What's new

Absolutely Haunting - Supernatural eroge VN [Free Demo]

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Absolutely Haunting! is a shorter eroge VN about your school's Occult Club, which only has three members! Gabrielle, Lucy, and you decide to liven up your club activities, and investigate the rumors about the abandoned old school. Halfway through the night, you discover you're locked in, and the haunting rumors of this place may not be rumors at all. Figure out who or what is haunting the school, juggle your feelings for your two friends, and try to avoid possession - or don't!

We'd offer some more of the H-Scenes here, but that would ruin the fun of the game!

- Important Links! -

- Gameplay! -
Visual Novel
Multiple explorable routes!
Two cute girls!
Dually crafted through Tyrano and Ren'Py!

- Stretch Goals -
Graduate beyond VN basics with choice-based map exploration
Inventory system to help solve the haunting mystery
Time progression system - You only have so long to solve this story!
Comprehensive adult scene library

- Sexual Content & Fetishes -
(In other words, what most of us are here for!)
Purple - Currently Implemented
Red - Future plans!

- Voyeurism
- Creampies (Impregnation)
- Mild BDSM
- Spanking
- Vanilla M/F
- Titfuck
- '69'
- Exhibitionism
- Possession/Mind Dom

- Mindbreak
- Netorare (NTR)
- Group (M/F/F)

We love to hear opinions on the game so far - what fetishes we should add, possible twists, and just general advice on how we can improve! Help us become better!

Last edited:

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Absolutely Haunting - Supernatural eroge VN [Free Demo]

You will probably plan on implementing it later or in the full version but normally, the functions like "skip", "save", "load" are on the dialog box in any other VN.

It feels weird to open a separate window for those.

I find Lucy so cute that I couldn't resist tying her up.

Attachments

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yea, we have a brand new GUI coming up in the downloadable version that implements those features - it's been a huge request in the current version!

You made our first fan art! :D That's so awesome! Wait till you see her future CGs!

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So far I'm really liking it. Both girls are hot/cute and very likeable. Little more sound in the H scenes would make them feel a little more real. The lighting on them is pretty low, I get that we're inside an abandoned faux-school and all but it's actually kinda hard to see each of the girls during the H scenes; especially in Gabby's scene, with the computers all around, you'd think there'd be a bit more light. Either way just for visibility it'd be nice if they were a bit more defined against the background.

The writing isn't genre-redefining or anything but it does the job fine for each of the characters and doesn't drag on too much, so good show there.

Things occasionally get a bit mucked up when you (over) use the Skip function - at one point Lucy's default image stayed on the center of the screen for pretty much the whole forest scene on the way to the haunted school, and music starts overlapping itself.

Definitely looking forward to any threesome scenes and the harem route, right now a lot of the choices feel more like you are just being a dick to the one you don't pick.

Overall though, I enjoyed both routes so far, hope not all of Gabby's scenes are femdom (though that one was super hot) but it looks like you guys got a lot of choice planned overall so I'm sure that future scenes will have more variance. Nice work!

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wait till you see her future CGs!
Hope there will be some bondage of her.

Seeing schoolgirls tied up in a haunted house is kinda sexy.
I saw that in a mobile game once and I find it hot for some reason.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any other way to try the demo, because that online version was SLOW...

Just as the haunted house started, it crashed? Blank dialog box after choosing which girl I'd look for.

Girls look nice, but can't comment on any H scenes as never got there.
Good luck with the project.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2 questions. impregnation. does that mean we will see some big belly cg's?

and NTR. does that mean some one / thing other then you can fuck the girls?

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Just as the haunted house started, it crashed? Blank dialog box after choosing which girl I'd look for.

I will also ask (as I really like the basics of this - a truly well-made VN) is there any way to DL the swf or even an exe made from it? Or - if possible - the Renpy/Tryanno build it comes from ( if that)..??..;)

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi Cryswar! Thanks for the feedback and giving our game a try! With the skip function (and honestly, a fair bit of the gameplay), our current program is really underperforming in keeping everything steady. I've noticed the skip feature problem as well, and its actually the same reason I temporarily shelved the "text history" feature - it kept breaking.

"Does the job fine" is honestly high praise for where we are currently, haha! Most of the writing is my own, and while I'd fancy myself an "okay" writer, it isn't my forte. I'm trying to learn though, and hopefully the quality will improve over time with more practice! Same with the choice system - I was too "flag focused" on delivering choices that clearly raised/lowered a girl's variables, but I need to work on adding more subtle and surprising choices and results.

The threesome CG is actually the next one on the list! It'll be a bit tough to get to, requiring very specific choices and a balance between the two girls, but I'm really excited for it!

Not all of Gabby's will be femdom! Each scene is meant to express one of the girls' hidden desires, and that just happened to be one of Gabbys! We are trying to think of more fetishes to add, so feel free to throw out suggestions that match up with the characters!

Boxtie, after that awesome artwork, you've 100% sold me on the need for Lucy to have a bondage CG! I can definitely see that as a future 'Corruption' scene for her, completely powerless...

Tontoman, we've had a lot of issues out of the demo crashing. We built it in Tyrano since Ren'Py did not support a web-app version, but its really showing problems handling things - I can't figure out if the slowness is caused by the engine, the 'maybe-too-big' file sizes of the CGs, or just the nature of internet games? Give me like...6 hours and I'll make you an executable version of the Tyrano version! We are working on transitioning to Ren'Py right now mainly because of the underperformance of Tyrano, and I'll make sure you have a copy of that .exe as well to test out!

Dartred, this might be a bit spoiler-y, so read at your own peril. ;) But a big component I want to add in future versions is the "Corruption" mechanic, which basically means that your choices with each girl, as well as the choices you make with the ghost, will affect how deeply the possession roots itself into everyone. If you are full-speed-ahead with the sexual content with little regard to their feelings, you're going to find that the nymphomaniac ghost will have obtained a pretty permanent hold on whichever girl you've subjected to that fate...even to the point of leaving the haunted grounds.

With this "bad end", we've been tossing out a few ideas - I really don't wanna spoil it, but an NTR "worst end" has been on the table! I'm putting a pastebin ;ink to the summary - but again...spoilers ahoy. The other side of NTR we've considered is from a 'girl-cuck' standpoint, like with one of the girls being forced to watch the MC and the other.

As far as the big belly one, I hadn't thought of it honestly! I may be using the 'impreg' fetish tag incorrectly, but I always just enjoyed the actual act of it, haha.

Hoboy, I'll give you the same .exe's I promise Tontoman above! Give me a bit of time to create them (currently not at my home, or I'd already be on it!) :D

Last edited:

Hoboy

Reputation score

Oh yeah - switch it to Renpy and then you can generate both exes and apps (I'm usually on a Mac)...:D

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ditto! My laptop is a Macbook, but my desktop is my "coding battle station", haha. Wasn't aware that Ren'Py could export to Macs, but that is an awesome thing to know! Thanks!

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

awesome bad end! i hope it makes it into the main game with cg.
And just like that, Dartred has taught me the neatness of quotes.

I'm a big NTR fan myself, but I think I might be in a small minority there, haha. So I'm really looking forward to writing that ending because of the NTR and mindbreak aspects!

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Boxtie, after that awesome artwork, you've 100% sold me on the need for Lucy to have a bondage CG! I can definitely see that as a future 'Corruption' scene for her, completely powerless...
Yay!

Here's some more random sketch X3

EDIT: I mispelled "writhe" XO

Attachments

Last edited:

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

( NTR and Mind break, huh? )

You've got my attention.

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is a link to a zipped up folder with both Windows and Mac versions:D Boom! Downloadable version, haha. Sorry it took so long!

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yay!

Here's some more random sketch X3

EDIT: I mispelled "writhe" XO
Boxtie, you are too awesome! :eek: I love these so much!

Hoboy

Reputation score

is a link to a zipped up folder with both Windows and Mac versions:D Boom! Downloadable version, haha. Sorry it took so long!
Fast! I'll be checking out the Mac version ASAP...;)

PS - works fine. Its nice to just click through without the waiting. Only problem now is - it's way too short...I want more scenes in the haunted school...;)

Last edited:

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Boxtie, you are too awesome! :eek: I love these so much!
Thanks.

I was wondering, what do artists nowadays use to create backgrounds for Visual Novels?
I can draw backgrounds too but I think I take longer, due to how I do the measurements and perspective by hand, for geometric shapes.

Are there any software you guys used to calculate and shape the perspectives for you?
I feel like I'm behind the times.

Below are examples of backgrounds I drew before.

Attachments

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is there any chance we might get to name the MC? Having him referred to as "MC" doesn't ruin the game or anything, but is a little weird imo