What's new

New horizons, A fairy's journey

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: New horizons, A fairy's journey

Alright, sorry for the delay here you go.

All things considered, this seems like a side effect of corruption or some kind of plant life,
the only logical step is to see if any lingers.
Ivy swiftly make for the site of the previous corruption, only stopping when she notices a pair of wolves trying to flank her, these wolves however are like the body found, strange vines growing from twisted flesh.
She wastes no time in taking to the sky and shooting one of the wolves, it's lunge at he being thrown off by the sudden pain
the other being more tactical using one of it's vines to grab a branch and throw itself at her, knocking her flying into an oak.
[wolf takes 4, Ivy takes 2 from the crit]

Seeing it's chance the injured wolf lunges at the young fairy again, but only managing to tear her shirt, exposing one of her breasts to the forest as she pulls her dagger and sticks it into it's neck, finishing it off.
As Ivy pulls her hunting knife back out of it's neck the other one grabs her arms with it's
vines and binds them together.
"Get of you damn corrupt beast!" she proclaims trying to squirm free to no avail as the wolf puts it's weight on her to prevent her escape.
Kicking at the wolf she hitches her skirt up giving it easier access but as the wolf goes for it it stumbles slightly causing it to loose grip on her arm.
[Duel fumbles, wow....]
Seeing her change she starts to pull free but is pushed back down by the wolf, it in a more suitable position for it's intent.
She can feel it's course fur against her rear as something hard is rubbing against her.
[4 stacks, moment of truth]
"What are you.... get off! I don't plan to be wolf food!"

As the object pushes against her she kicks against the wolf and wriggles free, grabbing her fallen knife as she does. She hops back and turns to face the corrupted wolf.
The wolf growls at her, it's member clearly viable as this point.
"Some kind of new weapon? Better be careful...."
It wastes no time lunging at her, it's arousal obvious for anyone to see if they have basic sexual knowledge, she stabs at the wolf to counter it's lunge, but the vines wrap around her knife hand and throw her to the ground again
[ivy 7, wolf full]

It wastes no time trying to mount her again, it's vine holding her hands back but she manages to hold it at bay with her feet, the naive girl unaware that the view she is giving it only serving to fixate it's lusts. This tussle continues for a minute until Ivy frees her hand and drives the dagger into it's hide.
In response the wolf howls tying her arms back together it bits as her making her drop the knife in pain.
The tussle for a little longer, the wolf forcing her legs aside and tearing her shirt open more exposing both of her small breasts to the air.
[Ivy 6, wolf taken 1]

She grabs at the knife but is forced back by it's mass, luckily for her before it can mount her again she kicks free and jumps back from her assailant, blushing slightly as the wind tickles her nipples.
Disarmed, Ivy creates 5 ice daggers and hurls one at the encroaching wolf, it knocks it aside with it's vine and lunges,
ivy however rolls away, throwing another dagger, this one hitting home but the wolf but it charges through the pain and knocks ivy off her feet,
once more trying to restrain her. Ivy realizing it's going to keep trying this, instead of squirming free, tries to hold it at bay and stabs
it with an ice knife leaving her with two as it shatters into the wound
[Ivy 6 wolf 3]

As it roars she squirms free and throws another knife, evading it's lunge but her ice knife going wide, she only has one left... she needs a plan...

choice :
a) grab weapon
i) dagger (closer to her)
ii) bow (would allow flight but it's range is unknown)
b) use spells
i) more ice daggers
ii) frost fall
c) Something else....

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Well neither dagger is working fairly well, but the bow is who knows where, so

Bii
Frost fall gambit.

moonblack

Reputation score

Pretty much the same idea:
Wait until the wolf gets close and then use Frost Fall (to minimize the time it has for dodging). If it dies - great; if it survives but looks weakened attack with ice dagger; if it still looks strong fly up and out of its range (should be possibly with Frost Fall slowing down the wolf).

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

A short one but as this wolf is proving tenacious, Ivy needs more input to avoid a horrible fate.

Thinking to herself she remembers the frost fall spell she learned, usually used against groups but if she can just slow it down....
Ivy waits for the wolf to close in as she prepares a spell, "closer, closer" she thinks as it circles the girl, it circles what feels like an age before it eventually lunges forwards, she responds by activating her magic, but regrettably she overcharged it and it fizzles harmlessly.
[Miscast on a 1, no miscast effect]
"Eep!" she managed to realize this and leap aside just in time to avoid the wolves attack, rapidly firing another shot, depleting her magical reserves as the wolf backs away from the flash frozen area.
"D..damn it.." she pants ducking away from wolves vine as it lashes forwards from the edge of the frosted area.
Reactivity she lashes at it with her last ice dagger, only to realize at the last moment that this was a distraction as the wolf leaps on top of her again.
"Get off!" she proclaims as she tries to force the wolf off, it already beginning to hump at her rubbing it's member against her, dripping small amounts of seed on the girl.
"A.. poison?" she panics a little, not wanting to fall foul to her naive misconception of it's intent she kicks the wolf off with renewed vigor and jump to her feet.
"I need a weapon..."

IVY HP 6 EN 0. Wolf has taken 3 damage.

Does Ivy...
A) Snatch her dagger
B) Run for the bow
C) Something else (she is out of MP until time passes or she rests.)

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

tries to hold it at bay and stabs
it with an ice knife leaving her with two as it shatters into the wound
[Ivy 6 wolf 3]

As it roars she squirms free and throws another knife, evading it's lunge but her ice knife going wide, she only has one left... she needs a plan...
IVY HP 6 EN 0. Wolf has taken 3 damage.

Hang on, how much HP has the wolf got left now?

Does Ivy know where the bow is now?

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Hang on, how much HP has the wolf got left now?

Does Ivy know where the bow is now?
I should have been clearer, that's a measure of how much it's taken, I don't reveal the foes HP, only that they are weakening. The wolf looks a little battered but not on it's last legs yet.

She can see the bow, it's some distance away though. So unless C is chosen, the dagger she can just grab and attack, it does less damage, the bow would burn a turn getting to it but does more damage.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

B.

moonblack

Reputation score

I'm starting to hate this wolf...

C. Fly up and away from the wolf, until she's out of range of his vines (and prey she does not get caught by said vines before she's far enough)

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

I've worked out how things will go both ways, we just need a tie breaker to determine how the fight will go....

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Its a shame its only me and moonblack that are playing this :(

Anyway, the brave sir robin move was my second choice so I'll change my vote to his C.

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

I was hoping that there might be more just reading and keeping quiet, that's a shame.

In a slight panic the first lets instinct take over and takes to the air immediately, it's attempt to bite at her going wide due to her speed. Once she feels comfortable with her distance in the trees she looks back ad watches as it begins to use it's vines like grappling hooks. "Guess that's how it jumped me before..."
She waits, watching it carefully, gauging it's distance into the trees before making her move. To grab the bow and fight from the air like she wanted this whole time before the ambush, she can't save anyone without a weapon after all.
As soon as she things she is clear she dashes for the bow, snatching it up, but miscalculating distance slightly as the corrupted wolf used the vines to swing onto her, driving her into the ground, she manages to keep hold of the bow via a stroke of fortune, her dress less lucky as the tear now exposing her navel and both breasts in a triangular tear.
Her niavity proves to be her saving grace as a more aware and thus modest girl might hesitate at her nudity Ivy headbutts the wolf in the jaw and gets free with a flit of her wings, rapidly notching and arrow and letting it find home in the wolves eye socket.

A tence moment passes as she waits to see if it gets back up before slumping by a tree for a breather. and puts an oinment on cloth strips to bind her wounds.

Before continuing, does she
A) Leave it at that +1 HP and +1 EN
B) Take a short rest +2 HP and +3 EN
C) Take a longer rest +3 HP and +5 EN
B and C allow her to add things while she rests.

I can also now freely reveal that the other choise would have lead to the wolf getting what it wanted, so good call. . . unless that's what people wanted of course.

moonblack

Reputation score

unless that's what people wanted of course.
It's not what I was hoping for, that's for sure. So I'm happy with this development.

Anyway, for now:
B) Take a short rest and try to repair her dress as much as she can

After that go back to the village to report the indcident, get healed, and get a new dress... but I guess all of that will have to wait until a future post.

P.S.: A longer rest means higher odds of something finding her while she's resting.

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Just to confirm, report back and not press on looking for Lily at this time is your plan?
Been a while due to personal matters so I realise that detail may have been forgotten.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm actually going to say short rest and then go find Lily, she's probably in trouble

moonblack

Reputation score

Just to confirm, report back and not press on looking for Lily at this time is your plan?
Been a while due to personal matters so I realise that detail may have been forgotten.
For now my vote is:
B) Take a short rest and try to repair her dress as much as she can

As for after that - I have not yet decided. On one hand I don't want to abandon the search for Lily, but on the other hand the first battle did little to inspire confidence in Ivy's abilities...

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Well she got ambushed and forced into melee, not her speciality sadly, her bonuses and main damage source is the bow.

Ivy takes the time to recuperate before continuing her hunt, but not delaying too long as lily might be in danger right now, while she rests she uses what scraps she has to hand to put her dress back together, it's not pretty, but it will once more protect her torso from attacks, normally it's design can take more punishment, she must have been thrown against thorns or something...

For another hour she wanders until she hears muffled whimpering, she follows the sound and upon inspection of the source there is one of the humans from that group encroaching on the forest... but something is wrong..... he too is full of vines and these ones are even flowering....

The whimpering is coming from a large gape-maw pod the person is looking at, seems to be looking for a way to move it. It takes but a moment for her to notice lily's unique black silk dress fragments on the thorns of this man's vines, and some sticking from the pod, it was apparent where lily was, and that she didn't have much time....

Choice time
a) Sneak attack!
b) Confront the corrupted plant-human
c) Other?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

A. Sneak attack, humans are dicks and can't to reasoned with even without being corrupted by vines.

Btw, how big are these fairies?

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Uhh..... mythology implies all over the place depending on type so I guess Hobbit sized to make a standard size.
Gives her a penalty to escaping holds due to physical weakness but an advantage to agility type skills.

Last edited:

moonblack

Reputation score

A. Fly up and briefly scan the area, trying to spot any other enemies that might be nearby (just in case), then shoot the guy dead from above (preferably with the sun behind her to make it more difficult to target her when looking towards her).

OP
Ayu Break

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Well now I'm not thoroughly distracted by Nier, Genso-Rondo and setting up every job search profile under the sun....

This human intruder, they would be possible trouble even without the vine corruption....
Ivy gains some height and puts her between him and the sun.
She follows up by notching an arrow and loosing at the man's back, to her chagrin he turns at the last moment and the arrow only bites into his shoulder instead of his neck.

Wasting no time Ivy notches a second arrow and fires, this one slamming into the persons chest before she sees that he is in a far greater state of corruption than the wolves.
His right eye is a flower and the vines buds begin to open revealing flowers that return a volley of seeds at her.
She dodges most but one hits her in the leg and shatters.
"Ack! .... that's a new one..." she mumbles to her self.

Taking but a moment to rub the forming welt on her leg she notches another arrow and looses it at... where he was....
It takes but a moment for her to realize that the vines and branches of the trees himself seem to be helping him moves around at alarming speeds, and even up to her.
The man lashes at her with a thorn covered branch, striking against the damaged part of her armour and tearing a few of the threads back open.
As Ivy darts back in panic she fires past his ear, but thankfully avoids the vines trying to wrap around her leg, to distracted to wonder why her groin is starting to feel a little itchy.

Ivy taken 3, 1 arousal man taken 3

Rapidly notching a pair of arrows she fires twice one hitting the man in the shoulder as he moves to evade the other, he responds with a feral snarl as another barbed vines lashes across her back from the trees, winding her slightly and causing ivy to cry out in pain, pain that was rapidly quelled with equal parts determination to save Lily and relief that it missed her wing.

Thanks to recoiling in pain from the thorns her next shot goes wide, but seeing her opening as he prepare to lunge, she notches an arrow and waits for him to act, moving away at the last second she twists in midair and shoots piercing the mans arm.
Unphased by the pain he grabs her by the collar and pulls the pair to the ground using vines to break his fall landing on top of her, winded by the pain she doesn't has the strength to stop him from slipping his hand into the torn dress and kneading her chest while the many vines begin to probe her body looking for a way into her clothing, leaving a residue on her that makes her body rapidly warm up.

Ivy 4 arousal 2 / man 8 /grapple stage 2

"Wha.. what are you doing you weirdo!" she squeaks as the man begins to molest her, she wrives and squirms to get free and he begins to snap the stitches in her top one by one to expose her to the world again as the vines slowly pull her legs apart and slide her skirt up.
"Stop it.... this is weird...."
Deaf to her objections, or perhaps encouraged, the man leans down face to face in a bid to kiss her until only an inch away.
"I...said STOP!" Ivy yells as she flings him off her with a surge of adrenaline, the man tumbles over into the mud.
Wasting to time after jumping to her feet Ivy...

A) Flees to use ranged combat
B) Strikes while he is down and open
C) Casts a spell (which)
D) Does a cunning plan (choice)

Edit: He does look quite injured physically, I should add that.

I'm trying to go for more cinematic combat this time, let me know if you prefer it please.

Last edited: