What's new

ACT [ Z-Fied ] Resident Evil Progeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasshu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Resident Evil Progeny

I meant that only on enemies can experience these Gore effects...

Last edited:

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well I can't believe i missed out on this game completely till now.

So far the game is kinda messy but with all the replies and quick fixes it seems like in not so long the game will shape up quite nicely you clearly are putting a lot of effort in it and its clearly shown.

What i saw as some of the sprites bugged me a bit, with some polish the animations(the zombie and dog sex ones, running. etc) could of looked decent but now i understand that you have somebody else is working on that aspect of the game and i guess a decision was made on that part.

Now what i really would like to see now is a game that doesn't fit a "T for teen" rating for gore and that would be the heroine(Rebecca) or monsters exploding into bits, vore where her flesh deteriorates and the monster poops out her bones, Lickers ripping apart Rebecca to have sex with her warm blood filled organs, skinning and other goodies like that besides the disgusting monster sex eww.......

But anyways a lot of people don't really like that sorta stuff so i guess it could work without it, but we're talking about "Resident Evil" here so violent deaths should be present as well as the sex in my opinion not "Resident Evil Blood replaced by Sperm with walkietalkies for guns".

Anyways keep up the good work! And i love the choice of character by the way.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there a way to always get raped?

It seems like they always chomp me instead.

Jun

Reputation score

Pretty cool, Though pretty much a lot of the issues I have wit hthe game have been brought up by Wazzup.

I look forward to the updates though!

gamerdamer

Lurker
Reputation score

ok i got to the first boss is there a easy way to beat him? cuz i am low on ammo and he does a shit load of damage (it takes three hits from him to die cuz i fought him with full life) and i only had one herb which i used and then he hit me then i died so if you can help me with this i will appreciate it....or you suppose to die (cant win yet)

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ Nasshu

No, gore will be able to happen on the player too.

@UrineOnU

Thank you!

However, I've already put my stance on the gore part... and I don't find that attractive. Also, this isn't gears of war, I'm not going to make the character turn into tons of giblets.

@MurphyMurph

For some reason there's a higher probability that the zombie will bite you than try to rip off your armor/rape you. This has been fixed for the new version.

@Jun

Thanks! I'm fixing them as fast as possible!

@gamerdamer

You're meant to conserve your ammo for the boss, by not always killing zombies/killing them with the knife. It currently only does its special attack (the lunge). It does have a weak point though...

For those of you that are wondering on next update, I plan on releasing it this saturday, depending how things go (aka my course, team progress)

Also, if any of you are talented with pixel art and are interested in doing animation (you will have to redraw each frame) contact me! More hands make lighter work... and reduces the chance of this being one of the many unfinished games on LoK forums.

Z

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh well, its not like it really needs excessive gore to be a good game anyways
its just the Resident Evil games have some brutal deaths and if it's missing it would make it feel a little empty especially to me a Resident Evil fan.

And this redrawing frames what is it just polish?
Example:
is it like this very quick edit of your zombie sex?

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thats pretty good I like that over whats in the game.

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@UrineOnU

I didn't think resident evil had that many brutal deaths. The worst I think was the garrador in resident evil 4, and in the old ones the most goriest was probably the getting split in half by plant 42. Like I said, there's going to be some gore, just not an excessive amount.

And no, it's making completely new animations using the new base as a guide. FAPCOM has done 1 animation (behind - crouching) and he's working on the next one now. However, he may need assistance due to the sheer number of animations required.

MysticEyes

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Most brutal death is probably against the bugs in RE4, if the acid kills you, Leon rears back with half his face melted off. Nasty! Well, most brutal after the Garrador insta-kill. I don't like how RE5 really got tame with the death animations. But yet again, there was no way they could have compared with Dead Space. That shit is absolutely gruesome.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

@UrineOnU

I didn't think resident evil had that many brutal deaths. The worst I think was the garrador in resident evil 4, and in the old ones the most goriest was probably the getting split in half by plant 42. Like I said, there's going to be some gore, just not an excessive amount.

