What's new

Soldier's life (Completed)

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

Soldier’s life is now complete! All events, battles and functionality had been added. You now have 3 endings for the ice queen’s fall complete with their own art. Speaking of art, some scenes will remain CG-less since my lovely wife couldn’t keep up with me and is now working on the art for my next game. It sucks but that’s life.

The plot:

You play as Payton, a captain in one of the armies tasked with destroying the ever growing hordes of monsters. You serve under Colonel Vanora, a powerful fighter and cunning strategist but known far and wide as an ice queen that sees her soldiers as numbers, not humans. With a quirk of fate, you find yourself promoted over her and now have the power to make her pay for everything she's done. Sexually, of course.

Here’s some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

Here's what changed since the last update:
- 8 new scenes.

- 6 new CGs.

- 3 endings.

- gallery.

- end splash screen.

- tweaked a lot of numbers in the backend.

- give more troops for first 3 sorties.

- stop reputation losses for first 3 sorties.

- added a button in the System menu to go back to the main menu screen.

You can download it here:
[/URL]

If you enjoyed it and want to support me:
[/URL]

Last edited:

Shingle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life

Ha! I just replayed Corrupting the Priestess 2 days ago, brilliant game! Will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Edit: Played it, enjoyed it quite a lot. I knows its early days but the scaling anger reduction when doing clerical work was pretty annoying. I found myself just spam clicking the same pattern 10 times in a row to get it down again.

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

your writing and art style makes your games fun to play. I hope you plan on adding more to this game than the last.

willaberhaben

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

looks like a nice start.
One thing that you might want to change in a later version:
If your rep ever falls below 5 its very likely that you never get back on track since the lag of troops is going to hurt. In my first try I basicly defeated myself by buying a token at the start and thus droping to 4 rep. That ended in risky battles and thus loosing them and droping even further. Perhaps set your minimum army to the 5 rep worth and/ or disable buying tokens with less than 6 rep?

Also it seems that you scale the amount of lust she get gets with her rep and/or Self worth. Which makes it pretty much impossible to raise it once you ever got her rep/SW low enough.

arcangel069

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

mac version don't work,"the app is incomplete or damage". im using wine to run window version

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ha! I just replayed Corrupting the Priestess 2 days ago, brilliant game! Will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Edit: Played it, enjoyed it quite a lot. I knows its early days but the scaling anger reduction when doing clerical work was pretty annoying. I found myself just spam clicking the same pattern 10 times in a row to get it down again.
Haha. Nice.

Another way to lower her anger is to go out with the army. It drops to zero if you come back victorious. She loves killing monsters. :p

your writing and art style makes your games fun to play. I hope you plan on adding more to this game than the last.
Thanks! There are some big plans for this game. I am trying to limit myself actually. It's really easy to get carried away when developing a game.

looks like a nice start.
One thing that you might want to change in a later version:
If your rep ever falls below 5 its very likely that you never get back on track since the lag of troops is going to hurt. In my first try I basicly defeated myself by buying a token at the start and thus droping to 4 rep. That ended in risky battles and thus loosing them and droping even further. Perhaps set your minimum army to the 5 rep worth and/ or disable buying tokens with less than 6 rep?

Also it seems that you scale the amount of lust she get gets with her rep and/or Self worth. Which makes it pretty much impossible to raise it once you ever got her rep/SW low enough.
I'll keep those things in mind, thanks.

mac version don't work,"the app is incomplete or damage". im using wine to run window version
Oh mac... Always causing trouble. I'll try to have that fixed by the next public release.

itzaguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like the battle system for this game.
I like the fact that you keep the descriptions short so you don;t have to scroll through like in CtP.
Suggestions
Make a no share the woman route, so you don't need to share with other people. That was something was lacking in CTP i think the fact you were sharing the woman with everyone with no real consequence.

Maybe make a route of valnora gets captured by one of the monsters in the tier 3 area and if not rescued in time via battle turned to the enemies side and then you have to fight her in to capture and uncorrupt or train her again. Could be entertaining.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your screenshots are down, probably because your account was suspended.
Try to use : instead :)

huckbeine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My primary complaint that in battle, the RNG rolls is too ridiculous. one battle, im winning the battle with 3 harpies, the next battle with 3 harpies I lose even with 3 main troops, 3 archers, 3 calvary and 3 scouts.

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wow, really, really fun game! :)

1. The length of text is perfect! Not too long that it get's monotonous, but descriptive enough to really engage you.
  2. The diminishing returns for reducing anger through admin work is a brilliant idea! I think it would serve the game well if you are forced to keep doing battles between stints of corrupting her. This will cause the player to have to balance corruption and actually being a colonel.
  3. The battle mechanics is beautiful! Not complex, but pretty deep! I would say keep it as it is, don't change anything (maybe tweak stats for balancing, but that's it).
  4. I hope you make the corruption really slow. The slower the corruption, the longest the game will continue to entertain, I think.

