What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

KuroCoolo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

Yeaaaah I just said to follow his diagnostic suggestions (or rather, that was directed in the context of the other poster's questions). As Fruitsmoothie has said in his other posts (and the one above mine), he gets too many PMs about his mugen. TBH, I don't even know what the hell it looks like; I'm more than happy with my own mugen (absolutely no bells and whistles...just heavily personally edited and up-to-date characters for me on the default mugen engine).

Sorry. I think this is like, the 6th time I've said this in the thread, but if you're new to mugen/H-mugen, you need to learn it to get the most out of it, because it's MADE to be heavily customizable and to encourage editing/character creation. I do get that people are lazy/don't have time or energy, so I empathize with you, however.

If you want my personal favorite pre-made mugen, I'd suggest Judael's (RMBD) screenpack. The characters may be a bit outdated, but IMHO it's the most well done in terms of the mugen itself, and it's both comprehensive and mostly H-compatible in terms of the character collection. While he's taken his hosting site offline, I think there are a few links to his collection in this thread (just do a search for RMDB or QoF here). Most other pre-made mugens are outdated or taken offline (e.g. Betmark's), unfortunately.

If not, you probably should just start from scratch like the rest of us and begin to amass a collection of characters. Get the latest mugen engine (1.1b IIRC). Go on the Ryona sakura uploader or make an account on Mugen Archive and peruse their +18 area. Gettag offers many of his characters for free too. It does get fun, like a treasure hunt, sorta.

And sorry if this seems complicated. Google is your friend. Or continue to ask questions.

@Fruitsmoothie:
Yeah, I think Mugen 1.1b is the most recent. At least, that's what I've been using forever. LOL, ogg and mid files...man those are pretty old. No mp3s or even wav files? Don't really have recommendations for 120+ character screenpacks or anything, but my own mugen is a complete 14x20 grid (280 characters), and yes, I have actually weeded it out for only the most compatible characters, so you can see I've been collecting quite a bit, heh, even after losing them due to HDD crashes. If you don't care about aesthetics, just modify the mugen.cfg file to your liking.

Man, that's too many characters to scroll through and see if I have improved versions/new characters. Sorry, just don't wanna put through the effort. But if it helps you, just lmk which characters you're missing or feel like there are newer versions, and I'll check my own. And I feel ya on the 'mass testing' issue. I already went on a rant about version control and the inability of the H-mugen community to collaborate on a single character effectively, so this WILL ALWAYS happen until the editors unite. For now, I do my own personal changelogs for my updates/edits, so I suggest you do that too. And I find the best way to figure out which character version is the most updated (aside from the dates of the files and upload dates or size of the files) is by the number of sprites in the sff file. Of course, I actually go through to check and sometimes I even undergo the tedious task of COMBINING two versions into one complete character, so that's something you may have to do as well. Good luck.
As a new guy in the community who doesn't have much to start with, I just felt left out when I thought this whole thing was about sharing an interest in common : our love for sex and our love for sprites. I know FruitSmoothie couldn't possibly reply to each and every mails until the end of times but I was just following his advice on the 1st page where he said all we had to do was to send a PM to get his version of the game. How was I to know that he'd change his mind? That's just my luck but I accept it, I just hope someone will be kind enough one day to share something other than vids for newcomers like me.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As a new guy in the community who doesn't have much to start with, I just felt left out when I thought this whole thing was about sharing an interest in common : our love for sex and our love for sprites. I know FruitSmoothie couldn't possibly reply to each and every mails until the end of times but I was just following his advice on the 1st page where he said all we had to do was to send a PM to get his version of the game. How was I to know that he'd change his mind? That's just my luck but I accept it, I just hope someone will be kind enough one day to share something other than vids for newcomers like me.
Yeah, sorry man. I do agree with you that it's tough to get into H-mugen now. I think I've covered it over and over in this thread, but the gist of it is that, as a community/customizable game, Mugen itself isn't meant to be one single finished product by a single group. Instead, it's a continuously evolving conglomerate, a result of many individuals working together.

With that being said, quite a few content creators give up for various reasons: Some just move on to other things or go back to RL, some are disillusioned when their characters get plagiarized or overshadowed, and some just realize it's not worth their hard work when people freeload their stuff. It's sorta like the story of the little red hen (the bread baker), or any group project you've been in; you've got a small bunch of people doing all the work, and everyone else going, "hey cool, lemme just latch on and reap the rewards of your efforts." Therefore, what should be a community project crumbles and indignant individuals privatize their works (or in the case of guys like mugenero, only pop out videos for everyone in a while).

For me and most others here, I'm in between. I've worked for about 4-5 years collecting, editing, and updating my own mugen and H-characters, also amassing a lot of knowledge along the way. While I don't think hoarding content and ignoring people is the answer, I also feel justifiably selfish in wanting to keep my hard-earned mugen for myself...and I also don't think H-mugen will grow if newbies are continually spoonfed. That's simply not the way mugen was intended anyway.

Therefore (here's my TL;DR), I'm going to say that H-mugen is earned. You want to get into it? Sure, I'll be happy to show the way and offer my knowledge as a resource. But don't expect a bunch of links to pre-made mugens. Do the work yourself. Again, this isn't just like any other game on ULMF.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To add on to that, everybody has different preferences for the stuff they're into with Mugen. Your own version will pretty much always be more enjoyable for you than someone elses, even though it can take weeks to put together and a lot of work to maintain/test it if you want some grand roster list (Though you can get a working game going pretty quickly now). I aimed for full Kurolite compatibility for example, but didn't have any consistency with Minotaur.

The main reason that I started sharing my compilation in the first place was because at the time, the major H Mugen sites had just gone down/were dying (The old Spanish site and Betmark I think?), making it extremely difficult to find a lot of the characters I had. New sites have shown up since then and they're more reliable with compatibility than before, mostly just because a ton of characters have been worked on here and there over the years (For example, I used to have to test dozens of characters just to find 1 or 2 I could use, now it's about half). That and most of the rarer characters have shown back up or even been improved on.

There's basically less reason for people to share a "full game" now, it's mostly just time saving. For a while it was actually difficult to find the files themselves with all the sites dying. H Mugen had a bit of a dark age but actually seems pretty healthy right now. If anything, be happy you have (English) options now. I've already been able to update mine much quicker than I used to be able to, I remember digging through Spanish and Japanese sites/forums for hours and praying to find something that wasn't shit, lol. I'm not fond of all the vanilla rapers lately, but at least there's improvement now. You can also see that in how quickly new videos pop up on FC2, it used to really only be that one guy that won't share his stuff, now people are competing with him and actually sharing their work, lol.

TLDR: Getting into H Mugen is probably easier than it has ever been right now (Google "H Mugen"). Just make sure you DL the 1.1 version on the main page, and find out how to edit in new characters/stages/music. Most of that info can be found in google or in the files themselves. I still might upload my compilation again in the future, but I gotta say I'm not looking forward to answering pms forever : p. Curse ULMF's rules.

Would be so cool if H Mugen was handled better, like a main site with all characters tested for compatibility and such, artists/moders properly credited, version numbers to track progress/changes, etc, etc. Just is totally impossible with so many people to be coordinated (Language barrier certainly doesn't help.). I applaud people trying to put together stuff like that and improve things though over the years. I think it's helped a lot. Coming back to Mugen this time has been much easier than the last time. Wish people could legally make money off of Mugen as well, pretty sure there's a clause that says you can't. We'd probably see a lot more progress if people could make a living out of creating original Mugen characters. It's actually kinda amazing a freeware game like this has done as well as it has if you think about it.

One thing stopping me from getting into editing is that I'm always worried there's already a version out there with improvements or somebody else is working on the character already. So much work just to be wasted, ya know? If I could just check a site and see what needed fixes, that'd be so much easier.

Last edited:

Senoj8

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I was gonna upload my Mugen collection soon. But somehow during a temp file cleanup of my laptop every .cmd file got deleted. So now I have a bunch of broken characters due tem missing their Command files.

Senoj8

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Newest HD Gettag Vid

Also Here are some Pre-made Mugen sets I used to start my collection and Handy's mugen, which seems to have a broken link. (Some chara maybe old but its better than nothing)

Last edited:
OP
OnyxShadow

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Senoj8, your contributions are appreciated as always. Adding to OP.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks Senoj8. But I'm getting an error trying to open MugenHH.

"Can't open system.def"

rythmicano

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Had a query about the QofR version uploaded by Senoj8. I am having this error when trying to start the Mugen. I changed the resolution from the [Config] and [Video] in Mugen.cfg file but nothing seems to work for me. Having no graphics card at the moment, might that be an issue? Really want to try this one out so any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Senoj8

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks Senoj8. But I'm getting an error trying to open MugenHH.

"Can't open system.def"
Open mugen.cfg in the system folder and change
motif = data
To
motif = data/mugen1/system.def

P_Maronno

Reputation score

Open mugen.cfg in the system folder and change
motif = data
To
motif = data/mugen1/system.def
About MugenHH..
Do we need to change the system locale or the characters are supposed to be all accented? The mugen couldn't read the encoded characters so I had to rename the folders.

Thanks for the collections btw!

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Newest HD Gettag Vid

Also Here are some Pre-made Mugen sets I used to start my collection and Handy's mugen, which seems to have a broken link. (Some chara maybe old but its better than nothing)

Thanks!!

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

About MugenHH..
Do we need to change the system locale or the characters are supposed to be all accented? The mugen couldn't read the encoded characters so I had to rename the folders.

Thanks for the collections btw!
As far as I can tell it's a broken assortment. There's a ton of missing characters that appear to either skipped via semi-colons in the select.def or incorrect/missing folder headings.

Regardless I appreciate the collection. Appear to be a few characters with decent compatibility I've missed - will just take awhile to go through the various folders and fixing up the system.def to sort it all out.

EDIT: There appears to be several folder's worth of missing characters, not incorrect folder headings.

Last edited:

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

About MugenHH..
You need to extract the archive with the encoding enabled(japanese windows settings). It should work normally after that, so you don't need to have japanese settings all the time(might still need locale emulator for some cases). The problem is that the winrar(and other programs) try to correct the names written in non-standard characters.

Also, as our fellow user said, there are many chars that were deleted from this collection or have semi-colons in the select.def. And what's worth noting is that many(if not half of them) chars are not compatible with h-animations and are good only for the fighting aspect of the game.

Still, this client is much more comfortable to use, with ai-mods already added and some more stuff :D

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

gettag post his yoko char in that video senoj posted there are other chars but that one is the best imo

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, mugenero posted 2 new vids, primarily focused on Arcana Heart. 2 new chars and the rest are old stuff with slight alteration, or none at all.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks as alway Senoj8.

That クロユリヒメ user sure is flooding the FC2 video site. It's mostly the same stuff over and over again as well.

KuroCoolo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you so much for sharing your stuff with me and all the other newbies that want to get inside the mugen community. All I needed was a starting point and now more than ever, I am motivated to learn how to add characters, musics and backgrounds.
Most people remain selfish when it comes to sharing anything nowadays and they seem to have forgotten that even them had to start somewhere by being a noob and asking for a couple of stages and characters here and there. At least you've been a big help even if it's as you said incomplete or anything. The gesture is highly appreciated and I'll make sure to turn it into my vision of a fighting game in time... Thanks again, for everything.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Mugenero posted another new one, probably he's trying to get ahead while gettag is busy making H-res sprites.

Thanks as alway Senoj8.

That クロユリヒメ user sure is flooding the FC2 video site. It's mostly the same stuff over and over again as well.
Yeah, really annoying when someone spams stuff like that. But then on that site if your name is neither ムゲンエロ nor gettag then your mugen vids will be most likely ignored.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Mugenero posted another new one, probably he's trying to get ahead while gettag is busy making H-res sprites.

Yeah, really annoying when someone spams stuff like that. But then on that site if your name is neither ムゲンエロ nor gettag then your mugen vids will be most likely ignored.
My videos are received well enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not quite so much as theirs but I don't push out nearly as many videos either. I just post them on a whim and am being quite irregular with it.
But yeah, it needs a bit of time for people to actualy notice you exist.