And no, it's making completely new animations using the new base as a guide. FAPCOM has done 1 animation (behind - crouching) and he's working on the next one now. However, he may need assistance due to the sheer number of animations required.
Regarding the sprite art, unless there is anything quick to do(nothing more than 10 unique frames is as far as I'll go), I don't think I have the time to make whole animations also it would take some time and practice to get the artwork similar to the other guys artwork witch is a very difficult thing for a lot of people,and I'm already way behind on my other projects but thanks for clarifying that.

Here's a quickie of Ada
i did as a quick practice to see how similar i could get it.

gamerdamer

Lurker
Reputation score

k thanks z-fied and i also have one more prob with the game it wont let me load my save game and i get this message

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_hud:

Error in code at line 6:
reloadpercent=(reloadtime1/reloadtime2)*100
^
at position 29: Division by 0.

but overall i cant cant w8 to see this game 100% done. keep it up

Edit: i also have some ideas that might interest you if you already havent heard it. how about each char. have their own special trait/skill like jill the master of lock picking can lock pick some doors that other cant get to. and rebecca starts off with 2 or more spray cans (something like that). while ada starts off with 10 or more slut points. You know something like that. Also later on in the game are the girls gonna always be naked (after the zombies rips their clothing off) or is there gonna be clothing/armor lying around for them to pick up, or maybe that building that looks like a clothing store with the naked manikins has a purpose (not sure if that the correct word lol)? lMybe have a mercent sells clothes and armor in the store like RE4 & 5 sells weps. ect. just thought i would throw that out there if that hasnt been discuss. or if thats gonna be a pain in the ass to do then forget it.

Last edited:

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@MysticEyes

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. Still, nothing compared to Dead Space. Also, I agree with your comment on RE5, almost seems like they were aiming for a PG audience!

@UrineOnU

That Ada looks pretty good, I think the proportions are a little off, but you said it was just a small thing to see if you can mimic the style.

As for the animation, currently, there's 4 animations:

Pre-Sex
Sex
Climax
Post-Sex

The pre-sex part is about 4 frames long, nothing fancy, just the small struggle before the zombie "goes in".
The Sex animation is about 8 frames long, with a couple being reused for reversing.
The climax is the longest part, being around 6-15 frames.
The post-sex is just another 4 frames, showing breathing, and Rebecca recovering from it.

So around 20 frames per animation in total.

@gamerdamer

That bug's been covered several times, I've fixed it for the new version.

For your ideas, I can't give jill a lockpick, since you won't need a lockpick for Mercenaries. I can make her very good with the knife though. Rebecca I have made that she heals more with items, I have made Ada an expert with guns (kind of like wesker in RE4), and Ashley is the one who starts off with the whore points ^^
Clothing will be able to be re-made/repaired by the merchant, and the cost will be dependant on how damaged.
That building with the mannequins has something to do with clothing...

gamerdamer

Lurker
Reputation score

ok cool that sounds good, BUT....what about clair redfield you cannot forget about her she is one of my fav res char. and sheva from re5 i dont really care if she is or not in this game but is your choice as well with clair (*prying that clair will be in this game*) or unless you dont want to give out to much info which i can understand well thanks for you time Z-fied

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Gamer

If you go onto the Mercenaries you can kind of make out who the characters are, if you know them that well. I doubt you'll get the 6th one though, that's my little secret ^^

E

Exofluke

Hmmm...

Any chance of throwing in cameos with villains?

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Exo

... Like who? One villian is key to the plot in this game.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

@Gamer

If you go onto the Mercenaries you can kind of make out who the characters are, if you know them that well. I doubt you'll get the 6th one though, that's my little secret ^^
Is it... LEON!?

E

Exofluke

@Exo

... Like who? One villian is key to the plot in this game.
I don't know. I just thought maybe a random appearance from Hunk or something. It's not necessary or whatever... I was just curious.

tycho0042

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So far this looks like a nice start to what could be a fun game! I do have a couple problems with it but they're minor especially considering that this is still pretty damned early in development as I understand it.

As was mentioned in an earlier post when Rebecca walks sometimes her clothes just disappear so she runs naked.

I can't seem to use the knife at all. Is there no animations for the knife swing yet?

Seeing as how I think Rebecca is the cutest of the STARS members I definitely can't wait for this to come further along! Please, by all means keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.