What's new

'The Beginning' by Hershey Highway Hentai

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The Beginning

'The Beginning' is a shoot'em up / platformer being made by myself and two others at Hershey Highway Hentai.
'The Beginning' is based on a science fiction / thriller story written by Mr. Kechtum.

Player Sprite

Genre:
Action, Sci-fi, Thriller

Primary Design Elements:
Mission Driven, Shot'em up, Side Scrolling, Platform, Retro, Realism

Hentai Elements:
Fight and rape, Ryona, Alien Sex, Tentacles, Anal, Impregnation, Birthing

ETA:
Postponed until Midnight Savior (a different game) is finished.

You can read more about the game .

If you have any questions feel free to post them or email us at the address listed on the blog.

Thanx,
Hershey Highway Hentai

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: my first hentai game...

VG making has turned out to be less complicated than I thought.

And making an H game is fun and challenging...but not for those who are easily frustrated or quit after a few failures.

The game is based on three sprites (monsters) that the player can choose from.

The game revolves around the player chasing and raping women while being attacked by other women with swords, magic, guns, and rocket launchers.

Check out my first sprite for the player.

h''p://hersheyhighwayhentaiprojects.blogspot.com/

I bought my own domain " h''p://hersheyhighwayhentai.com "
I will setup it up tomorrow.
go post generically positive feedback until you can post links :)

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What software do you use to make your drawings?

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well before you have any detail put into your sprites you should make sure the silhouette is strong enough to house the correct proportions and details .If it's done correctly it's smooth sailing to finish it because you never have to deal with your edges and placement.

After you get the simple shape or outline
of everything the sprite then can be honed and the first stages of detail can be added, usually you can visualize the placement of everything beforehand but you could use a darker or lighter color as guides of placement of things inside the silhouette
anyways these are just some quick examples but all it takes is the simple shape to be wrong just slightly and it can throw it all off.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i wouldnt say ive done well with my games, my best selling game only sold
374 copies and it made under £1000 for a game that took 3 months to make...
and even that thread only has 52k hits

by comparison, kyrie and pixelfactory seems the only successful devs...making over £30k with their games

(posting here cause the other thread has seemingly vanished)

OP
thoughtmachine

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i wouldnt say ive done well with my games, my best selling game only sold 374 copies and it made under £1000 for a game that took 3 months to make...and even that thread only has 52k hits

by comparison, kyrie and pixelfactory seems the only successful devs...making over £30k with their games

(posting here cause the other thread has seemingly vanished)
Yeah, I killed it :(
Some ppl can't handle the idea of other people disagreeing with them when they give free advice.

From now on I will be posting all of our works for The Beginning in this post.

Many elements are required to make a game successful.
Art is just one of them.
Some artists forget that fact and focus solely on their art thinking that the art will carry their game.
Kyrie and pixel factory make games that have a good mix of solid game play/controls and retro art/animation.

I would add that a great story that intertwines with the game play and art is also a very important element.

Last edited:

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Keep up the good work bro.

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Its really difficult to put gradient color into a basic color object and make it works. Its better to stick with one atyle or another.

OP
thoughtmachine

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its really difficult to put gradient color into a basic color object and make it works. Its better to stick with one atyle or another.
Yes, it was difficult.

But as the gradient is already finished, we are not going to change it. We spent three hours on it. Aside form that, Mr Kechtum is animating the gradient. The illumination will split and travel horizontally across both sides of the bottom surface of the craft and then return to the center.

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Some of those background pieces look pretty interesting, though you might want to use some spoiler tags maybe?

OP
thoughtmachine

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: 'The Beginning' by Hershey Highway Hentai

Earlier this morning, Code Man added six lines of code that is going to make the amount of time spent and images used to make The Beginning much shorter.

Think about it...

Every animation requires a given number of sprites....

With the position, angle, and recoil of each weapon (m16, browning 9mm, the flame thrower, the shotgun, the knife, the grenade launcher...and so on) you have to walk, run, jump, squat, be dead, and many other animations.

Imagine if you could reduce the number of sprites needed to a much smaller amount......that is what we just did.

Instead of 400+ sprites (for each playable character) in the game we are now using roughly 40 sprites for each....

Last edited:
OP
thoughtmachine

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

UPDATE:
We need some feedback

We have made changes to the player's sprite.

However, we are not happy with his face and we still feel uncertain about his overall appearance.

OP
thoughtmachine

thoughtmachine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A look at the busts for our npc 'victim' sprites

Last edited: