What's new

ACT [azurezero] Damsel quest (£3.20 on itch.io/cheaper bundled with DQ2)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
17th march 2016 - To celebrate getting my original laptop (keyboard) fixed, i'm beginning the process of getting my older games on itch.io...

starting with this game, in a bundle with its sequel Princess ren returns (thread)

Game is its original knocked down price of £3.2,

you'll need to download the dropbox demo again, i switched it out for the complete game and you need to purchase the unlock file and put it in the game folder

SCREENSHOTS

EDIT - THIS IS A STEALTH BASED PLATFORMER, YOU LOSE IF YOU ARE SEEN

so for the last month or so i've been working on what was to be my first non hentai game, the concept was a stealth based platformer starring a princess,
the general gameplay were short enclosed levels...

either way, after much deliberation, i've decided to do a H version instead/aswell/first

the first difference between the two games is that the levels will be a lot longer, with various traps and people to fall to...
mainly there are the guards which patrol with various patterns
and a magical motion detector that conjures a cage around you
but later on there will be other traps some of which will have their own animation, but all of which will get at least a cg...

my artist finished the first H animation today

pretty good

anyway, for a reasonable account of some of the gameplay mechanics you can

EDIT EDIT EDIT

EDIT EDIT EDIT
also before anyone complains the H version wont be having any motion detector cluster fucks like in the demo... though some of these mini levels may make it into the H game as training levels, because i really don't want to undermine the early traps in game with tutorial level difficulty

I'll post again once i've got some more of the cgs done

the final game will be 9 or 10 long levels, split into 3 areas, the dungeon, the castle and the forest
planned at least 15 game over scenes and 5 H animations.

CONTROLS

ARROW KEYS for movement
X jumps
down to crouch
down + X to throw a rock (hold it to throw further)

crouching/crawling is important

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloodyryss

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Damsel quest (working title)

if i try to go to the soldier / jump over him / run away from him ... the game just restarts ... It restarts if the guard walked a few steps

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

above you can see the first H cg I've produced for this game and my sprite artist is working on a few game over animations for it too. hopefully i can stay consistent with the slight improvement in neatness than my usual works, i really like the colouring on this one

i don't plan on having too much sprite sex, only 5-6 animations so far but there will be at least 15 unique cgs that i plan on finishing in the next 2-3 weeks, as well as get the other 8 long levels completed, i realised today a few of my levels are a bit tough so i'm adding check points, but as a result im lowering the amount of lives from 10 per level to 5-6

ALLTHOUGH- i think the last boss i will allow infinite retries because it wouldn't be fun to get that far only to lose to what i have planned :)

one of my testers finished level 2 dying only once, and he didnt even fall for my red herring, no doubts that someone will though :D

each area will have their own knight capture image, a caged image (probably tentacles) for the motion sensors and an image for when the player falls down a pit off screen...

the other cgs will be more sprinkled around all 3 areas just because i really liked those traps in lab still alive

since testing the non H game with people i've toned down the cluster fuck motion sensor sections, they dont really work in a long level game like this, they work just fine on single screen segments

known issues- fixed (but maybe not in demo), if the rock falls offscreen without hitting anything princess is stuck crouching

Last edited:

Scarletz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Seem interresting love ur art good lcuk in ur game pretty sure its gonna be cool

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) my artist just need to finish the tentacle part of the tentacle rape animation, and i just need the other bunch of cgs and i can release the official demo for this game :) then i can finally get to work on designing the other bunch of levels, i hope to fill it full of a bunch of tricks and traps...i love those traps :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

pit gor, tentacle gor, cage gor, and the knights of course

also on the advice of friends i've also got a drop box account now, as well as adfly, every little helps...wish id thought of it before giving away princess escape away for free haha

expect the full demo in a few days with the cgs and the tentacle animation

for now push r if you're in an unwinnable situation like falling off screen or into a tentacle pit

and the 2nd level represents the average length of levels

Last edited:

GS90

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Good god this needs check points. Maybe also a small text tutorial explaining the rock use and that the motion detector lights don't catch you if you stand still... Otherwise good work.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good god this needs check points. Maybe also a small text tutorial explaining the rock use and that the motion detector lights don't catch you if you stand still... Otherwise good work.
it is a little trial and error gameplay but there will be an info sheet or instructions that tell you about rock usage...not telling everything though

also there is a checkpoint, but i havent settled on a design yet so that yellow box in stage 2 is the only checkpoint so far

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I like it. I'll keep an eye on it.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like it. I'll keep an eye on it.
you wont have to wait long, unless the final boss is trickier to program than i think, the game should be done in 4 weeks at most

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

you wont have to wait long, unless the final boss is trickier to program than i think, the game should be done in 4 weeks at most
Sweet, then I'll be looking forward to it's release.

Tsukuyomi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I can't jump over the first knight. What hell? I try, and it just goes straight to the sex... Not that I mind that. Then, does it ever end? I keep having to hit enter, restart at the beginning, and repeat.

edit:*facepalm* I figured it out. Don't judge me! ><

edit2: Holy rusted metal, Batman. It's insanely difficult for me since I'm not used to hiding behind things like a pussy. >>

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't jump over the first knight. What hell? I try, and it just goes straight to the sex... Not that I mind that. Then, does it ever end? I keep having to hit enter, restart at the beginning, and repeat.

edit:*facepalm* I figured it out. Don't judge me! ><

edit2: Holy rusted metal, Batman. It's insanely difficult for me since I'm not used to hiding behind things like a pussy. >>
I suppose i should give a little flavour text, the princess has no real combat training because her father doesn't want her playing with swords (though she will learn one day) but she does regularly sneak out of her own castle to have fun, so she has experience at being stealthy

qwerpoiu80

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh Azure, princesses again? Does your love for them have to do with you being from the UK or something???:D:D:D

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh Azure, princesses again? Does your love for them have to do with you being from the UK or something???:D:D:D
the idea for this one started as a non sexist game series where even the princess (who still gets damselled later) got her own game to display her skills
before you get to imprison her playing as the villainess (tower defense game) where she defeats the guards in the castle and corrupts them into her own army before game 3 where the princess gets rescued by the knight (female but obscured by the armour)

either way, since i dont intend on making h version of the other 2 games... the whole trilogy is scrapped for now and princess rescues herself...i called it damsel quest to both separate it from the princess quest series and to highlight the joke about the princess in the other game being a damsel needing to be rescued by her lover and this one rescuing herself

i havent even decided if the two princess are the same character yet but shes being drawn in cute graphics in the non H game

Tsukuyomi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I meant no disrespect. I'm just used to playing games where you fight instead of running and hiding. I still haven't beat level 1..

Instead of just losing if they see you, I think it'd be a bit less frustraing if they had to actually catch you. They could run faster than you, so if you're on completely level ground.. But, say you're by a ledge up or a pit in between. You wouldn't lose, and you could hide behind something to reset their awareness.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I meant no disrespect. I'm just used to playing games where you fight instead of running and hiding. I still haven't beat level 1..

Instead of just losing if they see you, I think it'd be a bit less of a pain if they had to actually catch you. They could run faster than you, so if you're completely on level ground.. But, say you're by a ledge up or a pit in between. You wouldn't lose, and you could hide behind something to reset their awareness.
it takes some getting used to but i have no intention of changing the system :)

(sorry)

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Running and hiding? why not make a Warrior Princess!!! a real Warrior Princess there aren't enough games were your play a real tough girl that doesn't give up at the first sight of penis.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Running and hiding? why not make a Warrior Princess!!! a real Warrior Princess there aren't enough games were your play a real tough girl that doesn't give up at the first sight of penis.
well if i make hentai versions of the future games she will EVENTUALLY be taught to use a sword

also final boss of the knights game was gonna be the villain in the guise of the princess...in which case i could reuse the boss fight sprites :)

either way for now let me do this thing that hasnt been done before in a hentai game (not counting the rpg maker stealth games)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

got the first cg done (it's in the first post under screenshots)

just waiting on wolfenstahl for advice on not having game maker fuck up my cgs when it shrinks them down to the game window size