What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Maelion77] Chronicles of Leridia

c123

Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Leridia 0.2 is OUT !

Very impressive. Lots of quality content considering you announced it just this August. Anyways, I have some questions and requests/suggestions for the game.

1. Are your going to keep your current donation system, or are you considering moving to patreon? I feel like you would get more exposure and donations that way.
2. At the end of the current version, you need to choose between becoming a guardian or a deviant. What type of impact will this have on the rest of the game? Will it vastly effect the story, or just some combat differences? I usually don’t like it when a story makes you decide between two very different paths right in the middle, so I would suggest keeping the differences to a minimum.
3. In Sylia’s bedroom there is a closet which we interact with once to change clothes for her “date”. Will there be some cloths we can change into that isn’t tied to an event?
4. Will there be prostitution in the future?
5. Currently Sylia can get “tamed” by people and monsters. Would you consider expanding this so you can see her “relationship” with various people and monster, where she can either feel submissive to them or romantically attracted, basically adding a minor dating sim side game you can play with various NPC.
6. Right now the game is centered around Sylia’s home village. Will it remain this way, or will we at some point head to the capital and have a new “home base”.
7. Will the upcoming chapters follow the same general format? You have a main quest line, and some side quests you can do, which are unlocked depending on your progression in the main storyline. I think adding a bit more sandbox features would be nice, perhaps some that would even effect the main story a bit. An example scenario I have thought of:
a. Sylia is captured by some bandits. Instead of a GOR, she is taken to a slave market and sold. There you must figure out how to escape, which you eventually do. However she now has slave tattoos and piercings, and needs to figure out how to remove them, and what will happen if some villagers find out she is now a runaway slave? (sexy stuff) Also creates some problems when Sylia is a runaway slave in one part of the kingdom, and a guardian in the other.
8. Alright, so I know when you start a game you said that this game would never contain pregnancy, but would you pretty please consider it? I feel like this game is a good fit, whether it’s a story line feature that only happens once, or more sandbox. Perhaps take a poll and see what other people think?

Quite a bit I asked there, and I guess even if you like an idea I had, every new thing you add is more work, and you don’t want to become too ambitious or it will never be finished. Look forward to your response and other people’s ideas and reactions.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi all,

Since I am back from my business trip, I will be able to take more time to answer to your questions.
I'm proud to say that the support is great too. We reached the step 1 in the Donation Campaign and I'll start to to work on bonus content in december.

A 0.2.2 version will be released first with technical fixes, because we don't like bugs, do we ?

Um... You still haven't fixed the issue where Slaps and Spanks can fizzle?
Can you explain what mean "fizzle" ? Is there a bug with slap/ spank scenes ?

Firstly, is the dog quest bugged? I find him in his initial place and he runs away but I cannot find him again.
Also, going back to his initial spot causes a game-breaking bug and replays the first scene part way through and then stops
I've checked the dog quest and updated the event, it should be okay now. There may be a bug with a switch, not sure but I've secured it.

Failed to load: img/faces/mother.png
I have checked the IMG database. This png as well as player.walk.png do NOT exist in MY database.
You must have downloaded another game with mine or you downloaded my game from another site so they corrupted. Please try to download from my blog the 0.2

is it intended that the Doll-Maker room and the Room with the trial of light are absolutly dark ...
No it is not. I've put a script to activate the light each time in each place. I hope it will be okay in next update...Since I can't verify it on my project.

I found a bug - I tried vising the Manor after the guild events, because I had a boss contract there (The Abomination or something).
But as soon as I enter the building, the event where the apprentice girl opens the secret door in the fireplace is triggered. I'm playing 0.2.
Patched today.
Now for the last comment, I'll quote this interesting analysis :

Very impressive. Lots of quality content considering you announced it just this August. Anyways, I have some questions and requests/suggestions for the game.

1. Are your going to keep your current donation system, or are you considering moving to patreon? I feel like you would get more exposure and donations that way.
2. At the end of the current version, you need to choose between becoming a guardian or a deviant. What type of impact will this have on the rest of the game? Will it vastly effect the story, or just some combat differences? I usually don’t like it when a story makes you decide between two very different paths right in the middle, so I would suggest keeping the differences to a minimum.
3. In Sylia’s bedroom there is a closet which we interact with once to change clothes for her “date”. Will there be some cloths we can change into that isn’t tied to an event?
4. Will there be prostitution in the future?
5. Currently Sylia can get “tamed” by people and monsters. Would you consider expanding this so you can see her “relationship” with various people and monster, where she can either feel submissive to them or romantically attracted, basically adding a minor dating sim side game you can play with various NPC.
6. Right now the game is centered around Sylia’s home village. Will it remain this way, or will we at some point head to the capital and have a new “home base”.
7. Will the upcoming chapters follow the same general format? You have a main quest line, and some side quests you can do, which are unlocked depending on your progression in the main storyline. I think adding a bit more sandbox features would be nice, perhaps some that would even effect the main story a bit. An example scenario I have thought of:
a. Sylia is captured by some bandits. Instead of a GOR, she is taken to a slave market and sold. There you must figure out how to escape, which you eventually do. However she now has slave tattoos and piercings, and needs to figure out how to remove them, and what will happen if some villagers find out she is now a runaway slave? (sexy stuff) Also creates some problems when Sylia is a runaway slave in one part of the kingdom, and a guardian in the other.
8. Alright, so I know when you start a game you said that this game would never contain pregnancy, but would you pretty please consider it? I feel like this game is a good fit, whether it’s a story line feature that only happens once, or more sandbox. Perhaps take a poll and see what other people think?

Quite a bit I asked there, and I guess even if you like an idea I had, every new thing you add is more work, and you don’t want to become too ambitious or it will never be finished. Look forward to your response and other people’s ideas and reactions.
1. I won't go to Patreon, at least for now. I have a different approach with the donation system and it is working. It may not be very popular and I understand people could be afraid of this system. They are used to Patreon.
Still, I may be naive but I trust in people and I think they can donate once the content has been done and delivered (not a promise but a fact, it is shared with a good amount of content). If they're happy, they can donate something...that's all. I added a Bonus feature but people are giving me because they really enjoyed it until now...Not because they're expecting a great stuff they've still never seen. For now, Ill stick with this system and like I always said, I'm doing this for fun as a hobby.

2. I think you already have the answer if you played the game in both Pure and Deviant way. You may have seen the differences in dialogues and impact on the story (Loic, the Ogre behaviour and the way to reach your objectives).
The chapter 2 will start on this base with two different approachs and consequences. It won't be only a costume change and few lines of dialogues.
I want you to play the game at least twice...Of course, a hella lot of work is waiting for me ^_^

3. Clothes are tied to an event now. I understand it would be great to change at will but it would ask for a lot of work to do this. Being too ambitious and you are going on the hiatus path. So...I won't do it, at least in the next chapter.

4. Lust is capped to lv3 in chapter 1...What could be a lv4 and 5 ? :p

5. It is an idea I have in mind for Chapter 2. I can't tell you right now but it is the way I'd like to develop Sylia's adventures so...

6. I can't tell too much but I didn't choose the Kingdom of Leridia as an Island by mere chance. Starting small...expanding.

7. The reponse 6 is a part of the answer. Expanding may lead to new horizons.

8. I'm really not into pregnancy (at least in h-scenes) so I if create scenes with that in mind it won't be hot and you won't have fun because you will feel it was a bit artificial. Pregnancy as a theme for the story could be imagined.

Every suggestion is welcome. Creating new things need some work.
Fact is today, I've done a lot of work and I know where the game is going.
It is on a good way, I think I am on the halfway through the project.
Your support is more than precious for me.

Stay tuned on the blog.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I like your answers, it shows you know where to go with this project.

Congrats on reaching 500$ too! Halfway there.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm curious how long did it took you to reach this point of the game? When did you started developing it?
And what are you using for the 3D graphics? I must admit, I wasn't a fan at first. But it definitely grew on me. Kind of unique, cute style.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm curious how long did it took you to reach this point of the game? When did you started developing it?
And what are you using for the 3D graphics? I must admit, I wasn't a fan at first. But it definitely grew on me. Kind of unique, cute style.
The project grew in my mind in january 2016.
I guess I bought rpg maker MV in late january. I tested the software one month to get used to it and began to write a bit of story.
The very first map was the mayor garden, starting small :)
The first release in august was a result of six months of work.
I wanted to do something very small at the beginning and it kept expanding to the point of 0.2
I chose an island on purpose to have limits. I know if you choose a continent, you may burn easily because of the amount of work.

The 3d is from Illusion Studio Poser Playclub. Easy to learn but more difficult to make specific poses. Poses (and h-scenes) are the things that take most of the time with bug chase.

Speaking of bugs, please, report any technical issues you had as I'm making the 0.2.2 version with technical fixes.

Note : Sylia, the Ljack and the Kingdom of Leridia already existed in a short visual novel using Tyrano Builder one year ago. (unfinished because I moved to rpg maker and changed a lot of things as Sylia was a Princess)

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

realy a good game, i realy apreciated playing it ^^

just one point, Benny... ^^ i personaly think that his caractere dont go realy with his action
while i can understand why the wanderer just get us at night when we see him (he is dont know in town, we can kill him, etc...)

that not realy understandable for benny :x, you make him a stupid jerk, he make us his slut, we cant kill him... but... even if he his a big jerk... he didn't abuse his power lol, that (for me) not realy logic :p
why he alway wait the night to go on us ? while to him we are his slut that he can fuck anytime ? like "your my slut, but i will be nice and dont bother you" that not realy in his caractere i thinks ^^, why dont he grab us in a corner on day time ? why dont he come in your house time to time just to empty his ball ?
i realy thinks that pnj need a little more =), we dont realy get the felling that we are "his slut"

or maybe that just me who thinks that XD

anyway, that a great game, continu like that :D

Speaking of bugs, please, report any technical issues you had as I'm making the 0.2.2 version with technical fixes.
i just see one, the onsen, you can go in the onsen 1 time a day, but, any event that make you sleep the night, didn't update the onsen flag

like you onsen, you dance, the dance send you to sleep, the next day you cant onsen, that like that for all event that make you pass the day ^^
to reactivate the onsen, you alway need to "sleep" in your bed manualy

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

that not realy understandable for benny :x, you make him a stupid jerk, he make us his slut, we cant kill him... but... even if he his a big jerk... he didn't abuse his power lol, that (for me) not realy logic :p
why he alway wait the night to go on us ? while to him we are his slut that he can fuck anytime ? like "your my slut, but i will be nice and dont bother you" that not realy in his caractere i thinks ^^, why dont he grab us in a corner on day time ? why dont he come in your house time to time just to empty his ball ?
i realy thinks that pnj need a little more =), we dont realy get the felling that we are "his slut"
Well in my opinion, from what we've seen at the start of the game, Benny is pretty stupid.

But he also might be a coward, (which he probably is) and might be afraid that if he just forces himself on Sylia in the middle of the day she might just cry out for help.

She is an important person and if they see him raping her it will probably end bad for him

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well in my opinion, from what we've seen at the start of the game, Benny is pretty stupid.

But he also might be a coward, (which he probably is) and might be afraid that if he just forces himself on Sylia in the middle of the day she might just cry out for help.

She is an important person and if they see him raping her it will probably end bad for him
mmm yeah and now, he is stupid that sure, a follower that sure, a coward i'm less sure

that not the impression he give when he talk to us

originaly he didn't raped us, he asked us a fuck and WE accepted, a coward dont ask for a fuck directly like that, even as a joke XD (not when he is alone in any case)
and it's after that that he start to threaten us on spreading rumor to keep fucking us, and even that i'm not sure that a rape XD... she is disgusted.. but she clearly say that she need a cock (i thinks she is more disgusted by herslef to have fall so low than by benny himself =), we even keep going to him even after he spread rumor because we missed a rdz vous)

and like you say, he is stupid XD... so why he dont make anything stupid XD...

i realy thinks that npc need a little *more*
after that just my point :D, it's just benny let me hungry

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I agree. It's a small village and Sylia is the guardian after all, he can't start abusing her left and right.
Always hated it when in those game the shy nerdy guy suddenly becomes en evil mastermind. One day he's a virgin and the next he's coming with the most elaborate blackmail and abuse plans in the world.

Tho' I see Libellule's point. There was some conflict with that character. But I'm just giving it to the guy being one person when there are people around and acting differently in the barn at night.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A bit of Benny :

Benny is just a retarded dumb guy with two goals in his life :

- Eating, eating and eating
- Having fun with some kind of fetishes related to dancing girls

He's not a "bad" guy he's just stupid. He's turned on by Sylia when she's wearing her dancing clothes...Otherwise, the guy is attracted but the idea of fuckin' her during the day doesn't even come to his mind.

Benny is always stick to his brother that he admires (look at his reaction when his bro is leaving at the end, he looks like abandoned...An evil guy wouldn't act like that). In the game, he just crosses Sylia during the day in the village but he's more interested in eating and doing some stuff with his bro.
The night, he spends his time at the tavern eating again...When Sylia dances, he can be excited and he wants to play with his new toy (who can turn lewd enough to play his game)

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Leridia

Time to update my review, great work, you're amazing, Maelion.

Positive :
+ Interesting plot, i really want to know more (which is not really common, let's be honest ;-) )
+ Various quests and sides quest (i can't help it, i usually prefer side quests than the main quest which gets you closer to the end ^^ )
+ Good battle system
+ Mapping is really good looking and it's not a copy/paste of the same city we can see in most MV games
+ i like the day / evening / night alternating
+ Nice H scenes
+ A lot of H content
+ Pentagrams, great idea, quite unique
+ Upgrading skills, not unique but quite unusual (and welcome )
+ The story really doesn't disappoint, it's really great
+ Fighting pace is faster (it could be a little faste for my taste but it's better, thanks for hearing us )
+ Narrow passages are no more in the new areas (and less monsters in the "old ones" )
+ Puzzles in the last demo area
+ Story branching with repercussions on H-scenes and scenario

Neutral :
- I'm not a big fan of the main character, still, it slowly grew on me.

Negative :
- It's not over yet, my last save shows only 9+ hours ...
Just kidding, great work, thanks :D

Overall :
It's really great, it's now in my top 5 of most wanted in progress English H RPG.

Last edited:

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice update! :) I would only add hide text thing (i think it doesn't exist but if does, sorry, i probably mixed games :D ) and a walkthrough or list of scenes at least.
Keep up the good work ;)

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I did a quick scan of the thread and I may have a bug that hasn't been discussed yet. I noticed that during the guardian trials, you become unable to save and when you encounter that error, the game actually deletes the save file. Changing maps allows you to save again and solves this problem and it seems to only appear in the forest map.

nymphe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I did a quick scan of the thread and I may have a bug that hasn't been discussed yet. I noticed that during the guardian trials, you become unable to save and when you encounter that error, the game actually deletes the save file. Changing maps allows you to save again and solves this problem and it seems to only appear in the forest map.

The bug was identified and I think it was corrected in the update after 0.2 was out. If not, there will be another small update with bug fix so it will be ok. You can check the blog to see more details about that and the next things Maelion want to add in the game ;)

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just figured I'd come here an say yours is one of my favourite western H-games. An I hate most of them, so consider it an honour (or don't). An that you should seriously just consider doing a patreon campaign. An simply do it the cool cat way. Where you only charge per major update instead of on a monthly basis.

What harm could it do, you won't be taking people for a ride. An if you consider 1/2 hours of extra content a major update. I seriously doubt people could ever complain. I don't see the need to be so steadfast against it. Don't get me wrong I respect for you that making a great game comes first. An trust me that definitely shows.

But honestly that's why you should do a patreon per major update. An only charge when you think it's well earned. Hell even run a poll before taking a pledge on your patreon if you're that concerned. Honestly, you're only holding your own success back with your humble nature.

I'm that type of guy as well. An honestly, when people say nice guys finish last... That's because they often do.

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The bug was identified and I think it was corrected in the update after 0.2 was out. If not, there will be another small update with bug fix so it will be ok. You can check the blog to see more details about that and the next things Maelion want to add in the game ;)
I was playing 0.2 and I saw that there was no mention about it after the bug fix.

OP
Maelion77

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The save bug error will be patched in 0.2.2 in a few days.
It has been already said but if you want hot news, check my blog.

Now for Patreon, you're not the first person who say I should move there.
Fact is that I decided to create my own donation campaign on my blog. I'm a bit afraid of the patreon thing because I've seen people being rude with that system with developers. Maybe because they were disappointed about the content or disappointed because there were no new content after some long time.

What's the strong point of Patreon ? People trust more in that system ? People have afraid of another way to donate ?
If people want to donate, they're free to do it and they're already did it on my blog...I don't see any real difference but I may be wrong.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Patreon makes it easier to give people "rewards" for putting in money towards your cause. It really depends on whether or not you're giving people stuff after they donate to you. Could be exclusive pics or higher resolution pics or something like that. For example instead of making that thing with the Cat's name - where whoever found it you gave an exclusive pic to - public, you could have given it only to people who donated to you. Or early access to new updates.

The thing about patreon is, you have two choices. Either make it so people pledge and you receive the pledges every month, or only receive them when you release a big update to your game. (something like 0.3 for example)

Considering you said you don't want people to expect fast content, the first one isn't the best for you.

The second isn't much different than the donation system you have. The difference being that with the system you have, you get the donations/pledges right now, instead of having to wait until after you release a big update.

I'd suggest putting the link to your support page in your sig as well.

Last edited: