What's new

Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

About this thread:
I thought that this game also requires a thread. Just a warning, the development has only started. I am not sure in which direction the game goes, but I will try to gather all the informations about the game in this thread.

About the game:

Teaser Trailer:

Demo: (thanks to cvonsuela85)

The game is developed by the guys that support Akabur with his games (You can find his games here: Ulmf Link). Xaljijo helped him with programming and Dahr with some illustrations. (Iris was drawn by him.)
My guess is this game will be a dungeon crawler with RPG elements.

The story (copied out of the teaser):
This is a story of a young, pretty and rather daring bandit girl Iris and her companion, a genie with limited magical abilities and unlimited appetite for woman, search around the world for beautiful slave girls, who once were no less beautiful princesses.

Websites:
Xaljios Patreon (Programmer):

DAHRs Patreon (Artist):

Pictures:

Some random assumptions :

- It'll come out before PT Gold
- It'll be better than PT Gold
- We won't have to deal with Akabur's horrendous mood in the aftermath

Feel free to quote me for truth in the coming months :D

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

Interesting. It certainly did occur to me that Iris could have supported her own game.

I can't contribute over Patreon, but I'll be keeping an eye on this.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As interested as I am in this concept because Iris was one of my favorite characters, and her nature could certainly drive game such as this, I really feel like the Patreon accounts should be merged into one so people can see the project described on one account while also detailing the responsibilities that each person is taking.
I know that up until now they have contributed bits and pieces to Akabur's projects, but if they are going to co-opt a single project together that's the first thing that should be streamlined.

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A new post from Xaljio showing the inventory:

Right now I am thinking about giving them a few bucks, but we will see.

Dahr also post something, but this has nothing to do with the game:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*Puts flame shield up*

Any1 else noticed that PT's "true end" could easily lead to this ?
If we skip the new Golden edition and it's rumored 3+ endings ......

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

They put up a youtube teaser:

and the Story:

This is a story of a young, pretty and rather daring bandit girl Iris and her companion, a genie with limited magical abilities and unlimited appetite for woman, search around the world for beautiful slave girls, who once were no less beautiful princesses.

I really like their humor and the art style. Well after Akaburs last game, I will support them only after their first release.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

PS : TTOG you might want to edit the OP, you put 2 times "Xaljio's Patreon" when they're 2 different dudes, just change 1 to Dahr's .......

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

PS : TTOG you might want to edit the OP, you put 2 times "Xaljio's Patreon" when they're 2 different dudes, just change 1 to Dahr's .......
Changed it. The link was right, but the description was wrong. thanks.

I think the same, but it really depends how big they want to design their game. I would sign your 2nd and 3rd point, but I am not to sure about the first one.

I will quote you even sooner than you think.:D

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Necro bump after a month to see if some news came out about this game, since PT Gold is doing nicely (for an Akabur game :D).

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Necro bump after a month to see if some news came out about this game, since PT Gold is doing nicely (for an Akabur game :D).
Not much news. Dahr posted some pictures and you can get your own customable picture if you pay him some money. But in case of the game we need to wait some more.

The last post from xaljio is from April 28:

Hi guys!

Last time I've written a little on my page. But this means only one thing - I worked a lot. Or rather, WE work a lot. Less words, more action and all that.

Briefly touch on a few points:

1. We now have a rooms generator. There were some trouble with it, but now it can be (formally) more than a thousand different variants of the rooms in our game. Of course some differs are not so noticable but anyway it's cool. In addition, this toolkit provides a great opportunity for the further development of our game.

2. The combat system finally took the form which will be published in the demo version. Honestly, I'm not happy in every detail of it. But we decided it would be wise to give you to try it and get your feedback. Further changes in the combat system will be made after release of the demo version.

3. We have come up with some cool concept... Actually it will be a new huge layer of gameplay for the IQ. It is connected with the girls, monsters, and their interaction. ;) But no details for now. In any case, we will develop this system after the demo version.

In general, work is in full swing. We are already close to the finish line with our demo-version. And that's great. Thank you very much for your support and patience. Hope we can repay you well for it.

P.S. I plan to publish a rather unexpected clip soon. I hope you will be interested in it.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unexpected clip : check
Promises of demo "soon" : check
Literal middle finger to Akabur's way of not posting anything news-worthy 'cause reasons : check

Bets are still open for which game comes out first, and my assumptions still hold true after more than a month, go me

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok not to give my age away or anything, but that one girl looks like April O'neil from the 80's TMNT cartoon.

And Nice Aerith theme at 3:47 on that 13 minute "teaser" trailer. Was my favorite character in FFVII.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok not to give my age away or anything, but that one girl looks like April O'neil from the 80's TMNT cartoon.

And Nice Aerith theme at 3:47 on that 13 minute "teaser" trailer. Was my favorite character in FFVII.
Finally! I thought I was alone here :D

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Akabur made April a few years ago for some comic/flash game of his. He "leased" her to be used in this game. Just like Iris was "rented" to be put in PT.

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Akabur made April a few years ago for some comic/flash game of his. He "leased" her to be used in this game. Just like Iris was "rented" to be put in PT.
Ahh that explains it then. The resemblance is spot on.

Ignis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is that April from TNMT?

Gyron

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New video update on Xaljio's Patreon.

Edit: 'Cept it's about a different game he's working on: Library Story.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh, what a nice teaser-clip.