What's new

Absolutely Haunting - Supernatural eroge VN [Free Demo]

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Absolutely Haunting - Supernatural eroge VN [Free Demo]

HoBoy, I'm really glad you like it! More scenes coming in the next updates! One for each of the girls! ;)

Boxtie, to be honest, we are still using stock backgrounds for Absolutely Haunting :( We've not commissioned a BG artist yet due to lack of funds, and Character art and CGs definitely take priority for us (and I think the fans too!)

I wish I could tell you more v.v" But I'm really not sure what people use for BGs - my character artist uses Paint Tool Sai and the Photoshop Suite though, I believe!

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there any chance we might get to name the MC? Having him referred to as "MC" doesn't ruin the game or anything, but is a little weird imo
You get to name the MC in the new build! It will be up really soon. :)

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So is this the same demo as when the thread was first posted? That was months ago, are there planned updates for the free release at any point?

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A new release was just posted on the patreon page. It should be available for non-patrons in a couple of weeks at most.

OP
Mindshard_Dev

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

[[July Updates]]

This summer, we've moved over our entire game into the Ren'Py engine, which solves the slowness issues a lot of people have been reporting from the Tyrano'builder instance of the game on NG and itch.io! While you won't notice any new content in the current public version, it's the long-coming precursor to being able to storm forward with a new version every two weeks now that we've got our new system handled!

Speaking of new versions, we've just released 0.2.4 - a lot of bug fixing had to happen between 0.2.0-0.2.4, haha - for our backers, and the first week of August will see this version released publicly! Some of the huge changes coming in the new version:

1. Nameable MC
  2. Soundtrack Implemented!
  3. Second h-CG for Gabby and Lucy
  4. Further storyline progression!

On a less "technical" and more personal note to this post, I'm sure some of you reading this are thinking "Took you long enough, Mindshard! Where's the progress!?" This summer, I tried taking on a secondary job so I could help push forward development from a financial standpoint. The CGs aren't cheap, and I had to find out that contracting a composer for custom musical/ambience tracks isn't either! While this hindered me in terms of getting the time to work on my project, it allowed me to generate the additional funds to create more assets that will make our final game amazing! As we speak, we have five new CGs in the works, along with more musical tracks that will phase out any CC music you find in the game. I want the best for this project - I never claim to be a professional developer, but I'm giving it my all any way I can!

I'll see you all in two weeks! Cheers!

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Updating to let people know this project is still active. The writer is currently on break, but I've done some polish to the game in the meantime. It gives a glimpse of some of the new systems for upcoming releases. It may be buggy in places.

The latest build, version 0.2.14, is .

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Version 0.2.15 is now available.

It has some minor animation fixes and solves and few reported crashes.

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This one brings back the gallery to the main menu, along with some minor fixes throughout the game. And more good news: the writer is back from break!

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In the upcoming update we've continued into chapter 3, overhauled the sprites to high resolution, made a system for "Extras" mode, and added some more animations to the girls. Expect it soon!

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The development of Absolutely Haunting is going to be on hold again. (I am posting this on July 24th, 2018.)

I'm not sure when it will resume honestly. I am not the one in charge of the project, nor have much control over it at all. I only program it.

Please send all of your inquiries to Mindshard_dev. He controls the Patreon and twitter, so any new information or updates will come from him.

I cannot pause or freeze the Patreon unfortunately. I do not have access to it. Since the game is on hold again for an unknown amount of time, it may be best to drop your pledges.

I sincerely thank all of you for following the game this far. The best I could do was make the builds free here on itch.io.