What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Hi guys and gals,

i have problems reinstalling translation aggregator and agth. Everytime i try to use it, either the text hook doesnt work (no text at all is hooked) or i get messages like "translation.ddl missing" or the game just crashes. I have read several guides on how to use it on hongfire and other sites, none had my problems. any ideas someone?

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Uh, guys, so until last night, my rpgmaker games works just fine, but this morning, when I tried to play it with agth, it always displayed rgss3 player has stopped working.

The strange thing is, if I opened the game without agth, it works just fine.

Any idea? Btw, I used Windows 10.

Last edited:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Uh, guys, so until last night, my rpgmaker games works just fine, but this morning, when I tried to play it with agth, it always displayed rgss3 player has stopped working.

The strange thing is, if I opened the game without agth, it works just fine.

Any idea? Btw, I used Windows 10.
It has something to do with a Windows 10 Update.
Until it's fixed, use ITH instead of AGTH.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It has something to do with a Windows 10 Update.
Until it's fixed, use ITH instead of AGTH.
and since i tried that i found out that ith needs a win 10 fix aswell.

you can find it here

and a guide here :D

in other news:

WINDOWS 10 SUCKS ASS

Last edited:

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

and since i tried that i found out that ith needs a win 10 fix aswell.

you can find it here

and a guide here :D

in other news:

WINDOWS 10 SUCKS ASS
erm, the fix at the mediafire's already blocked though...

Any other option?

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

erm, the fix at the mediafire's already blocked though...

Any other option?
copy the link instead of clicking it. mediafire blocks it if you just click it.

dtta

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i use vnr + translation aggregator and since afew days it doesnt translate rpg maker games anymore.... it does translate normal VN games like always but TA suddenly doesnt copy the text anymore on rpg maker games but it did a few days ago and i got no idea and i did install the latest version of TA and i did update VNR jsut to be sure, help ? ith doesnt work for me at all since i upgraded to w10 but vnr and ta was fine for me until now

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i use vnr + translation aggregator and since afew days it doesnt translate rpg maker games anymore.... it does translate normal VN games like always but TA suddenly doesnt copy the text anymore on rpg maker games but it did a few days ago and i got no idea and i did install the latest version of TA and i did update VNR jsut to be sure, help ? ith doesnt work for me at all since i upgraded to w10 but vnr and ta was fine for me until now
You should use if you are going with TA.
As for possible reasons why it doesn't work.
It could be that it uses the embedded hooks so disable embedding in preference.
Another is that you somewhat rest your setting and don't have the capture to clipboard anymore. Check the Options in the hovering side panel and see if the options Text to Clipboard is on.

In general look at Menu -> Text Settings to see what you captured. Another thing is that the shared dictionary might screw things up so try disabling that.

dtta

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You should use if you are going with TA.
As for possible reasons why it doesn't work.
It could be that it uses the embedded hooks so disable embedding in preference.
Another is that you somewhat rest your setting and don't have the capture to clipboard anymore. Check the Options in the hovering side panel and see if the options Text to Clipboard is on.

In general look at Menu -> Text Settings to see what you captured. Another thing is that the shared dictionary might screw things up so try disabling that.
thanks i will try it out later when i got time

Ryuzaky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi why game with Srpg Studio do not start? I have w10 Game do not start but exe is in background help plz tank u in advance.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hi why game with Srpg Studio do not start? I have w10 Game do not start but exe is in background help plz tank u in advance.
I never touched srpg studio or game made with it but:
Is it a japanese game? If yes, do you have jap language and applocale installed? If no, look into my signature.

You can also try right clicking on .exe -> proprieties -> compatibility
and then trying compatibility mode for Win 8/7/etc and/or running with reduced color mode or lower res + other option in this tab.

Honestly, there wasn't enough information from you so I am just dropping standard stuff that I do when something isn't working for me.

Also, please, don't tank anybody (sorry, I couldn't resist xD)

brownwolf13

Reputation score

So I've been having a pretty difficult time trying to get scalegarden games to work, specifically Rhode Fortress and Breath of Iron and Fire.

Initially when I ran them, no test would appear at all, so I tried installing the rtp files that daede mentioned in this post near the bottom:
ulmf(.)org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28316&page=3

That didn't seem to work, so i tried reinstalling the rtp mentioned by twisted in the post near the top:
ulmf(.)org/bbs/showthread.php?t=23767&page=45

That also did not help. After reading further I tried to edit the dll like Bryanis mentioned here:
www(.)ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=23767&page=46

This is actually the first sign of progress I found. I am now getting english text, but I am getting boxes in between some of the text, and in certain instances all I'm getting is lines of "......." and boxes with words here and there like in the attached screenshot.

I have my region set to japan, and am using app locale to open my games, but I just cant seem to get this to work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So I've been having a pretty difficult time trying to get scalegarden games to work, specifically Rhode Fortress and Breath of Iron and Fire.

Initially when I ran them, no test would appear at all, so I tried installing the rtp files that daede mentioned in this post near the bottom:
ulmf(.)org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28316&page=3

That didn't seem to work, so i tried reinstalling the rtp mentioned by twisted in the post near the top:
ulmf(.)org/bbs/showthread.php?t=23767&page=45

That also did not help. After reading further I tried to edit the dll like Bryanis mentioned here:
www(.)ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=23767&page=46

This is actually the first sign of progress I found. I am now getting english text, but I am getting boxes in between some of the text, and in certain instances all I'm getting is lines of "......." and boxes with words here and there like in the attached screenshot.

I have my region set to japan, and am using app locale to open my games, but I just cant seem to get this to work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
If you set your local setting to japanese, you don't have to run applocale.
Applocale emulate the regional setting, but don't work all that well. In fact, it don't work with Scalegarden game.
The text full of square is a sign of that fact.
If you're with japanese local setting, just run the game without using applocale. If the problem stay, you may have mixed the english and japanese dll.

Full english text with square in it, is what I got playing the game translated with the english dll on non japanese local setting. using local emulator allow me to have full text without square (instead, there a few unstranlated jap word, name, which are stored in the save and dating from before the translation).
So playing on japanese local should solve the problem - else try either NTLEA or local emulator (I'll recommand the later).

Last edited:

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The same two things are needed for most Jap games, Language to be set to Japanese, and non-unicode settings being set for Japanese.

There's a third thing that can matter (although I don't think it does with SG stuff), and that would be changing the date/time/money format to Japanese as well (if that's needed you'll be getting odd stuff for text and not the nice basic rectangles).

raycuazafan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Greetings everyone, I have this flash game named succubus shelly or something like that, the problem is that once I start the game the audio always is way ahead of the actual events, someone knows how to fix it?

Ryuzaky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

help me plz i have problem with game based on srpg when i open the file .exe the game don't start. how can fix it tnks in advance. ( tried with local emulator and change manually lenguage but nothing dont still working)

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

help me plz i have problem with game based on srpg when i open the file .exe the game don't start. how can fix it tnks in advance. ( tried with local emulator and change manually lenguage but nothing dont still working)
That's REEEAAAAALLLYYYY vague. You need to give us more details than "I tried to open a game and it didn't work". I'm assuming you mean Strategy RPG when you say sprg unless there's a program I haven't heard about. What game was it? Do you have windows 10 or 7? No one can help you if we don't know what the actual problem is.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

SRPG is a software like rpgmaker to make S-RPG (or T-RPG) like fire emblem.
( )

It's really don't like non japanese unicode local setting.
So if the game crash at start, try switching to japanese local setting.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

SRPG is a software like rpgmaker to make S-RPG (or T-RPG) like fire emblem.
( )

It's really don't like non japanese unicode local setting.
So if the game crash at start, try switching to japanese local setting.
Oh okay fair enough. I looked a page back and it seems that Ryuzaky had the same problem and was told the same thing that you said. So I'm assuming that something went wrong while trying to change the locale? Otherwise I can't think of anything.

Ryuzaky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's REEEAAAAALLLYYYY vague. You need to give us more details than "I tried to open a game and it didn't work". I'm assuming you mean Strategy RPG when you say sprg unless there's a program I haven't heard about. What game was it? Do you have windows 10 or 7? No one can help you if we don't know what the actual problem is.
example of game "we are bandits" when i click on the .exe the game dont start i have w10 and i tried setting unicode in jap and i tried with local emulator, the game didnt start but on task manager is in porcessing