What's new

Roundscape: Adorevia

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Roundscape: Adorevia

Man, I love all the art, nikraria is great too. My main problem is that there's no easy way to fudge the corruption and affection stats. Makes it a little annoying when you want to do specific things.

OGBobbyJohnson1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's actually not that difficult if you don't mind editing the game itself with RPG Maker. Just go into an event that you know gives or takes away affection/corruption and change the values.

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That... Makes sense, I am going to try on other games.
I feel so idiot... ¬¬

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

is there a guide somewhere how to get all the scenes ??

Best Western RPG Maker game so far.

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Interesting game. I chose the male but after looking through the H scenes on the wiki, it looks like the female has better scenes. Also, it won't load the farmer origin from me and really wanted to see the mother scenes. Ah well.

OGBobbyJohnson1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, 1.5 came out. The game is now using MV.

Does anyone would know anything regarding to editing your companion corruption/affection? Tried the cheat plugin and save editor and was a no go. Also tried opening it through RPGMaker MV, and it fails to load actors.json. Any help would be very appreciated.

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How's the performance with MV? Any better than with VXAce?

OGBobbyJohnson1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How's the performance with MV? Any better than with VXAce?
Honestly, Its shit. A huge step back imo. Every 5 seconds it stutters, every chatbox popup in a scene makes the game stutter as well. Normally every version, I play through to the end of the content, occasionally with both sexes. This version, I wont even make it to slinsk on one. Oh, and one of the new scenes is broken.

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What a letdown.

I figured there was a really good reason to change engines, but that doesn't actually seem to be the case.
It's not like the game needs to reinvent the wheel to get events working.

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there a "best" version of the updates? The new version and the MV version always close out due to rgss3pect error.

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i cant even play the MV ver it gos so slow.... i cant even pick to be a farmer or noble or anything since it freezes up once i pick it T.T gah i guess im stuck on 1.4 ver forever

Thesale

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Why did they even change it to MV ? :confused:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why did they even change it to MV ? :confused:
Maybe to make it more complicated so the time it takes to make the game takes longer.

"Oh hey, we need to fix these bugs from switching to MV, just keep donating money on Patreon while we do that and you'll get content later"

Or something like that.

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

MV seems to have better features and supporting mobile device is a big plus.

Some MV games are terribly slow, not sure if its because of the stupid encryption but an exe file over 1gb size is usually a bad implementation. Some other MV games works fine and the art style could be surprisingly better than VX Ace games. I suppose MV actually gives you more freedom over things or allow dev to change things easily.

However, from what I've seen in the forum, the bugs found in Roundscape MV versions can generally be avoided by simply playing the game once. Even the quests at the very beginning can crash the game. It seems that the devs are doing a terrible job this time. If you ask me I'd say they should have released a small patch on the VX Ace version to fix various bugs and put more effort into MV before they release a buggy game.

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

MV seems to have better features and supporting mobile device is a big plus.

Some MV games are terribly slow, not sure if its because of the stupid encryption but an exe file over 1gb size is usually a bad implementation. Some other MV games works fine and the art style could be surprisingly better than VX Ace games. I suppose MV actually gives you more freedom over things or allow dev to change things easily.

However, from what I've seen in the forum, the bugs found in Roundscape MV versions can generally be avoided by simply playing the game once. Even the quests at the very beginning can crash the game. It seems that the devs are doing a terrible job this time. If you ask me I'd say they should have released a small patch on the VX Ace version to fix various bugs and put more effort into MV before they release a buggy game.
i think i have only played one good MV game that didnt bug up or anything but the games so dead theres no point in even trying to play it..
i kinda hope they see some msgs over them taking bad choice with mv and try to go back to VX ace if not... uh.. wellp someone tell me if theres a other game with choices or at least like this one

logan.scodini

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not always sure about RPG maker, but will have to check it out.

LoK14

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There is a 1.5a Version out for a few days thats supposed to fix bugs but as far as i can read there are still gamebreaking bugs so its not worth it for now =(

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

There are good games with no real issues in MV out there - don't give up on an entire engine because of one or two bad implementations. Coceter Chronicles, Ryenuu Ascension, even Sierra Lee's short Ouroboros are all good examples that it can be done right. Two new implementations are New Paths and The Dark Lord's Trip (last one very custom, wth gorgeous maps).

Maybe they can get this game straightened out - it can be done. Don't know why they would release something in this state though after all the hype about the change (I'm not a Patron so can't see it for myself). I play games on both a 2 year old PC in Win10 and a 6 yr old Macbook Pro. I do know that MV does require a certain level of hardware to support properly, if this could be part of everyones issues.

Anyway - my thoughts...

Last edited:

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow you guys rly said the truth.

Played the version of the old engine (what was the name of that again LUL)
everything worked perfectly fine, but I reached the end of that version so I decided to get the newest, wich is on MV.

A few things to that..

The combat is way worse. Maybe not worse technically but I hate the new fight system. It's like your group is on the right side and the enemys left and there are different rows that have stats like "Less dmg from melee attacks" because it's the backline or something. I mean it is way more tactical but it feels so... shit.

5 hours into game I visited all places you could in that time.
5 hours into the MV version I am still in Oakshire(start town) because allready in the first town are so many gamebreaking bugs that I had to restart the game more times in 1 hour than I restarted the other version during the whole playthrough (15~ hours, NONE of the restarts of that version occured by bugs, just me wanted to play something else)

The dialogues are laggy as fck.

The game progressed BACK wich means even the perk system isn't included in MV yet wich it was on the other engine.

I had to replay the game (MV) because there was no autosave option like in the previous thing, so I saved my game on save 24 (save 24 was automaticly selected didn't rly want to scroll up to 1) played with that one 2-3 hours until I read something about the farmer-start wich is the best "for obvious reasons" didn't find any H in this one so I don't rly understand why it is the best.. especially there are no "obvious" reasons for it to be the best.(I started as thief before). SO what happened? I checked the farmer-start and wanted to load my real save... Wich was gone because save 24 IS the auto-fcking-save. So 2-3 hours of buggy gameplay wich I didn't want to repeat for fcking nothing and I obviously had to repeat. Wich I am doing right now and after 1 hour I am still in the first town because it crashed around 4 times now. Not just crashed, there are so many files missing (redownloaded it 2 times, the files are indeed missing) So I wanted to get the demoness in my party without doing the real quest, I wanted to fight the warlock from the start and... as soon as the fight started I got an error that the file required for that fight is missing. And also entering the warlock tower puts black squares on your screen. You barely see anything. You can fix that by going into the crystal outside the tower.

Final conclusion?
There is in all honesty 0 reasons to play the game right now. Grab the version before the switch to mv, maybe there is less content, but you can actually play the game.

So, sorry for the salt and the english.

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm guessing they changed to MV from VXAce due to the Javascript integration and the multi-platform support, among other reasons. I moved one of my games which was already done in VX to MV myself - only I redid every single thing on MV instead of just copying the maps over. Which is only possible because my work was only about 2-3 hours of gameplay at that point, and it still took me weeks to remake everything.

What I presume they did was something along of the lines of simply copying over the maps, events, and everything else, from VXAce to MV, and transporting all their assets with preserved file names from one to the other as well. But if you simply do that, you end up with a tremendously slow game that stutters and bugs out every few seconds. Huge issues which should have been exposed quite easily if they bothered playtesting it before releasing it to the public. Or maybe they did playtest it, and went ahead with it anyway for whatever unfathomable reason. The end result is it fucks up the tilesets, the dialogue, the coding, the... well... basically *everything*.

For anyone who wants to play this I recommend just playing their VXAce version pre-MV move. They've got a tonne of work ahead of them since they did the port over completely wrong, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.