What's new

Summertime Saga

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I wonder why there are no thread for this nice game yet.

Summertime Saga is a high quality Dating Sim/Visual Novel game
The game is about a boy whose father just died under mysterious circumstances who tries to help with the family money issue while succeeding in college.

The game is really well made this far, the CG are good and consistent (the style and quality doesn't change/drop), the story is good, the dialogs feel right and the gameplay went from good to even better.

I'm really looking forward to each release.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaGoomba10

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Summertime Saga

I've been keeping an eye on this one for awhile now. There isn't very much content at all right now as it's still very early in the development cycle, but what content there is is actually quite good.

Is the art style familiar to anyone else or just me? I could swear I've seen this before.

Abelius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My my... this is actually pretty good! :)

So much attention to detail and that art style is something else.

When a fan-made game has original artwork and it's consistent and well done, then that game automatically enters my "to watch closely list".

The interface is good and it also has reasonable freedom for being a VN made with Ren'py. And the map is full of locations to unlock.

The only really weird thing is that after so much love invested in this... it doesn't have background music! And you need to play in absolute silence. :confused:

But all in all, for a fan-made game, this is really good.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

it's hard to tell what is available and what isn't, are the only HC scenes with cassie and the library randos?

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Definitely my most favorite game right now, hits all the nooks and crannies of the fetishes I got and how you can interact with the world. :p

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

My my... this is actually pretty good! :)

So much attention to detail and that art style is something else.

When a fan-made game has original artwork and it's consistent and well done, then that game automatically enters my "to watch closely list".

The interface is good and it also has reasonable freedom for being a VN made with Ren'py. And the map is full of locations to unlock.

The only really weird thing is that after so much love invested in this... it doesn't have background music! And you need to play in absolute silence. :confused:

But all in all, for a fan-made game, this is really good.
Eh, fan-made? Is this based off some previously existing property I'm not aware of?

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One of my favorite games right now... yeah, not so much content, but this is the game with more potential of the year.

DarkCookie art is amazing and everything in the game is drawn by him... just think about it, he could have made a much simpler game using RPGMaker and with his art only in the sex scenes (like many other games) but he prefers to make a more unique game, like Taboolicious with CougarX

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

but this is the game with more potential of the year.
^ This right here, we were talking about how he pretty much designed this game so well that he will not run out of content to make for a VERY LONG time. The world is big in the game and with all the interactions you can do it can be a very broad game that has different fetishes and and story lines to it. Just today he started working on the phone on his stream and you can get quests through it or use it to take pics etc. It's definitely sad he is not looking to add more to the team but hopefully once the money starts coming in he will consider adding a coder or artist to be able to make more content per patch. (Also seeing how we're only at .08 patch, if he sticks with .01 format every time we'll have a long way to go lol.)

juzotogo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've only played a few minutes of it, to try it out, but so far it actually feels like a proper game.
And there's enough there in the beginning to get you hooked.
Definitely something to keep a close eye on, and a great example for others.
thumbs up.

boyo111

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's been fun, some good existing content and the start of quite a few quests that offer expansion. Definitely a good setting with unique artwork that has set it apart from other games like it. I do like Renpy and with this game it has a better feel than the usual RPG Maps that you get for ones like this. Though the updates have been slow that is completely understandable considering that its only one person making this game.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That fetish list is....interesting. I can't imagine anything killing my metaphorical boner faster than accidentally running into gay or trap scenes in the future.

Abelius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Eh, fan-made? Is this based off some previously existing property I'm not aware of?
Well, it's a manner of speaking... :)

I think every creator out there is fan of hentai games in general, so I tend to think of them as that: fans that create games.

The other word that comes to my mind is 'amateur', but I don't like it because creating a game involves a lot of work, and even if you're not officially being paid by a company you're putting your soul in it. ;)

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's definitely sad he is not looking to add more to the team but hopefully once the money starts coming in he will consider adding a coder or artist to be able to make more content per patch. (Also seeing how we're only at .08 patch, if he sticks with .01 format every time we'll have a long way to go lol.)
Though the updates have been slow that is completely understandable considering that its only one person making this game.
He has a coder now, since v 0.06 I think... but yeah, he's the only artist in the game.

That fetish list is....interesting. I can't imagine anything killing my metaphorical boner faster than accidentally running into gay or trap scenes in the future.
I'm sure everything is optional... be careful with the guy from the cafeteria.

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pretty solid game! Also different types of ladies to interact with. Even the husky chick and the principal are sexy. Can't wait until its finished.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there any way to get the second textbook? I feel like I might have completed all the current content, but I'm not sure.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Does anyone know how much more content is currently included in the patron version? I wouldn't mind pledging a bit to this, but I'd like to know what more content there is available first.

bankss

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know how much more content is currently included in the patron version? I wouldn't mind pledging a bit to this, but I'd like to know what more content there is available first.
Same here, does anyone know?

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He has a coder now, since v 0.06 I think... but yeah, he's the only artist in the game.

I'm sure everything is optional... be careful with the guy from the cafeteria.
The dudebro in the cafeteria is the guy who helps you train your strength, you can't raise it without doing his favour.

Unless there's an optional gay encounter that I haven't seen...

As for the newest version, I pledged to his patreon, but it hasn't charged me yet, and $1 patrons can't see the activity-feed, so I don't know how I'm supposed to get the new versions. Presumably he mails em out to the $1 patrons?

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I really like the level of polish in this game so far. I do wish there were a few more completed arcs instead of every character mostly just having tease at this point.

It's gonna be a good while before I try this again. The stat training feels very grindy at least in its current implementation...and doesn't appear to do anything as of yet. Just in general it takes a long time to get "done", and Renpy games don't usually handle save files from previous versions very well.

I'm not concerned about the gay content even though it's not my thing. Pretty much all scenes begin with the MC having a yes or no decision on whether or not to get into it with a specific character. However, I don't understand why it's being added in the first place. At least at this point it seems likely that 90% of the sex is going to be straight so there's almost zero appeal for gay audiences. So why risk your core audience if there's a chance of losing a significant number of those players who won't take the risk of ever seeing that content?

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

this game is super early in development so you could probably leave it be for a good 6 months. what little they have is real promising though