What's new

[WIP - Full] ROBFEOY - WIP

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After thinking about it hard and long i decided that i should probably make a post regarding my work on this game so no other poor soul starts translating this piece of hell.

I am working on translating ROBFEOY after that's done i might move back and translate ROBF and ROBFS4U if i'm feeling insane enough but for the time being ROBFEOY. I'd say I'm about 30% away from a complete partial and i might release it. Then work on the Full translation and whenever that's done release that.

EDIT: Due to a change in method of translation (now doing it throught RPG Maker i have to more or less start over. But thanks to Ramza i have a partial that translates roughly episodes 1 and part of 2. And moving forward that's how progress will be shown.

To Do:
every other Episode
Skills
States
Items

Done:
Episode 1 = All praise Ramza
Episode 2 = -||-
Enemy names = Ramza did some i did rest

When i deem it worthy of being released i'll throw out a partial so everyone can play it and tell me every single mistake i made.

If there is anyone who would like to assist me and take at least a 100 entries to translate i would gladly accept the assistance since that would mean it gets released faster. Even just pasting the text into google translate and then writing that in for us to make sense of it would help immensely. I myself literally paste it into a translator and make sense of the machine translation.

LE EDIT: So over the last week i've been quiet and acting dead i have gained a team of translators and we're hard at work translating the game. Even the esteemed Ramza is amongst our ranks.

So if you want to help either write down here or PM me.

Edit of the ages: Since we're being sneaky and stuff about this translation so that the creator doesn't shut us down I'm only making this an edit.

Here is the link to the latest version of the translation files i had access to. It hasn't been touched since November so It's very incomplete and i apologise about it. A lot of the things left to translate I'm simply not capable of translating due to my lack of japanese. From what i know Ramza is still slowly chipping away at the game so you might see something from him. For now until my japanese improves I sadly must say I've done what I could for the project. I'm going to very likely try and do as much as i can with ROBFS4U but I don't expect to start on it until end of Jan or mid of Feb.

Last edited:

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: ROBFEOY - WIP

Umm i suggest you make it private or something, because the author/dev doesnt like their game to be translated or something like that.

Realy appriciate your effort tho.

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The way i will give the patch will be to use the RPG Maker Trans and patch the japanease version. This means you'll need to get the original copy first. If anything my patch might give them more sales. Hell for all i care they can take it edit it and put it on the Western dlsite. This project is not to steal anything from anyone but to give everyone in the west to enjoy the game without having to stare at moon speak.

And even if people pirate it. Only because someone pirated a game does't mean they would've bought it. Make buying the game easier then pirating it and you'll get more sales. But i'm going off on a tangent. Point is i will not be taken down only because they don't like me letting people in the west enjoy their game. I won't be distributing art or any real content but just the patch file which is 100% text.

autizboyz

Reputation score

The way i will give the patch will be to use the RPG Maker Trans and patch the japanease version. This means you'll need to get the original copy first. If anything my patch might give them more sales. Hell for all i care they can take it edit it and put it on the Western dlsite. This project is not to steal anything from anyone but to give everyone in the west to enjoy the game without having to stare at moon speak.

And even if people pirate it. Only because someone pirated a game does't mean they would've bought it. Make buying the game easier then pirating it and you'll get more sales. But i'm going off on a tangent. Point is i will not be taken down only because they don't like me letting people in the west enjoy their game. I won't be distributing art or any real content but just the patch file which is 100% text.
Well that's actualy the case, the author/dev have ridiculous hate toward the western. This issue already there since robf.

That is why they make those quiz etc to prevent western for playing, i dont realy know exactly what happended with the author/dev that can make him realy hate the western

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Then it sounds like something I can't really do anything about. And the Hiragana game if i can help it i'll either come up with some quiz or just change the answer to click this and be done.

Someone telling me their location in game would be super helpful. I actually never beat the game. >.>

Cookie for anyone who can tell me what "Onape" means.
Same about "Pollin" or "Porin" I think it's supposed to be their own version of slimes but due to being unsure i might as well ask.

EDIT: after a quick test i bring news. I was quite woried regarding the "speach bubbles" the game has and what i would do if i change the text. Well the answer is such it gets rid of them and instead has the Message box at the bottom. Whilst it may be confusing if the game is running a three way conversation it works so i think it's a fair compromise. On the other hand it crashed a NPC making the game break when talking to him. I'll look into fixing that when i'm working on the story part instead of all the misc combat and UI stuff.

Last edited:

Hometown

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone telling me their location in game would be super helpful. I actually never beat the game. >.>

Same about "Pollin" or "Porin" I think it's supposed to be their own version of slimes but due to being unsure i might as well ask.
First off, thanks for starting this and best of luck. ROBF is one of my favorite if not my favorite series of h games, so I'm looking forward to the results.

I think one of the quizzes starts when you first get to the mines. There's more than one instance where the author tries to fuck with foreigners later on. Can't really recall them but the game's thread should have some information on it.

Also the enemies (and some npc?) are based off Ragnarok Online enemies. So the slime is Poring.

Greed153

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So the first quiz before entering the Einbroch Mine, the second is in the Biolab in Lighthalzen, the third quiz is there too ( Biolab 03 ) .
I am not 100% but there was another quiz in the some kind of laboratory in Lighthalzen slums. You go there due to main story quest.
And the last quiz in the new expansion tower. Well, that is all, I think. (Hope this helps you ) :)

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Got any context for this? I played RO on and off during the past 6 years but this doesn't ring any bells.

Hometown already answered, the slime monster is a poring.

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Got any context for this? I played RO on and off during the past 6 years but this doesn't ring any bells.

Hometown already answered, the slime monster is a poring.
Shows up in the states a few times:
オナペ中 which turns into Onape in
オナペ外 = Onape out (or outside)
オナペ待機A = Onape waiting A
敵絶頂待機(オナペ用) = Enemy cum waiting (for Onape)

If anyone can make sense of it it would be great. I tried and just cannot.

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Reputation score

Well i guess its something like a Dildo, cause the translations say it is a "Fantasy Objekt for Masturbation"

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm going to quote the pm i got since it's good and the only reason the guy did't post it was coz he's not approved yet.

howl15 said:
I don't know Japanese, but i have played original RO for a long time. I also have played translated ROBF.

I think that porin is basic poring(pink, IRO name) name, and pollin is race name. It makes sense according to this h**p://seesaawiki.jp/robf/d/ROBF%5f%a5%dd%a5%ea%a5%f3
poporin - green poporing

But this was in ROBF, and i don't know game names. Additionally in EOY poring has plant race.

I guess that Onape is short for Onapetto more on this here h**ps://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/オナペット
Also I'm done traveling and back by my trusty PC. Let;'s see if i can get out a working partial by the 20th.

Another thing is there's a bug in the translated game, it crashes when you lose. I don't know why yet but i'll be looking into it.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well that's actualy the case, the author/dev have ridiculous hate toward the western. This issue already there since robf.
Where does that hate come from? Is it actually based on something or is it simple baseless xenophobia ?
I remember that he made games ridiculously difficult for people not familiar with Japanese culture, so I never tried any of them... are they really that good/fun?
What kind of games are they? Monster girls rpg?

Last edited:

autizboyz

Reputation score

Where does that hate come from? Is it actually based on something or is it simple baseless xenophobia ?
I remember that he made games ridiculously difficult for people not familiar with Japanese culture, so I never tried any of them... are they really that good/fun?
What kind of games are they? Monster girls rpg?
As i said i dont realy know where the hate came from (Probaly because pirating and translating? I dont know realy), the game it self is a BF game the only thing that good (atleast for me) because its based on ragnarok online, like the item/weapon monster etc.

Dont get me wrong i do want the game to be translated, but it will trigger the dev to get mad again (ulmf forum is pretty much is on his hate list). That is why i suggest to make it private or something like that.

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Reputation score

Yeah thats were the developer make the mistakes.
Of course pirating is worse, but it also has some good points.
Reach! As Developer you wanna sell your games and make them known usually. This can be accomplished via multilanguages, advertisment and support usind different Sites like Dlsite JP/ENG.
Even if it is pitated 1000 times, its well known and some people will buy the Game even if they pirated it before.

If he uses methods to block non japanese Player, he is losing massiv range and he even might fuck off his current Japanese fans with doing this puzzle shit noone asks for. Its not even Playwise in any content, its just to block off people.

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a fun update. Due to transferring to a different method of translation (In RPG Maker) Working with others may prove a little bit more difficult. I would have to send you the RVData2 file and you would have to have the game open in RPG maker and translate that. Also on another hand I mentioned a bug that occurs when you lose. Here it is. If anyone has any idea how to fix it i will love you forever.

Also big thanks to Ramza022 for sharing what he translated and generally saving me a butt ton of translation. Me and him will be working together and maybe even get a full translation out by new year huh? That'd be nice.

EDIT: Should also mention that this happens with every enemy only the number changes. Besides that in the script i can see Ramza has tried to fix it and did't fix it quite yet. I'll try some things.

EDIT 2 Been fixed

Attachments

Last edited:

Hvirus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great on you man, glad to see someone taking on this beast. Just try to avoid making your updates too visible, one of the authors is a real dirtbag when it comes to these things. Best of luck!

Greed153

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dont want to bother the translation , but can you please say if its going fine.
Sorry for disturbing you :eek:

OP
K

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The translations is going Spiffy. Right now we're working on:
Ramza is translating Quests in ep2
Howl is translating Items and Equips
Weirdo 232 is translating One of the cities
And I'm translating the GOR scenes.

Greed153

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The translations is going Spiffy. Right now we're working on:
Ramza is translating Quests in ep2
Howl is translating Items and Equips
Weirdo 232 is translating One of the cities
And I'm translating the GOR scenes.
Glad to know this :) Thank you for the replying and wish you luck with the translation !