What's new

Stand-up & Comedy

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Personally, I'm quite fond of British stand-up, and I got to wonder if anyone else here have some good suggestions? Not just on stand-up, but other forms of comedy as well. :)

I'll start off with Jimmy Carr.

A favorite joke of his from this clip:
"The thing that used to annoy me about Church when I was growing up was all the sitting down and standing up and kneeling... I wish you could just pick a position and fuck me!"

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Stand-up & Comedy

For my fellow Spanish speaking fellows :D

Goyo Jiménez- "Me da verguenza más allá del español"

OP
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry mate, no hablo español. :-/

I'll just post another favorite stand-up comedian, Ross Noble, a rather odd Northener who sometimes goes by the title "the Randomist", because all his jokes are pretty much absurd.

During this clip, he talks about people with literal sponge hands, and why a guy would glue meat to his face. Amongst other things. :)

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Lewis Black

That is all.

You may now youtube him yourself. Warning, nsfw for language.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Sorry mate, no hablo español. :-/

I'll just post another favorite stand-up comedian, Ross Noble, a rather odd Northener who sometimes goes by the title "the Randomist", because all his jokes are pretty much absurd.

During this clip, he talks about people with literal sponge hands, and why a guy would glue meat to his face. Amongst other things. :)
Gotta love Jimmy Carr and Ross Noble, though you can't forget Frankie Boyle. He's a bit dry and offensive for some people, but me, I can't get enough of him. Then there's Lee Evans, that sweaty bastard is always great. Though hasn't he finished with stand up now? And you can't leave out David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Sure, Peep Show fell a bit flat in the last season, but That Mitchell and Webb Look was a fucking great sketch show.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm addicted to panel shows, so my favorite moments are just Mitchell reacting to others.

OP
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gotta love Jimmy Carr and Ross Noble, though you can't forget Frankie Boyle. He's a bit dry and offensive for some people, but me, I can't get enough of him. Then there's Lee Evans, that sweaty bastard is always great. Though hasn't he finished with stand up now? And you can't leave out David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Sure, Peep Show fell a bit flat in the last season, but That Mitchell and Webb Look was a fucking great sketch show.
I was definitely keeping Frankie in mind when creating this thread. He's probably the most edgy of all of them, and that's saying something. :p

I quite liked his summary of the British election, aptly named the "Election Autopsy" (It's rather lengthy though):

I think my favorite part is where they discuss whether the Tory government will be disastrous for Scotland because they actively hate the Scots, or because they just don't give a fuck at all about the Scots.

And I do indeed love David Mitchell and Robert Webb. David Mitchell's angry, nitpicky rants are the stuff of legends. :D (Also that's Numberwang!)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I was definitely keeping Frankie in mind when creating this thread. He's probably the most edgy of all of them, and that's saying something. :p

I quite liked his summary of the British election, aptly named the "Election Autopsy" (It's rather lengthy though):

I think my favorite part is where they discuss whether the Tory government will be disastrous for Scotland because they actively hate the Scots, or because they just don't give a fuck at all about the Scots.

And I do indeed love David Mitchell and Robert Webb. David Mitchell's angry, nitpicky rants are the stuff of legends. :D (Also that's Numberwang!)
Not seen that video (don't watch any television these days, just Netflix and whatever I stream) but I will check out out later. And yeah, the Numberwang sketches are always great, as are 'The Event' sketches. Though my all time favourite has to be .

OP
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Speaking of British panel shows, I really like Sean Lock on "8 out 0f 10 Cats". He's a pretty good stand-upper as well.

"I hear voices in my head - but I ignore them and carry on killing."

"It's terrible the discrimination you suffer as a binge-drinker. I've been to job interviews, and I know for a fact that the only reason I didn't get the job was because... I was hammered."