What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Description:
In development since ~2011, Hounds of the Blade is a now-abandoned side-scrolling beat-em-up/arena fighting H-game made by Inui, the creator of Nanocrisis and now Hounds of the Meteor.
The game is about Aya, a bounty hunter who tries her luck on the frontier planet Ishukun, to earn 100,000,000 so she can pay back the loan she used to buy her new ship. There she meets a hostile community who would rather rape her then help her. Fortunately for her, when she was just about to give up she meets a rather nice duck...

Gameplay:
Is divided into two parts - A menu through which you access different areas, talk to NPCs, trigger events, or go to your ship to start a level, and playing those levels/encounters. Be warned, some events/encounters can only be triggered once and require a saved-game from before to be accessed again.

Each level has you in a "room" (or several), fighting groups of enemies either walking into or already present in that room.
Your objective is usually to kill X enemies, or progress to the last room to fight a boss/boss wave.
In addition to using her sword to deflect projectiles, Aya can dash and double-jump, and has several skills (One of which can be active at a time) - an energy shot, healing etc.

Aya has a stamina meter which is depleted by taking damage. She will be knocked down when hit once stamina is low enough, at which point enemies can grab her. Most enemies also have grabs that don't depend on stamina/knockdown. When grabbed, you can struggle free by mashing left/right, and most grabs will have an initial phase that lasts a short time but allows you to avoid being raped if you escape quickly enough.

Rape depletes stamina making it more difficult to escape from, but does not deplete HP. When HP is zero, Aya can still recover and crawl around. Pressing pause will allow you to give up and view the GOR scene and/or rescue scene. Most levels have an associated game-over scene (or several) - but you must disable the "Rescue mode" in the options.

Content:
Female Protagonist
Combat Rape
Game-Over Rape
Bestiality (Most enemies are either over-sized mutant animals, or humanoids)

Controls:
Configurable (These may be slightly wrong)
U/D/L/R - Move
Ctrl - Skip dialog
Z - Attack/Confim
X - Dash/Cancel
C - Jump
A - Skill
S - Zoom
D - Menu
P - Pause
Esc - Instant quit

Links:
Version 2017/05/2

Laek's Walkthrough

Voice Packs:
By default the game doesn't include voice sounds, but contains the files for you to replace with your own. Don't know who to credit for 2 and 3, but @Fenril is the one who backed them up.

Stranger's Voice Pack - Sourced from LoversLab Oblivion/Skyrim mods
Fenril's Voice Pack 1 - Source unknown
Fenril's Voice Pack 2 - Source unknown

Translation:
Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/hounds-of-the-blade-translation-project.8257/
Credits to @Wessex @laek and @TNT90
Download, unpack into the game directory overwriting when prompted, in this order:
(Wessex 20160221 V4)
Second (Laek 20161225)
Third (TNT90 20170801)

Old Versions:
This was contributed by sgtbilco.
sgtbilco said:
I'm archiving several versions of Hounds you may want to put up there. I plan on having these on my mega account permanently, so they shouldn't go anywhere.

Ver 20141123: mega.nz/#!IwEhxALI!IXPXsBjvEE6pcVH2Lo78Ngp-CdyjrWRQbhyZKRLFKTU

Ver 20160103: mega.nz/#!V51FBYjT!PM01RlJzuR4w15IRsaz8BPPC8FmI5SgLK_Fc-16JrUY

Ver 20160221 (Patch Update): mega.nz/#!c40nGQDS!8Cu__xMsJ4roEXCHUq4prP5IjWiVUe173dB7I9TbsDE

Ver 20160430 (Patch Update): mega.nz/#!s4VWkZCA!qY9j3xixOYRVuNDtMZIUSml_1yCFpq5JWBy3IlkVae0

I'm also uploading the cockroach "B-Story" build, I'll get you a link when its up.
sgtbilco said:
HotB_side_story:
mega.nz/#!Vh9EkKYD!oKkn5cFSc_wEwaEthh6u2i14sR7g3EtakNiFSFbdkBo

Troubleshooting:
Windows 8 doesn't support this game at all.

Netty said:
If anyone is interested I've an small launch app that has an workaround for Windows 8, it basically does the following:

- Disable Windows Audio
- Start HOTB
- Wait 30s and enable Windows Audio again
- Close launcher

/ UPDATE

Maybe the thread starter or HOTB dev wants to include it but decided to just upload it to Mega so everyone can choose to use it or not, source code is included and requires .NET framework 2.0 which is already included in Windows 8:

mega:///#F!RYZzDJAC!BlKuJYjA_t7_JFDI57nsrg

The launcher might require elevated rights (i.e. run as admin) if UAC is set too strict as it needs to restart the Windows Audio service.
I was pm-ed this...

whatamisupposedtowrite said:
The fix for HOTB on windows 8 is easy, just download this file and put it into system32 folder, click "yes" to replace/overwrite.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9fvjtj0tvhbewh0/dmsynth.zip
It is the dmsynth.dll file from a windows 7 system, and fixes both hounds and nanocrisis.
The dev uses slow & akward hosting site

Fenril said:
In addition, I think I should mention a few things about the downloader site that the dev uses.

Namely, AFXC limits downloads and limits traffic. There is a queue system that it uses and you're pretty much going to be stuck solving captchas until you're next in line. And there's an sidebar on the left which tells you when the next download becomes available.

