as him... i don't know could just be depending on what service pack you're running

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

the files i have in the nanocrisis folder show up the same as on the screen provided which means the asian language support may not be the answer, however you can try updating your system with the lates service pack - that might do it
i myself have win 7 and have never had any problems with nanocrisis
(previously i also ran it on vista no problem...) i'm not really sure what might be causing the problem..

heathenknite

Lurker
Reputation score

Try having the nanocrisis folder (with everything in it to start the game) at your desktop. Having the folder anywhere else c:/ or d:/ drives will cause an error。。。 in my case that is. Just a suggestion. If that doesn't work... (つ。つ)

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

What a great game with so much promise.

As for a few tips for certain types of enemies....I would suggest these.

Zombies: Who cares...you can kick them to death no prob.

Testers: Get the quick rifle and get them in a large bunch. Hold down your look back button(default F I think) and keep an eye on your backside and walk backwards while firing into the group. Turn on run real quick if you get surrounded and jump past them. Rinse/repeat.

Dogs: Power armor and power gun. Get into a crouch and hold down your look back button to keep an eye on your bum. Fire out of crouch and switch between left and right as needed.

Flies: With the fact that there are so many at so many different levels and so quick, I'd suggest a shotgun and defense armor here. Nothing really difficult tbh...just keep firing at different levels and sides to keep them off you as best as possible.

As for possibilities...it would be amazing if there was like an egg/parasite counter where it shows how many you have in you and animates accordingly. Say, for instance...you have 5 or so eggs in you, your stomach bulges a little bit. Could save that for the other, bigger form of fly I suppose. Also, could be a possibility for a death scene if they wanted to go that route where the egg laying/parasites cause a massive bulge and she pops. I would also hope that they add a couple extra positions for the humanoids where you get double and triple played depending on if there are any others near you.

Great game though...can't wait to see more!

Last edited:

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Reading these posts you guys make it sound like you can move, jump and crouch all while you're shooting. I can keep the gun up but only shoot when I'm standing upright and perfectly still. I can shot upwards but not downwards. Is my copy faulty?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Probably not - most likely that would be your keyboard. Some keyboards, especially older ones, will only take a few simultaneous key inputs. Since firing the gun takes two held keys, if your keyboard can only take two simultaneous keys, stands to reason you wouldn't be able to move around when you're firing.

The fact that you can fire upward leads me to think that it might be your copy is faulty, but just in case, mess with your controls a bit. Assign them to different keys. I think I remember somebody else in this thread mentioning that as a solution to the not-being-able-to-do-many-things-at-once problem. Let us know if that helps.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Probably not - most likely that would be your keyboard. Some keyboards, especially older ones, will only take a few simultaneous key inputs. Since firing the gun takes two held keys, if your keyboard can only take two simultaneous keys, stands to reason you wouldn't be able to move around when you're firing.

The fact that you can fire upward leads me to think that it might be your copy is faulty, but just in case, mess with your controls a bit. Assign them to different keys. I think I remember somebody else in this thread mentioning that as a solution to the not-being-able-to-do-many-things-at-once problem. Let us know if that helps.
Thanks, the fixed everything. Games a whole lot easier now- Dogs, here I come! Sorry issue was already posted, when I saw it earlier I assumed it was errors with the game not running at all.

Thank again.

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

People are allways saying if you dont like the game then make your own... Well I love this game but have some strong suggestions. I've tried to contact the maker but no luck translations a bitch.

So I think I'll try to make my own! The maker is getting most of his stuff from DAZ, look he didnt even bother to change the colors lol. He makes the sprites with this then plugs them into Gamemaker.

Easy right!... well I think i can do it without any artistic ability or coding knowledge but its going to be a slow painful bitch to do BUT it can and will be done.

I have one question I've been learning DAZ and gamemaker and when I make an animation in DAZ how do I then get it to a .gif sprite for the game???

Woot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have one question I've been learning DAZ and gamemaker and when I make an animation in DAZ how do I then get it to a .gif sprite for the game???
You can try to save a bulk of images and then create the gif with a gif editor or you can save the video and convert it to gif.
Unfortunately i don't have daz around to check if there is an option to do it directly.

Bluemonday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

People are allways saying if you dont like the game then make your own... Well I love this game but have some strong suggestions. I've tried to contact the maker but no luck translations a bitch.

So I think I'll try to make my own! The maker is getting most of his stuff from DAZ, look he didnt even bother to change the colors lol. He makes the sprites with this then plugs them into Gamemaker.

Easy right!... well I think i can do it without any artistic ability or coding knowledge but its going to be a slow painful bitch to do BUT it can and will be done.

Nice find Mr. Black!
Are you going to make a thread for your (possible?) game?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

I still cannot figure out how to block. I set my block key to v, but when I press v nothing happens. Any ideas? Is it only available to certain armors?

Btw, this must have been answered before, but I don't really want to comb through a hundred posts. How you get multiple flies?

heathenknite

Lurker
Reputation score

I still cannot figure out how to block. I set my block key to v, but when I press v nothing happens. Any ideas? Is it only available to certain armors?

Btw, this must have been answered before, but I don't really want to comb through a hundred posts. How you get multiple flies?
To block attacks you have to face the direction the enemy is attacking you and hold the block button.

Getting multiple flies you have lose all your health and crawl. As soon as you see a fly dive for you, face in the direction its coming from, not from behind.