What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Main site:
DLsite Page:

Out!

Brief System Explanation:
The combat system is awesome, as expected of SG.
It expands on the mid-combat stat modification that Sankegi used.

This time, it separates them into two phases - Attacking and Defending

In the Attack phase, you put points into either Damage or Accuracy - You can't do both. You can see that the more you put into one, the lower the other becomes.

In the Defense phase, the same is true for the other stats - Defense and Dodge.

Another difference is that instead of having a Stamina Pool, you gain 5 points every cycle. Each time it's your turn to attack, you'll get 5 points. This stacks with the points left over, allowing you to horde up to 9 points if you play smartly.

The single most major difference, however, is the introduction of Armor Points. Based off the first three fights you do, each person has Armor Points. The goal is to get your opponent's AP down as low as possible, and then hit them hard. Their armor points reset after they're brought to 0, so don't go trying to destroy them in one fell swoop.

Likewise, when you're defending, it's generally wiser to take a few points of HP damage than 50 armor damage. That means that the next turn, your opponent will only have to cut through 10 armor to get to your health, where-as if you just take a few points, they'll half to cut through 60 again.

Now, after you allocate your STR/ACC and DEF/EVA, you'll be brought to a new menu, which is also brand-new - the Skills Menu. The default option here is to just use the points you spent and stab your opponent.

However, there are skills you can get and level up in the game menu(not combat), these are what the other options are.

Concentrate(YES, THEY'RE IN ENGLISH TOO! HURRAH!) increases your ACC by a solid 30% each level you use, like-wise All-Power increases damage by 30%
The skills do the same thing for their defensive counterparts as well. Concentration boosts evasion, and All-Power increases Defense

While these may seem alluring for only 1 stamina point per level use, be warned that you can only use as many stamina points as you have levels in the skill - If you have Lv2 Concentrate, you can only spend 2 points on it. One Lv2 or two Lv1's. Using them means you lose that level until you drink from your waterskin.

Like in the last game, your waterskin only holds three drinks. It can be refilled at wells, or the open jar of water in Rhodes' room.

When on the map, use the Cancel button to bring up a sub-menu - With the options Cancel, Crawl, Drink, and Appeal

Most of these are self-explanatory. Appeal, however, is more of an "Alternate Action" command, sort of like the Examine command in Dragon Quest. You can use it to get alternate dialogue with some characters, but you also use it to carry wounded people over your shoulder, and to interact with some objects, like the mirror in Rhodes' room.

Also, if the one "dungeon" area they include in the demo is how they plan to do the rest of the game, the Cancel Menu will also show you how many enemies are still in the area

Not quite sure what the passives do(Wonder Body increases HP?), and I'm assuming Grand Protect is locked until later in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

Aw yeah! scgarden games are awesome.
I wonder how the battle system will be this time. It's always quite interessing.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice, I was actually saving some money to buy another game that should be out soon...but this takes priority. Thanks for the heads up Twisted.

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

Not a problem
Aw yeah! scgarden games are awesome.
I wonder how the battle system will be this time. It's always quite interessing.
I'm excited as well. Not to insult any other part of the game, but the combat systems(especially in his Sankegi), are definitely one of the best parts.

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I've been checking his website ever since he promised a demo "soon" in his 1st of September update ages ago. Glad to see it's coming finally. :D

Mullens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, this guy really went heaps ahead his previous works compared to this one, there seems to be a lot of animations, new menu system and other interactions by the main character.
This easily justify the long time in development, I'm really glad.

The combat is different this time too, a tad complex, so I have to look into it.

Anyways, comparing to his previous works, it should take 1 or 2 months for the complete game to release. But who knows, he hasn't been too vocal about this game, so we have to wait regardless.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Heh, was about to post it here that the trial is out ' 3' but Twisted got it covered.

I'd say though

That image on the DLSite page (and in the opening post now)

Those eyes...feels...somewhat...creepy?

Like, one of those "looking into your soul" sort of feels?

Kadario

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It says on DLsite that the ETA is early January. At least I think that sign means "early". Too lazy to run it through a translator.

Also FUCK YEAH SCALE GARDEN!

agagagas

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I'm stuck in a room w/ a black guy and the commander(I think), the door is locked.

How do I progress past this?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I'm stuck there as well, I'm thinking that might be the end of the trial.
Checking my time, that's almost 2 hours for me getting there. If this is just the trial, I can't wait for the full release

Last edited:

d3ath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep, it's the end of the trial.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Liking it so far, has a lot of "interesting leads" to possible future events. The fighting took some time to get used to for sure.

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

It definitely did, it's far from your standard JRPG system, by any kind of respect

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Its good that scgarden cr8 a game and battle system is good too...
But, I think for me, the girl from his second game is much prettier than this one.

thestc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So true to his style, every game has now taken about ~2.5years for development just like all his previous games.
At least he is consistent! :D

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Its good that scgarden cr8 a game and battle system is good too...
But, I think for me, the girl from his second game is much prettier than this one.
Totally off-topic but you REALLY make me want to watch that show romerskie.

Slightly off-topic, I actually really liked the heroine from second game too but my fav is still the one from Seiren Harp. Don't know why though, it'll be awesome if he remade the game with his improved artwork.

On-topic, I'm really liking this game. Definitely buying it.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Totally off-topic but you REALLY make me want to watch that show romerskie.

Slightly off-topic, I actually really liked the heroine from second game too but my fav is still the one from Seiren Harp. Don't know why though, it'll be awesome if he remade the game with his improved artwork.

On-topic, I'm really liking this game. Definitely buying it.

Sorry for being off-topic...
Can't help it to compare his latest game and his second game.

But still hoping that I can grab a copy of his game and play.
Coz his gameplay are good and not kinda boring like other h-rpg games.

Celerityx

Demon Girl
Reputation score

At long last :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fuck man i can chart my life's transition phases to this guy's games.
Release dates are so god damn long

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Found the third heroine the hottest, because of blonde long hair and a great realistic looking fresh smile. And because she didn't kiss lifeless creatures that stole her soul with their eyes.
But the scenes in 2 were way hotter, especially because of the look on her face. (Even though the hottest scene altogether was the one in 3 with the treeguards. Wish he would do more creature stuff.)