Needless to say, whenever a new update comes out, expect to wait for a while due to high volumes of traffic. You're probably going to be solving captchas for a while unless you're patient enough to wait a few days for the traffic to die down.
Keyboard not working

AltairPL said:
Unplugging controller...

depending on the system game can still think you have one
try opening config.ini file and changing "select=2" line ([controller] section) to "select=0"

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Hound of the Blade

[walkthrough/scene list goes here... when I can be arsed.]

moot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

edit: removed unwarranted dick sucking

Last edited:

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Was there anything wrong with the old thread? Well, other than the fact that it was over 200 pages long, I guess?

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you're having trouble getting the forced oral blowjob scene with the green Cobolio gangsters when you fight them (in the Slums--I'm not talking about the first fight of the game), it's probably because it was disabled after fighting them one time in the Slums. Here is a fix to keep that animation part of all the subsequent fights with them:

Sorry guys, I thought Cobolio bj was removed. It still there. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Only works for the first time Aya enters the Cobolio Hideout. Get 0 HP and crawl toward one of the gangsters. :)

Here is how to trigger it again and again
Go to " Hounds_of_the_Blade20141123/story/a9 "

In there you'll see "start_2_1" and "start_2_2" files. Open each with notepad.
scroll down and you'll see,

END-------------------------------------------------------------
FlashOut(-200,c_white,0.1,30,SE_b_gard,3)
global.event_flag[66]=1;
A2("goto_room_scr(1,6,1,CommonStartBattleRoom)")

Then you have to add " global.event_flag[0] = 1; " to the third line like this.

END-------------------------------------------------------------
FlashOut(-200,c_white,0.1,30,SE_b_gard,3)
global.event_flag[66]=1;global.event_flag[0] = 1;
A2("goto_room_scr(1,6,1,CommonStartBattleRoom)")

Have fun.

Saves:
Vagrant Save

Save file with all other scenes.

Last edited:

Jardister

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I seem to be having script errors after using the translation for the second time you meet the vagrant in the alley. Is there anyone else who is seeing this error?

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This thread was remade because old thread was too long and the link to Inufactory's site was buried DEEP in pages.

Potato

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I seem to be having script errors after using the translation for the second time you meet the vagrant in the alley. Is there anyone else who is seeing this error?
yes I do too

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have you tried the latest version (#4) of Wessex' translation? I reported that bug and he fixed it. I tried it out, it works now.

Also, issues with Wessex' translation are to be directed to the translation thread (linked in OP).

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Something that should must be mentioned, hopefully somewhere on the front page or first post, is the compatibility problems this game has with Windows 8.

Let's be frank. Windows 8 is crap and hates this game. Fortunately, after doing a quick search, I found a post in the old thread which gives a workaround for issues people have to make it work on Windows 8.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=638740&postcount=2312

In addition, I think I should mention a few things about the downloader site that the dev uses.

Namely, AFXC limits downloads and limits traffic. There is a queue system that it uses and you're pretty much going to be stuck solving captchas until you're next in line. And there's an sidebar on the left which tells you when the next download becomes available.

Needless to say, whenever a new update comes out, expect to wait for a while due to high volumes of traffic. You're probably going to be solving captchas for a while unless you're patient enough to wait a few days for the traffic to die down.

Sabinn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just discovered this game and i'm on Windows 8.1

And yes, it seems it's almost impossible to play this game if you are on windows 8.

Even taking fenril's advice in account doesn't help, the game keep crashing right before the first fight.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Best advice to fix the win8.x issue is to take the free upgrade to win10, because win8 is crap and win10 is not as crap.

Win7 still da best though.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sweet a thread where they OP will be updated. wonder if you'll be adding saves to the OP also.:p

Eden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

*Sniffs air* Ahh, nothing like the smell of a new thread.

I'm actually pretty happy about this because it was getting extremely confusing trying to navigate that old thread, at least in my opinion.

Also, keeping an eye on the site, no upload yet, looks like the pic might have just been a tease. Who knows when we'll actually get the update, though.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Say Wessex, if you ever plan to keep OP updated for some time, maybe I can request adding a Change log?
Hidden in a Spoiler tab, pretty just telling what the added content is.

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

*Sniffs air* Ahh, nothing like the smell of a new thread.

I'm actually pretty happy about this because it was getting extremely confusing trying to navigate that old thread, at least in my opinion.

Also, keeping an eye on the site, no upload yet, looks like the pic might have just been a tease. Who knows when we'll actually get the update, though.
The creator posted a preview of the next enemy before: The orc enemy. It took months for the next update. I believe he complained about technical issues on his twitter (not sure though). Time periods between updates vary in length. He had a rather fast-paced run for the last few months, i.e. he came up with new content every 1-2 months. Once he took more than half a year. I guess he programs the game in his free time. I wouldn't make any estimations based upon some preview pictures. It comes when it comes (no pun intended)

OP
Wessex

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Say Wessex, if you ever plan to keep OP updated for some time, maybe I can request adding a Change log?
Hidden in a Spoiler tab, pretty just telling what the added content is.
I don't freaking remember what was when updated in the game in the past. So useless you can pull a list out of nowhere then I cant help you.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll be adding a scene list in the second post either tomorrow or at the weekend