What's new

RPG [ level1] [ レベル1] Ghost Building of Illusions / 幻影のゴーストビル (RE186178) (RJ186178)

iDarkEden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: 幻影のゴーストビル

ugh anyone else encountered problem where you can't turn on the flashlight even though you have batteries? Mine glitched when flashlight reached 0% without anymore spare batteries then when I found some, it wouldn't let me turn on flashlight. I'm already past the 2nd boss.

Also, can anyone translate what's in the settings?
Thanks

Reputation score

Having the same issue with this game installing as I had with their last one, gets to the part where it's just about finished, error message of some sort happens (attached image), and it aborts the installation.

Naturally, I can't read what it's telling me, but I'm on Windows 7, running as an admin, and I even disabled Data Execution Prevention for the fucking thing, all to the same result.

If anyone would be so kind as to translate the error, or, barring that, just tell me what to do to get it to work, I would be grateful.

Attachments

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No idea why so many of you are complaining about technical problems. I finished the game on a windows 10 machine which is in general even more difficult to configure for Japanese language games.

Things to note:

1. Unicode must be set to Japanese. If you're too lazy/unwilling to do so, use something like Locale Emulator or the like to configure the machine to something equivalent.

2. Time and date must be in Japanese format.

3. Might as well throw in Region as well (set to Japan)

4. Once the above three are done, make sure the system in question has Microsoft .net framework at version 4.5. The game will automatically try to install it, but there's an issue with .net framework itself when an older version is on a system and something in the registry/system prevents this from being updated properly.

5. For those struggling with 4, google ".net framework clean uninstall" and pick up one of the tools available. Run that (will need a system restart once or twice) and then try installing the game again. This time the .net framework will install on a clean system and the game should be functional.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If anyone would be so kind as to translate the error, or, barring that, just tell me what to do to get it to work, I would be grateful.
Google-fu says:

"Illusion of ghost building

There are problems with this Windows Installer package.
Program to be executed as part of the setup did not complete correctly.
Please contact your support personnel or package of Pender."

Don't know if that is any help, though.

Try the things that Harleyquin13 above suggested.

Reputation score

No idea why so many of you are complaining about technical problems.
If I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't need to be complaining about my own.

Anyway, steps 1-3 were already covered, I keep my system in Japanese everything for eventualities such as this. Uninstalled .net 4.5.2, ran the cleanup tool, removed everything .net related, installed 4.6.2, ran the game installer and let it install 4.5...and nothing. Same exact result, gets to the point where it's tossing shortcuts wherever, that damned fucking error message pops up, and back to square one.

I appreciate the help you've given so far, is there anything else you, or anyone for that matter, can think of?

EDIT:
Google-fu says:

"Illusion of ghost building

There are problems with this Windows Installer package.
Program to be executed as part of the setup did not complete correctly.
Please contact your support personnel or package of Pender."

Don't know if that is any help, though.
Not...really, no. Sounds like an unhelpfully generic error message that doesn't actually say what the problem is. The idiot light of error messages, basically.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't need to be complaining about my own.

Anyway, steps 1-3 were already covered, I keep my system in Japanese everything for eventualities such as this. Uninstalled .net 4.5.2, ran the cleanup tool, removed everything .net related, installed 4.6.2, ran the game installer and let it install 4.5...and nothing.

Why did you install 4.6.2 rather than let the game do it for you? My system didn't have the .net framework to begin with so I let it install as it requested. Went through the rest of the installation process without a hitch.

Run the cleanup tool again and let the game do the installation. If you need the latest .net framework for some other reason, update it after the game has been installed.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Title Translation: The Phantasmal Ghost Building
Title Transliteration: Gen'ei no Goosuto Biru

Reputation score

Why did you install 4.6.2 rather than let the game do it for you?
Not actually sure. Ran the uninstaller again, restarted computer, installed game, good news and bad news.

Bad news: it didn't work. Good news: it's for entirely different reasons, as .net 4.5 won't install and throws up the attached error message. First one is the error, second one is the window that shows up after clicking the D(etails?) button. Can't read it, of course, not sure how to copy/paste the text on a window; even if I did, I doubt I'd be able to make much sense out of whatever garbled nightmare Google would translate it as.

Any thoughts on this particular conundrum?

EDIT: As a fun little addendum, tried to manually install the 4.5 framework, no dice. Search the error code, help page suggests running the .net repair tool, run it, it has no fucking clue what's wrong with the install. Try to manually and let the game install it a couple more times, same error. Just about out of dogs in this fight.

EDIT2: Well, ran the 4.6 framework installer, actually removed 4.6 (old version of the uninstall tool?), tried to install the game again, actually managed to install 4.5 through the game, game fails to install at the same point as before, and tosses up the same tired old error message for shits, too. Back to square one, and still no clue what's going wrong. Also, how do I detach attachments? Those two are useless now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Last throw of the dice from me: what antivirus/firewall are you using?

Also, is your Windows copy genuine and validated (i.e. the CD-key has been sent to Microsoft).

The latter shouldn't be a problem to most, but it is for my older laptop which lost system data and had to be repaired with a different Windows to get it working as a stopgap. .net framework won't work on it because of this reason.

I've seen installation of .net framework fail because of an overly paranoid antivirus and firewall as well. Keep both disabled during the installation process (making sure everything else is set as per my recommendations). Prior to running the game, put the game executable in the whitelist for both the antivirus and the firewall.

Last and final possibility: download of the game went corrupt somewhere. Redownload (from a different source preferably) and try again from there.

Reputation score

Last throw of the dice from me: what antivirus/firewall are you using?
Wow. Sonofabitch, that was it. So used to things throwing messages at me when they do stuff, never considered Avast was acting on its own initiative and cock-blocking me. Disabled Avast for a bit and tried again, installed just fine this time.

I figured it was something stupidly simple I was overlooking, as per the usual. Thanks again for all your help.

EDIT: Shit, tried to give you rep for your efforts, can't yet until I find other worthy posts to spread the love to.

Might take a while.

Jacko

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
if anyone has the game can you give me the link.

Tenma

Reputation score
Story: Current OP ditto.

Gameplay: Coming into contact with an enemy will put you to turned based combat where you'll use items to fight them off. I'd highly recommend you dodge as many enemies as possible, the resources provided are finite, bosses can be difficult, and the enemies typically don't drop enough to be worth spending health or items on them. Other then that wander around the areas and go forwards, doing objectives to unlock the next section of the ghost building.

Controls: WASD on a isometric view or click to move.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Added your info to the OP. Normally it's a good idea to PM one of us with this kind of stuff as we do miss things once in a while.

baged

Reputation score
First of all, I want to say that going through this game to the end on your own is a waste of time because the hentai presented in this project is not worth 5-6 hours of banal mouse clicks. I would even say that this game is more similar to Dota or League of Legends, well, at least that's how it was with me, so you can play it with the keyboard. The main problem is the lack of translation into English, so the whole game is more of a guessing game. This game has a previous part, called BAD END HOSPITAL, and as for me it is the hentai component that is better. And so that people who want to see the best part of this one, I will leave a full save here. But I also recommend watching the hentai of the previous game. The path to the save "C: \ Users \ * YOURUSERNAME * \ Documents \ レ ベ ル 1 \ 幻影 の ゴ ー ス ト ビ ル \ savedata \"

Attachments

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Both these two games look great, wish they were voiced though.