What's new

Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker MV Game

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello everyone,

This is Dede Kusto! I am making a game called "Gates; The Opening"... just like the billion of other people around patreon and I wanted to share it with you. ^.^

But well, I can't share a link because I'm a newbie so you can just search it with the keywords; "dedekusto","patreon" and reach to a download link of the games V.0.03.

Yes, I named it "The Opening" because I'm expecting it to be the start of a very long series. The first game will conclude in 9 days (game time) and after the 9 days, you will play the ending that you have shaped with your prior choices. So the complete game will be 9 days plus the endings. The story will take place in a town called "Gates City" in the modern day.

The protagonist is a 25 years old male character whose name is Sam Adams. He will start working as a literature teacher at the Gates High School right after the intro of the game. You can also work as a part-time waiter in a local medieval themed inn.

There will be 3 main endings and all the endings will have their unique locations and story lines. Besides to the main endings, there will be quite a bunch of side endings. These endings can happen from day 1 to day 8 and all of them are story related.

An in-game map.

Some of the characters from the story.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker MV Game

I've really enjoyed what I've played of this game so far. You've managed to make all the girls likeable and hot (Kari is the one I care least about but I still like her) and aside from Sam being somewhat of a creepazoid the writing is pretty good.

I would advise you to give players a very clear fast-forward option though. You have a lot of dialogue that leads into choices that leads into dialogue that leads into more choices. It's a pain to explore branching paths when going through the dialogue is slow.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You probably know it but pressing/holding the "w" key might help a little about skipping dialogue. But with the new build, I'll also work on something that will help players to jump between days and trigger events by just answering some questions about them.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Dede Kusto.

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, thanks! Much appreciated :)

Dede Kusto.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hi,

I played your demo and it's really good.

Painful part :
- Despite of the subway, traveling is quite a pain
- Finding the right location is a pain too, specially the shops
- Sounds like there is too many maps available
- Maps are too big

Extremely good part :
- NPC are cute, very well made, some of the best ones out there
- H-Scenes are definitely the best ones i experienced (i tried some of the top H-games from common knowledge )

Despite of the huge maps which makes traveling a real pain and the difficulty to find some locations or remember where to find something, the game is really good, even extremely good, specially because of your H-Scenes and characters.

Really, if you combined your efforts with a gameplay & mapping expert, you could easily make the best english H-Game out there.

Good work, i can't wait to play next versions.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi,

I played your demo and it's really good.

Painful part :
- Despite of the subway, traveling is quite a pain
- Finding the right location is a pain too, specially the shops
- Sounds like there is too many maps available
- Maps are too big

Extremely good part :
- NPC are cute, very well made, some of the best ones out there
- H-Scenes are definitely the best ones i experienced (i tried some of the top H-games from common knowledge )

Despite of the huge maps which makes traveling a real pain and the difficulty to find some locations or remember where to find something, the game is really good, even extremely good, specially because of your H-Scenes and characters.

Really, if you combined your efforts with a gameplay & mapping expert, you could easily make the best english H-Game out there.

Good work, i can't wait to play next versions.
Yes, I must accept that I made a "big" mistake with the maps. I will try to solve this thing by creating more fast travel options for now. Actually, I've placed some cabs around and if you click on them they can take you to certain places. But I will also add some bus stops too to do the job. I might also consider disabling some of the maps that don't have a use for now.

I also added a map but I guess, you didn't find it useful for locating places. I can redesign it and make it clearer by using icons instead of maps screenshots.

Tbh, when I first started this project I was just planning to contribute as a writer but after a couple of months, I found myself all alone with the script. So I decided to learn the other things by myself and... here is the result :D

Thank you very much by the way! The story will get more interesting with every build.

Dede Kusto.

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So i played it a bit. 1 of the better games i played.

- Graphics are great
- interesting characters
- Lots of choices
- Good pacing with the events meaning the events have a natural flow
- The writing is good and actually make sense, in contrary to some other
rpgmaker games where the lack of logic sentences are a big downside
- humor is always a plus

Well some of the downsides like finding certain stuff have already been mentioned, although i can completely get over those since the rest is good quality.

i ran into a problem tho. The game hangs when trying to load a certain soundfile.

- Happens When entering the church
- and when loading the 1st savegame and selecting the 2nd option.

The file seems to be in the directory, but maybe slightly different name?, couldn't really make out the correct name because of all the % in the error message. Anyone else had this problem?

I played the 0.03 version download from the patreon page

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great game so far! :)Strong and cute characters and a quite original adult story. :D And very funny situations - I had to laugh loudly several times - great if an artist takes himself and the genre not quite so serious. ;)

But yes, the city could have been a little bit smaller and you can easily miss some of the (later important) elemental character scenes.

---

@Dede Kusto: Do the girls somehow represent the seven deadly sins? :rolleyes: Lilia [Lust], Ulya [Sloth], Kari [Gluttony], Matilda [Greed] and Helena [Pride]?

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i ran into a problem tho. The game hangs when trying to load a certain soundfile.

- Happens When entering the church
- and when loading the 1st savegame and selecting the 2nd option.

The file seems to be in the directory, but maybe slightly different name?, couldn't really make out the correct name because of all the % in the error message. Anyone else had this problem?

I played the 0.03 version download from the patreon page
"Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus" This should be the sound effect that you are mentioning. It's working fine with me, might got corrupted while downloading it.

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words.

Dede Kusto.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Dede Kusto: Do the girls somehow represent the seven deadly sins? :rolleyes: Lilia [Lust], Ulya [Sloth], Kari [Gluttony], Matilda [Greed] and Helena [Pride]?
Yes, sir :)

But there are some mismatches. You will figure those soon enough but some may take more time to determine. Like I mentioned in my post the first game will be over in 9 days but the story will continue and it contains good number of twists :)

Thank you!
Dede Kusto.

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sweet! :cool:

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello,

Version 0.05 is out and Version 0.04 is available to the public.Links are on my patreon page. (patreon/dedekusto)

Version 0.04
You will have 10 new events;
2 new events with Ulya
2 new events with Lilia
2 new events with Mary
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Madison
1 new event with Kari
1 new event with Ms. Hellinsworth (The Librarian)

You will have the Day 3's first part. (08.00-16.00)

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi,
Version 0.06 is out and 0.05 is now the new public build.

Changelog (Version 0.06)
1 new event with Eva Angelina (Nurse)
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Lilia
1 new event with Kari
2 new events with Mary Goodman (Secretary)
1 new event with Aura (Prostitute)
1 new event with Grace Hellinsworth (Librarian) Her event will differ according to your previous choice.
1 new event with Hayley (Swimmer)

Happy Belated Christmas & New Years :)

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice new version. Downloading :)

Kinda surprising this game doesn't seem to get much attention over here, since this is one of the best I played so far (meaning rpgmaker type game with 3d graphics)

I see more posts in games which are grindy and have bad English combined with even more predictable scenario's. Anyway keep of the good work, really like it.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice new version. Downloading :)

Kinda surprising this game doesn't seem to get much attention over here, since this is one of the best I played so far (meaning rpgmaker type game with 3d graphics)

I see more posts in games which are grindy and have bad English combined with even more predictable scenario's. Anyway keep of the good work, really like it.
Thank you once again. I hope you will enjoy :)

I think the "success" of these games mostly depends on the fetishes. I mean if you have some of the popular ones in your game like; incest, blackmail, rape or so it starts getting attention. That's just my personal observation. Might be wrong.

LemuresXL

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Absolutely one of the best adult games on Patreon. Good story with each girl and the system of good morales or bad morales, some girls have romance, some are just hos... Each girl can really hit a different spot for people.

Great work.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Absolutely one of the best adult games on Patreon. Good story with each girl and the system of good morales or bad morales, some girls have romance, some are just hos... Each girl can really hit a different spot for people.

Great work.
Thank you very much!

I recently released a new build by the way. :)

GtO Version 0.07 is out and version 0.06 is available to the public.

Changelog (Version 0.07)
2new events with Matilda.

1 new event with Ulya.

1 new event with Ashley.

1 new event with ( Cassandra+Maid)

1 new event with (Chris+Mario+Cathrine)

LemuresXL

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

0.09 is out now. It's quite good, 3 scenes for high morality and 3 for low.

OP
D

Dede Kusto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, man!

Here is the events list by he way :)

Changelog

6 new events including characters:

Eva (Nurse)
Ashley (Barista)