Keep up the awesome work!!! :D

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Loving the game so far, but I keep getting some sort of texture bug. Not sure how it happened, but black lines and dots started appearing all over the screen. Seemed to get worse when I minimized the game.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the battle system for this game.
I like the fact that you keep the descriptions short so you don;t have to scroll through like in CtP.
Suggestions
Make a no share the woman route, so you don't need to share with other people. That was something was lacking in CTP i think the fact you were sharing the woman with everyone with no real consequence.

Maybe make a route of valnora gets captured by one of the monsters in the tier 3 area and if not rescued in time via battle turned to the enemies side and then you have to fight her in to capture and uncorrupt or train her again. Could be entertaining.
Glad you like it!

Sharing Vanora will be up to you in this one. You can totally keep her to yourself if you want.

I don't think I'll make her get captured but there are going to be ways for her to get fucked by monsters.

Your screenshots are down, probably because your account was suspended.
Try to use : instead :)
Thanks for the head's up! Fixed.

My primary complaint that in battle, the RNG rolls is too ridiculous. one battle, im winning the battle with 3 harpies, the next battle with 3 harpies I lose even with 3 main troops, 3 archers, 3 calvary and 3 scouts.
I am getting a lot of comments about randomness. It's something I'll look at.

Wow, really, really fun game! :)

1. The length of text is perfect! Not too long that it get's monotonous, but descriptive enough to really engage you.
  2. The diminishing returns for reducing anger through admin work is a brilliant idea! I think it would serve the game well if you are forced to keep doing battles between stints of corrupting her. This will cause the player to have to balance corruption and actually being a colonel.
  3. The battle mechanics is beautiful! Not complex, but pretty deep! I would say keep it as it is, don't change anything (maybe tweak stats for balancing, but that's it).
  4. I hope you make the corruption really slow. The slower the corruption, the longest the game will continue to entertain, I think.

Keep up the awesome work!!! :D
Thanks!

There will be a system about having to go in the field in the future. You can't neglect your duties and just play with your new toy after all.

I probably will tweak the battle system a little but not too much. Maybe remove a little of the randomness.

And I am all about slow corruption. Hehe.

Loving the game so far, but I keep getting some sort of texture bug. Not sure how it happened, but black lines and dots started appearing all over the screen. Seemed to get worse when I minimized the game.
Wow... That's weird. That's the first time I hear that one. PC, Mac or Linux?

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

that sounds like artifacting. can't be completely sure about it but google it and check if it looks anything like with what you're getting.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that sounds like artifacting. can't be completely sure about it but google it and check if it looks anything like with what you're getting.
Yeah that might be it. No one else even mentioned something like that.

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

are the scenes going to be text-only, like the last game?

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

are the scenes going to be text-only, like the last game?
Nope! There's going to be some awesome CGs in this one.

P.S. I just noticed that I had forgotten to add a plot description to the OP. Fixed.

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi Pyorgara!

I was just wondering how your game was going. Looking forward to the next release! Keep up the great work! :D

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi Pyorgara!

I was just wondering how your game was going. Looking forward to the next release! Keep up the great work! :D
Hey kingalaric!

The game is going great! Always moving forward. This is no promise or anything but I think the next public build will be at the end of August.

Harib

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm playing through the v.03 and I'm loving it so far. The text is great, really hot, and you've proven that you can write like that consistently already in CtP. The breast fondling scene (touching) was exquisite. I like the mechanics so far, there are so many options. The battles and sorties are really fun, complicated enough to entertain, but not so complicated it detracts from the story. I like the random encounters a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing more when the game is finished.

I have a few suggestions.
-Monster sex scenes. Maybe if Vanora loses a duel? These could be really hot one-off sex scenes. Get some lesbian fairy action in the woods, some tree tentacles... chaos beast rape in the third area... Lots of options here.
-Make the army supply girl, the cute blond, fuckable.
-Save system. I'm sure you already have plans for this though.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm playing through the v.03 and I'm loving it so far. The text is great, really hot, and you've proven that you can write like that consistently already in CtP. The breast fondling scene (touching) was exquisite. I like the mechanics so far, there are so many options. The battles and sorties are really fun, complicated enough to entertain, but not so complicated it detracts from the story. I like the random encounters a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing more when the game is finished.

I have a few suggestions.
-Monster sex scenes. Maybe if Vanora loses a duel? These could be really hot one-off sex scenes. Get some lesbian fairy action in the woods, some tree tentacles... chaos beast rape in the third area... Lots of options here.
-Make the army supply girl, the cute blond, fuckable.
-Save system. I'm sure you already have plans for this though.
Thanks for the praise. Glad you had fun!

As for your suggestions.
-There are going to be some monster scenes (There's already 2 in the current build) but not for losing duels. I am always wary about putting sex scenes that can only be accessed by the player losing at something. It's a pet peeve of mine.
-There's definitely going to be sex scenes with Saraid in the future.
-I added the save/load functionality in the latest build.