What's new

ACT [azurezero] Damsel quest (£3.20 on itch.io/cheaper bundled with DQ2)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel quest - ON SALE NOW (check OP)

curious factory messing me about now... telling me the game doesnt work, but not explaining how exactly it's not working... SO...I've reduplicated the most recent version of the english release...CENSORED EVERYTHING...AGAIN... replaced the cgs... and reuploaded it to drop box...

if they send me a stupid response again im gonna scream

btw another tiny patch has been uploaded as the witches cg was incorrect (darn that blowjob giving princess object)

Last edited:

tamaking

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i bought it yesterday, its good:D

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm having a really hard time on that level with the moving hearts and all the locked doors, and it's frustrating that if you close the game you get to start all over again, theres only a couple levels with the switches to skip.

EDIT: Made it past, and I found a bug. On the level with the plant monsters chasing you upwards, if you fall but fall in between the plants, it won't give you a GO, and since there's no reset key, I had to close the client. :( I really need a way to skip back there, because I'm not playing through all the earlier levels to get there again.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm having a really hard time on that level with the moving hearts and all the locked doors, and it's frustrating that if you close the game you get to start all over again, theres only a couple levels with the switches to skip.

EDIT: Made it past, and I found a bug. On the level with the plant monsters chasing you upwards, if you fall but fall in between the plants, it won't give you a GO, and since there's no reset key, I had to close the client. :( I really need a way to skip back there, because I'm not playing through all the earlier levels to get there again.
Sorry about that, the code in that bit of the game was causing bugs in the rest of the game (it made checkpoints not work because you instantly died off screen if the camera wasnt on you) expect a patch later today, for now...

level skip cheats
on platforming levels push 6

push q in the shooter level to fill up the bar, kill and enemy, then push q to do damage to the boss

also for extra fun (though it does expose some of the design bugs in my guard ai, push p to get the succubus wings on any platforming level)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

having to relegate the death trigger to an object only in that room :)

shouldve thought of it sooner

edit- drop box is still syncing but i've completed the patch+ on the jp version too

Last edited:

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a good game when it comes to mechanics, exactness of platforming and the shooter parts. I am really surprise by the advancement you made, Azure.

Some tips

Space out different enemies. Don't re-use enemies for the whole game, especially considering that you die to the same ones a lot due to the puzzle / sneak type of the game. Look at unholy sanctuary for example, you often don't see the same enemies in more than 3 or 4 rooms. Even slight variations can help, making it a different tentacle colour / thickness, ect.

Possibly add a higher walking / running speed to the next game. I know it's a stealth game, but most platformers make you run awfully slow which kind of drags down the game.

Apart from that like I said it's very well designed, the hitbox is spot on, no part of the game feels unfair and is still challenging. A lot of devs make the mistake to make their hentai game super hard, which just kills your boner leaving you with no fun at all.

One problem i had was that if I switch between options in the main menu, it won't let me use any with the enter key anymore. It just makes a "tic" sound when I press enter. Consequently, I can't exit the game normally or enter the gallery. Any tips?

Edit: And CHEATS. Finally someone that brings cheats back to gaming, thanks a lot :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a good game when it comes to mechanics, exactness of platforming and the shooter parts. I am really surprise by the advancement you made, Azure.

Some tips

Space out different enemies. Don't re-use enemies for the whole game, especially considering that you die to the same ones a lot due to the puzzle / sneak type of the game. Look at unholy sanctuary for example, you often don't see the same enemies in more than 3 or 4 rooms. Even slight variations can help, making it a different tentacle colour / thickness, ect.

Possibly add a higher walking / running speed to the next game. I know it's a stealth game, but most platformers make you run awfully slow which kind of drags down the game.

Apart from that like I said it's very well designed, the hitbox is spot on, no part of the game feels unfair and is still challenging. A lot of devs make the mistake to make their hentai game super hard, which just kills your boner leaving you with no fun at all.

One problem i had was that if I switch between options in the main menu, it won't let me use any with the enter key anymore. It just makes a "tic" sound when I press enter. Consequently, I can't exit the game normally or enter the gallery. Any tips?

Edit: And CHEATS. Finally someone that brings cheats back to gaming, thanks a lot :)
you use left and right on the menu screen, lol i shouldve put up and down as well, the gallery is click the pictures when you're in there, incidentally the sound tick is in the any key segment...

edit; right i've added up and down aswell but until i need to upload another patch i'll skip that for now :)

here's hoping i reach that 500 sales soon :) i'll start writing the text when i get to 400 sales and i'll also add a toggle switch on the main menu/gallery for text on or off
the object that actually shows the text has allready been created and it's what i used for the ending, though that one was on a timer instead of pushing left/right

Last edited:

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I know to use left and right. However, once I use left or right enter doesn't do anything anymore in the main menu. I can put the focus on gallery, exit or even new game and enter just makes a tic sound. I can only start the game if I start the .exe and press enter without pressing any arrow key before that.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know to use left and right. However, once I use left or right enter doesn't do anything anymore in the main menu. I can put the focus on gallery, exit or even new game and enter just makes a tic sound. I can only start the game if I start the .exe and press enter without pressing any arrow key before that.
that is very strange... i dont seem to have the issue at all,
if the unlock file is present there shouldnt be an x over the gallery and there shouldnt be any problem getting in

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well that's retarded...

"Hi,

My name is Jake and I work on payments, risk, and compliance at Gumroad.

Unfortunately, our policy of selling adult content on Gumroad has recently come under scrutiny. We're a small, early company and we have to stay on the safe side in terms of the things that we allow on our platform. As we work with banks and other partners, we have to be pretty conservative, as they are. Because of this we are going to have to suspend your account later this week.

Hopefully our short terms losses lead to long term gains and we become a really good fit for you again.

Best,
the Gumroad team."

so it seems erojanken is coming off the market, not that it was making money

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That's a shame, but you still can use paypal, right?

EDIT: Fell through the damn plants on that damn level again :(

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's a shame, but you still can use paypal, right?

EDIT: Fell through the damn plants on that damn level again :(
did you redownload the demo? i fixed that problem about 24 hours ago

here, i recorded proof for ya :)

it took me 3 attempts

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ha bitch be giving me neg-rep for my sale price despite the fact it was voted on and remains the top answer

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

GAHHHHHH waiting for dlsite is painful with these wonderful early sales (i've never had 60 in 4 days before) ... i have to know if this is the one that i can call a success allready... D; hurry uuuuuuuuuup

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, it's out on the Japanese DLSite.

You made the icon yourself, right? I'm pretty sure the abbreviation for platformers and similar games is ACT. ADV is for visual novel games.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, it's out on the Japanese DLSite.

You made the icon yourself, right? I'm pretty sure the abbreviation for platformers and similar games is ACT. ADV is for visual novel games.
ADV is adventure, VN is visual novel and they just emailed me :)
though act is action, either fits...considering the genre hopping adventure fit best

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I should feel lucky right now, only just looked at the dissappointing sales of
Pendulum on dlsite...which i just overtook...

SO, if you haven't supported him yet, i recommend you go buy his game, because it's cheap and fun to play...

update, i'll need to wait a day or so to know but atm sales are simply good, not great on dlsite, paypal sales are still going up though

blog sales total 67 (of which i get roughly £3 per sale) making a healthy profit of £201

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, don't worry about dlsite--even though my sales there are non-existent, my sales through paypal basically tripled when Pendulum went up there, and my paypal buyer-log for the past few days is pretty much in moonspeak. People simply learned that if the product page links to some kind of blog, there's a good chance you can buy it a lot cheaper over there.

I hope damsel quest sells well too. People, buy his stuff--it's awesome!

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

that is very strange... i dont seem to have the issue at all,
if the unlock file is present there shouldnt be an x over the gallery and there shouldnt be any problem getting in
I downloaded the demo.exe, put the files from the purchase in there and played the game just fine. There is no cross over the gallery. Is there any other way to see the cgs?

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah fuck, I have no idea what I was trying to do with this post. Mods, please delete it.

Anyhu, until then, have a laugh:

Kid: Daddy, daddy, how long 'til we get to grandma?
Dad: Shut up and dig!

Alternatively...

Kid: Mommy, I don't like grandpa!
Mom: Shut up and eat!

Last edited: