What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

i have a question. i just got a new computer and i have a few RPG games stored in my mega. now i was wondering if the RPG trials on the official rpg maker site can also run games. if not where can i go to get the full ones for....well......for a very low price.
Errm, you don't need RPG Maker, you need RPG Maker RTP (run-time package) and those are free to download and use - .

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Errm, you don't need RPG Maker, you need RPG Maker RTP (run-time package) and those are free to download and use - .
thank you....btw i love the game your making. if i had a special secret bank account that a few others couldn't access then i would be supporting you.

Kradretsamsama

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Win 10 anniversary update broke agth for me. Some of the menu options are just gone now. I'm using the 2011.5.9 version.
The same happened to me, i just change agth for ChiitransLite.exe and atlas, works fine :) (tried VNR but with some rpg maker games this doesnt run well for me)

good luck

JNaylor2k15

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know why i got this error? It happened in the game Mature Quest (with an English translation) after i went up to the inn keeper (Who was invisible.)

Attachments

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can't seem to find any solutions or answers about this. I'm having a weird bug that only happens on my laptop Its when i go to change armor in an rpg maker ace games there is like almost a 2 second delay when i un equip a piece of gear. my specs are,
AMD Dual-Core Processor E1-1200 (1.4 GHz)
4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 7310
1366 x 768
Windows 8.1

I used to be on my desktop all the time an it was old an running xp with no lag or latency. I'm starting to think its just a CPU thing with the laptop since the computer is still new and hardly has anything on it. Also has very poor lag an fps with MV but yeah. Any info or something about this would be great. my old desktop had an itel core duo.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can't seem to find any solutions or answers about this. I'm having a weird bug that only happens on my laptop Its when i go to change armor in an rpg maker ace games there is like almost a 2 second delay when i un equip a piece of gear. my specs are,
AMD Dual-Core Processor E1-1200 (1.4 GHz)
4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 7310
1366 x 768
Windows 8.1

I used to be on my desktop all the time an it was old an running xp with no lag or latency. I'm starting to think its just a CPU thing with the laptop since the computer is still new and hardly has anything on it. Also has very poor lag an fps with MV but yeah. Any info or something about this would be great. my old desktop had an itel core duo.
IMHO, 1.4 GHz is the reason.
First of all, Windows 8.1 was designed with much better CPUs in mind, so it's probably hogging a lot of resources by itself. Second thing is minimal requirements for RPG Maker VX Ace - quote from help file:
The minimum requirements for using RPG Maker VX Ace are as follows:

OS Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit OS support)
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
Memory 512 MB
Video 1,024 × 768 resolution
Hard disk 400 MB free

Your hardware must support the version of DirectX that you are using. (Any version of DirectX that came with Windows XP or later will work.)
The specifications for trouble-free game play differ depending on the game itself.
The video and hard disk drive specifications listed here are the minimum values for RPG Maker itself.
But it's not uncommon that it will lag or work choppy on 3.0 Ghz or better CPUs.

MV's minimal requirements:
The system requirements for this software are as follows.
OS Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or Mac OS X 10.10 or higher
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent or greater
RAM 2GB or more
HDD 2GB or more of free disk space
Graphics Card One with OpenGL support
Display Resolution of 1280×768 or greater

Internet connection is required to perform the network authentication.
Specifications required to play the game smoothly vary based on the content of the game.
Not very specific, but according to MV dev I was in contact with, it was comparable or maybe even slightly slower than VX Ace.

Hope this answers your question :).

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

IMHO, 1.4 GHz is the reason.
First of all, Windows 8.1 was designed with much better CPUs in mind, so it's probably hogging a lot of resources by itself. Second thing is minimal requirements for RPG Maker VX Ace - quote from help file:

But it's not uncommon that it will lag or work choppy on 3.0 Ghz or better CPUs.

MV's minimal requirements:

Not very specific, but according to MV dev I was in contact with, it was comparable or maybe even slightly slower than VX Ace.

Hope this answers your question :).
alright thanks. Yeah this little amd apu is bad....... It's just wierd cause everthing in the menu an combat works fine just and everything else but yeah figured it was some processing issue. thanks again:)

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

alright thanks. Yeah this little amd apu is bad....... It's just wierd cause everthing in the menu an combat works fine just and everything else but yeah figured it was some processing issue. thanks again:)
Well, maybe it just wasn't meant for gaming, but for battery life or something similar. And after dealing with Enterbrain's code for so long, I never blame hardware anymore when it comes to RPG Maker performance ;).

Lichchimp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This might be an unusual question, but I'm really hoping to get some help.

I've been playing different games for a while now, but recently exchanged some hardware (bigger resolution monitors and new gpu), in any case..

For some reason RPGmaker VX Ace games crash if I put them in fullscreen mode.

No problem, just don't play in full screen mode, right?

Here's the problem.. I decided I was going to be a smartass, and tried changing a setting so that it the game(s) boot in fullscreen mode to see if this could solve the issue. It didn't.

As a side effect, now every RPGmaker VX Ace game crashes on boot because it can't play in fullscreen mode, and I can't edit the setting back because the game crashes, meaning I can't reach that menu..

So my hope was, that someone could help me out on how to change this setting without starting the program (editing a file or similar), I've tried simplistic solutions such as simply reinstalling the RTP, but it seems the that the settings are stored somewhere else.

I guess a fix that allows me to boot in full screen mode would work too, not sure what info is needed, but I'm on windows 7.

Edit: I turned off G-sync, not sure if its the fix, but I was able to start the game properly afterwards.

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This might be an unusual question, but I'm really hoping to get some help.

I've been playing different games for a while now, but recently exchanged some hardware (bigger resolution monitors and new gpu), in any case..

For some reason RPGmaker VX Ace games crash if I put them in fullscreen mode.

No problem, just don't play in full screen mode, right?

Here's the problem.. I decided I was going to be a smartass, and tried changing a setting so that it the game(s) boot in fullscreen mode to see if this could solve the issue. It didn't.

As a side effect, now every RPGmaker VX Ace game crashes on boot because it can't play in fullscreen mode, and I can't edit the setting back because the game crashes, meaning I can't reach that menu..

So my hope was, that someone could help me out on how to change this setting without starting the program (editing a file or similar), I've tried simplistic solutions such as simply reinstalling the RTP, but it seems the that the settings are stored somewhere else.

I guess a fix that allows me to boot in full screen mode would work too, not sure what info is needed, but I'm on windows 7.
RPG Maker stores settings in Windows registry:
for VX Ace it's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RGSS3 key
just change LaunchInFullScreen value to 0 and you're set

If you're lazy or don't know how to use registry, decompress the attachment and run the file inside - it will make necessary change in registry.

Attachments

Lichchimp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

RPG Maker stores settings in Windows registry:
for VX Ace it's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RGSS3 key
just change LaunchInFullScreen value to 0 and you're set

If you're lazy or don't know how to use registry, decompress the attachment and run the file inside - it will make necessary change in registry.
I seeme to have found a fix just before you replied, thanks anyways, that's useful information that I'll probably need in the future. <3

Looking forward to the 15th by the way!

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I seeme to have found a fix just before you replied, thanks anyways, that's useful information that I'll probably need in the future. <3
Oh, missed your edit. Info that turning G-sync off can fix some issues may come in handy as well, so thanks for that.

Looking forward to the 15th by the way!
:D

Frozenglory

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so if i did this right and it attached the pics then these are the 2 errors i get while trying to boot up my fav game of all time Violated heroine any help on what they say or any advice

Attachments

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so if i did this right and it attached the pics then these are the 2 errors i get while trying to boot up my fav game of all time Violated heroine any help on what they say or any advice
They did get attached, but are too small to see a thing.
See first post of for various hints and tips. Well most likely have what you need. And since I'm already linking, may be useful in the future - a way to copy error message to the clipboard.
Hope this helps :).

Frozenglory

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so even using the jap locale to unpack and then run the japanese rtp its in gibberish and then gives me an error half way through

Frozenglory

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so even using the jap locale to unpack and then run the japanese rtp its in gibberish and then gives me an error half way through
---------------------------
?????????????
????????: RPG¸°Ù2000 ×ÝÀ²ÑÊ߯¹°¼Þ
??????????: RPG¸°Ù2000 ×ÝÀ²ÑÊ߯¹°¼Þ
????: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCII\RPG2000\RTP\Sound\ƒeƒŒƒ|￾[ƒg1.wav
???: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

OK

Exa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Where can I download ATLAS?

It's not possible to get on the official site now.

Kachopper9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been trying to play a Japanese Wolf RPG maker with Visual novel reader. I've been using out of game subtitles. It either fails to translate the text fully or only translate it once.

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

FFS ever since Win10 anniversary update all wolf rpg games have broken fonts, I have tried both Ntlea and Locale Emulator but both give gibberish, this is so annoying I can't play games like that.
Did anyone encounter this problem and found solution?

dinobarx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I seriously need help. I had to do a hard reset of my computer to factory default. Now no RPGmaker game I try will run. I managed to get a screenshot of the message that pops up when I try to start them.

Pls help I've tried everything i can think of.
I'm running windows 10.
I get most of these games either here or from dlsite if that matters.

If a cant get these to work again all the money i spent on them will be a waste.

Attachments