What's new

RPG Maker HRPG Heaven X-Mas Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: HRPG Heaven X-Mas Gift

not sure what happened...but people are complaining about the website not being free?
People please...no one is obligated to translate anything if you're not paying them, we got a wonderful Christmas gift, what are you on about...just be thankful and let it go...
they chose to make their website like this for a reason, just accept it and help or...don't accept, but at least be decent enough to not create a commotion
we are all perverts(at least i am...lies i am a SUPER Pervert...still don't like lolicon and shota though...), we need to stay united, no infighting! XP
anyway what i really wanted to say was THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT! :cool:

Perverts FTW 07, AAA out!

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Are translator turf wars a thing, here, or something? People seem to feel pretty strongly about who is working with/for who.

On the subject of the games, what's up with the scene roster in Silver Sunrise? I thought I might've missed a few scenes, But there seems to be WAY more empty slots then there are bosses to lose to and villagers to put up with. Does this game have a branching story I haven't picked up on?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are translator turf wars a thing, here, or something? People seem to feel pretty strongly about who is working with/for who.

On the subject of the games, what's up with the scene roster in Silver Sunrise? I thought I might've missed a few scenes, But there seems to be WAY more empty slots then there are bosses to lose to and villagers to put up with. Does this game have a branching story I haven't picked up on?
I don't remember but I don't think so, it's just considerably smaller than other Peach Cat games, quality is lower too. Most likely their worst game but this is personal opinion and opinions are like asses.

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't remember but I don't think so, it's just considerably smaller than other Peach Cat games, quality is lower too. Most likely their worst game but this is personal opinion and opinions are like asses.
I meant that there's a ton of scenes that are still locked, to me, and I don't think there's nearly that many loseable fights or NPCs I could have missed. Is there more than one scene per trigger?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I meant that there's a ton of scenes that are still locked, to me, and I don't think there's nearly that many loseable fights or NPCs I could have missed. Is there more than one scene per trigger?
Peach Cat's games have a thing where some scenes either you know exactly how to get them or it's like getting hit by lightning... well, or you edit the game and see where they happen.

Some scenes require you to follow a very specific setup, have specific clothes and be on a specific square at the right time on the right day of the week on the right month of the year. (IE; the army chick one in his previous game, holy shit did I spend ages trying to find it...)

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Soooo... Are we gonna be expecting some more full translations this christmas?

Please Santa?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Soooo... Are we gonna be expecting some more full translations this christmas?

Please Santa?
I thought we would, I even had a list of games to share this season but Krysanto and rea_jak did a really good job at getting translators not wanting their stuff released here, I don't feel like re-reading this thread but if I correctly remember most of it, I don't blame them, they were literally told "don't come here, let others translate, we don't want your shit"... paraphrasing.

Ayame's Adventure demo will be public so, there's that!

Distortedjoe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I thought we would, I even had a list of games to share this season but Krysanto and rea_jak did a really good job at getting translators not wanting their stuff released here, I don't feel like re-reading this thread but if I correctly remember most of it, I don't blame them, they were literally told "don't come here, let others translate, we don't want your shit"... paraphrasing.

That's a real shame :(
But hey like you said, Ayame's is coming so it's not all bad!

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't even understand what exactly the problem is, but it sounds sad.

Last edited:

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A shame that santa cant give a few gifts :(:(:(. However even so thanks for the hard work and good luck with your game.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I know, it was kind of a tradition, but overall I just gotta stick to my friends and respect their wishes, it's not like they're doing this on a whim, shit really hit the fan last Christmas.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Too bad that some people ruined it for others.

Things always move on

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

Too bad that some people ruined it for others.

Things always move on
The real shame is that their arguments are bullshit.

"you feel like you are something special in your private forum"
and that leads him to
>>>>>>>>
"don't give us your free translations because other translators want to translate those games"

lol :)

no chance in hell anyone will touch those games.

Such a retarded argument.
Allthough some people can understand some of his logic because they indeed are a special closed community but hey.... why not take what you can get? Beggers can't be choosers.

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The real shame is that their arguments are bullshit.

"you feel like you are something special in your private forum"
and that leads him to
>>>>>>>>
"don't give us your free translations because other translators want to translate those games"

lol :)

no chance in hell anyone will touch those games.

Such a retarded argument.
Allthough some people can understand some of his logic because they indeed are a special closed community but hey.... why not take what you can get? Beggers can't be choosers.
wow, perhaps im strange to think that "if its free nothing else matters", so people "supposedly" care about who gives the gifts... and in the end they killed santa :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I suppose i should find them and make them feel for themselves how hot is the relationship between fire and gasoline muhuhahaha

spaminator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

lol this crap again. Its no coincidence that most of the people on here defending Starke have neg reps on here.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

lol this crap again. Its no coincidence that most of the people on here defending Starke have neg reps on here.
As an outside perspective, I'm not sure what happened but it sounds like a major bummer. They released three translated games for free last christmas and some of the other translators started complaining about it?

I feel like that can't be the whole story, because if it actually happened like that then those translators are being rather unreasonable.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As an outside perspective, I'm not sure what happened but it sounds like a major bummer. They released three translated games for free last christmas and some of the other translators started complaining about it?

I feel like that can't be the whole story, because if it actually happened like that then those translators are being rather unreasonable.
Well, I don't know the whole story, but before my time there was apparently a falling out between Starke and others on ULMF. The issues with this thread in particular is certain people's animosity that Starke created a forum of his own named, HRPG Heaven, and made it a private forum. One of the mechanisms to access the forum was a $50 donation. When this happened, some of the more active translators left ULMF and joined the new forum, which rankled people even more because they no longer had access to their translations.

Ultimately, it reeks a bit of entitlement to me. Anyone should be free to create a forum however they please. If they want to create one that has a paywall in front of it, more power to them. They cannot make it popular by themselves. Additionally, translating is a lot of work, and those translators should be free to upload their work however they see fit. They are not obligated to offer it free or upload it to ULMF.

The trolls can definitely ruin it for everyone, and I can vouch that many of the translators were pretty pissed about this thread last year when it devolved into a bashing Starke and HRPG Heaven, as though they should be obligated to allow everyone access to their forum. I know that most people were appreciative and most people on ULMF are awesome, but sometimes the vocal minority can ruin things for everyone.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know the whole tale either. I'm just saying some people can fuck it up.

I knew Starke, and personally I didn't even like him. Still invited me to his hentai community where I was for a while.

Then I got kicked for being inactive.

Still, people fuck shit up for other people.

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't possibly even attempt to fathom why people would defend someone who took the content that we enjoyed. And removed the moonrunes from it to give it back to us in a language that we could all understand. And did so without any money incentives... I didn't really know Starke at all but hey if you translate H games then you probably aren't an evil person.

Finfin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I don't know the whole story, but before my time there was apparently a falling out between Starke and others on ULMF. The issues with this thread in particular is certain people's animosity that Starke created a forum of his own named, HRPG Heaven, and made it a private forum. One of the mechanisms to access the forum was a $50 donation. When this happened, some of the more active translators left ULMF and joined the new forum, which rankled people even more because they no longer had access to their translations.

Ultimately, it reeks a bit of entitlement to me. Anyone should be free to create a forum however they please. If they want to create one that has a paywall in front of it, more power to them. They cannot make it popular by themselves. Additionally, translating is a lot of work, and those translators should be free to upload their work however they see fit. They are not obligated to offer it free or upload it to ULMF.

The trolls can definitely ruin it for everyone, and I can vouch that many of the translators were pretty pissed about this thread last year when it devolved into a bashing Starke and HRPG Heaven, as though they should be obligated to allow everyone access to their forum. I know that most people were appreciative and most people on ULMF are awesome, but sometimes the vocal minority can ruin things for everyone.
"Vocal minority" doesn't really describe it well. There were like 3 people on this entire thread who were actually complaining and there were much more vocal people who were defending Starke. Most people were just happy to take what they can get.

The complainers weren't exactly wrong though. What Starke is doing/did does "steal" translators, split the community, and decrease access to content. You can chalk it up to "entitlement" (and most of the complaints do indeed reek of entitlement) but they're still facts, facts that most people aren't exactly happy about even if they don't blame translators for doing what they're doing.

I don't don't sympathize too much with translators who complain about receiving too much requests, as it comes with the territory. You can ignore whatever you want, sure it might make you look like an ass to those who don't understand (as is the case with celebrities ignoring fans) but this should be expected if you know your work is gonna be used by a lot of people.

Translators,editors, etc can charge whatever they want for their work, if it weren't for the fact that they're charging for illegal activity, I wouldn't have any issues at all. However, it does make me a little sad; I'm one of those who pirate my H-games (which I sure accounts for the far majority of people here) and I would much rather start paying for the game itself first before paying for the translations.

I do understand the importance of supporting works that you like and I'm perfectly happy to, and do, pay for visual novels I like and fan-translations of them. I would be utterly bummed out if the translation community of visual novels deteriorate anymore than it already has, so I can at least understand why people might be upset if they feel Starke is doing the same to the H-game community.

Status
Not open for further replies.