What's new

[RPG MAKER VX ACE] Dangerous Missions: Origin

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's been too long, ULMF. Even if I've been lurking from time to time, thing is I've been quite too busy to do a thing. So here are some news:

-As you guessed, Dangerous Missions Pocket was put into an hiatus. Simply put, I want to rework it from scratch, and that will take some time to do. Good news is, my skills at MMF2 improved a lot since last time. You'll eventually hear from it again soon.

Does that mean that I'll leave you empty handed in the meantime? Hell no. And here's where this other little game takes a spot. I'm working on an RPG based off the same character in the shape of a prequel; Dangerous Missions: Origin. Luckily, I already have a demo working and ready for all of you. Here it is:

LINKS

SCREENSHOTS

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Ideas are wellcome, and so are pointing any grammar and mistakes of the like, since as some of you know, English isn't my first language. Note that I'm using the spanish version of RPGMVXACE, so some system menus are still in Spanish. Don't worry, I'll translate them eventually.

So! Download and enjoy! And please take some time to leave any feedback, ideas, or any thoughts you may have about it. Since I'm more experienced with RPG maker, this game will be finished fairly quickly, unlike the Action Game I have on hiatus.

Thank you all and thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [RPG MAKER VX ACE] Dangerous Missions: Origin

I'd say it looks relatively nice for how little there is to see.

One thing I noticed is that the images of her seem to have a very light border.

And as for ideas and suggestions... The bathroom map looks all wrong, you should check those walls and make sure autotiles don't screw you over.
Change her equipment to be just a "Waitress dress" or something at the start. No matter how funny it might be, I don't think a waitress wielding a hand axe is going to be good for business.
And mentioning that bar where the game starts, I guess you can use a single, slightly bigger map and fit the two maps' content into one. I guess I say that because the bathroom looks too big.

One more thing, try to use less... Those things... What's their name now...
Usa menos puntos suspensivos es lo que intento decir.
They break the flow of the text and should be used sparingly. Try to use more commas and periods instead.
And talking about grammar, here's a spoiler with some grammar errors that really stand out.
Grammar errors I noticed:
At the bar, the guy next to the old man: too many attention -> too much attention
The guy in the bathroom: slided -> slid
Bald guy with shades: Those are future's -> That's just future (kinda guessing on this one)
^Next sentence can do without the "forward"
^Same guy: deattach -> detach

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'd say it looks relatively nice for how little there is to see.

One thing I noticed is that the images of her seem to have a very light border.

And as for ideas and suggestions... The bathroom map looks all wrong, you should check those walls and make sure autotiles don't screw you over.
Change her equipment to be just a "Waitress dress" or something at the start. No matter how funny it might be, I don't think a waitress wielding a hand axe is going to be good for business.
And mentioning that bar where the game starts, I guess you can use a single, slightly bigger map and fit the two maps' content into one. I guess I say that because the bathroom looks too big.

One more thing, try to use less... Those things... What's their name now...
Usa menos puntos suspensivos es lo que intento decir.
They break the flow of the text and should be used sparingly. Try to use more commas and periods instead.
And talking about grammar, here's a spoiler with some grammar errors that really stand out.
Grammar errors I noticed:
At the bar, the guy next to the old man: too many attention -> too much attention
The guy in the bathroom: slided -> slid
Bald guy with shades: Those are future's -> That's just future (kinda guessing on this one)
^Next sentence can do without the "forward"
^Same guy: deattach -> detach

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses.
Thanks for the feedback! The grammar mistakes you pointed out are all fixed now, thanks for pointing them out. I've also diminished the ".." quantity, they were really all over the text, as you said. So from that front, all fixed already ^^

Alicia's initial equipment has also been changed to just a waitress dress, forgot to change that but now it is :p

As for the bathroom's mess, I'm now working on it, still deciding what to do about it, but it won't take long. Lastly, I'm afraid I can't really dispose of the outlines. No matter wich color (or recolor on photoshop) I use, RPG maker keeps leaving it...So I guess it's a little annoyance I'll have to live with.

Again, thanks for your help! Looking forward to hear further about next version!

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Have you tried straight up removing them/making them fully transparent with photoshop? It's a wild guess, but the way you say it it sounds like you're having the images with a colored background and letting the RPG Maker resource importer remove said background, and it'd skip that little part where the character joins the background because antialiasing.
Or maybe there's a way to directly get them pictures with transparent backgrounds.

Either way, the game sounds promising.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

PS seems to be as bad as the importing tool on this one, no matter the tolerance I use :/ Either falls short or eats too much. Looks like 3DCG output is lind of odd. I could remove the outlines by hand but that'd slow down the game dramatically. On a positive note, the toilets are now fixed; way smaller and with good tiles.

As for new content, I already have the basics of the combat. As for now, the image displayed on the battle screen changes depending on how much health (in %) the heroine has. And since the enemies are just one fixed image and there won't be that many, I am tempted to draw them myself. And so, I need your help again in the shape of some questions aimed to you all:

1) Should I draw the enemy battlers myself or do you prefer me to use the default ones and speed up the development? If you do want me to draw them, what kind of humanoids and creatures you'd want me to include?

2) Since the heroine uses skills from her suit instead of magic, I'm thinking about rebranding her MP and Magic defense to Stamina and Resistance against both map and battle H attacks. Simply put; the less MP (stamina) she has, the more likely an attempt to force her would work, and once they succeed, the damage dealt to her HP and Stamina will be given by her Magic defense (Resistance to unwanted. H approaches)For skills and special attacks, SP will be used. Yay or nay?

3) Third and final question for now; Would you like an open world or a more guided experience?

That's all for now. Back to work!

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

The main game should be as "on rails" as possible. Though side stuff should provide st least the illusion of bringing things wherever they may.

For combat, I am not one to ask as I would almost expect something that has a minimum of clothing destruction and mid battle smuttery. It is just my thing, and maybe not someone else's.

For pictures, try changing your tilesize in rpgmaker to 20x15 so it is in line with its native 640x480 resolution. I had thst issue with my abandoned catfighting game that I will bring back once I get the time. With the default tilemap size in rpgmaker, it will distort a 640x480 image.

On phone atm, so should be able to make a better post later if I bother to get my laptop out.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

About 1) I'd say that if you want to draw the enemies go ahead, but maybe you'd rather use RTP enemies for now and replace them later.

The thing about skills from the suit is that it sounds like it'd use some sort of energy instead of MP, but not stamina.

And about the openness I'd say that freeko's idea is good. Make it guided, but also give a bit of freedom here and there having side areas to explore for treasure or enemies, and maybe the possibility of doing a thing or two out of order, but always knowing where you're going and what you have to do next.
Oh, and try to have also a good "why" for the things you're doing. Doesn't have to be explicit, just something in the game to avoid the whole "I have to climb this tower and open the door and slay the giant monster because... Why am I doing all this again?".

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you both for the input! I do think the main story should be more or less guided, yeah...I have the feeling that making it open would make stuff way more prone to glitch and break on my end. I think I'll go with that, yes.But still with a good chunk of sidequests and such.

As for the Stamina (renamed MP) thing; it'll be only drained by successful unwanted H attacks both on events and during battle, and the lower it is, the more "stuff" the heroine will suffer without being able to defend herself. When this happens, and deppending on the seriousness of the "attack", the more stamina she'll lose. When her stamina reaches zero, she'll start losing HP instead, and won't be able to defend if an enemy tries able to tries to actually rape her for good. Both Stamina drain and eventually HP drain will be given by the amount of Resistance stat (renamed Magic Defense). Suit skills will NOT use MP/Stamima, but SP instead (The third bar that you refill by dealing and receiving damage). What do you think of the idea?

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Explained that way it actually makes sense. As I had understood (wrongly), stamina was required to not get raped and also used by special attacks.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A couple images from the combat, wich will be featured in v0.2, coming sooner than you think.

First, this is the overall style I'll use. Big artwork of the heroine on the left, enemies at the right, smaller. She is the focus of the action, after all. Tried to make her look forward to the enemies, but didn't really work. After some trial and error, I ended up picking this style. LIFE is HP, of course, and GUTS works as the heroine's stamina. It lessens when molested (either in combat or during an event). The lesser she has, the more likely to more and more heavy H Attacks she'll become. SUPER is used to use the Suit's skills and abilities.

And of course, the less LIFE she has, the less confident she'll look. v0.2 will feature this, but future iterations will also have the first H Attacks that also change her artwork while active.

Thoughts? Opinions?

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks and sounds good. I don't know what else to say anyway.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I am all for any and all kinds of smuttings in combat. I presume that since you are referencing suits, that there will be some manner of costume changing going on? If that is so, then I would suggest showing more of the player, like possibly around the knees or so and up instead of this "cowboy shot" of the player you have now. It almost feels oppressive with how in your face the character picture is on the screen in those shots.

Just my two cents on what my initial reaction is from those two screens. I could end up playing it and think something wholly different. I am finally home for a bit so I can play through the demo you put in the first post. I will put up my thoughts on that when I am done with it.

Demo was short (kinda expected with the whole 0.1 thing), but I was down with the whole scene and it seemed to work. Aside from grammatical errors that I saw, there was little I would say that I did not like. I will be waiting for the whole combat thing, as that will be the one aspect of the game over pretty much all others that I would be interested in.

Last edited:
OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Don't worry, I'll try to end v0.2 as soon as I can with the first fight of the game done, and add some H-Attack to it ;) Drawing the first enemy right now. Speaking of such; I need enemy ideas. The one I'm making now is "possessed townsfolk". But I'll be more than happy to hear about what creatures you wanna see as well.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

WHAT'S NEW:
-Basic combat Sytem added.
-One new scene.
-Ability to save after transforming.
-Bar Toilets map is now fixed.
-Minor changes in dialogues.
-Some grammar fixed.
-Other small tweaks and such.

Enjoy! And as always, gimme dat feedback!

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The combat system looks... I guess it's good in a way. I mean, it's not like you can really try in in depth, but it looks like it's going to feel right. You might want to do as freeko said and make her image smaller in the battle screen.
The image for her when she's on very low health looks kinda weird, if you ask me.
And the way your actions somehow override the image being shown is also slightly weird, but that's probably because it's put there with eventing. I guess it could be easily solved using some scripting instead... (I'm totally going to try and make that if I get bored)

The bar toilets&storeroom map looks a lot better like that. I guess it's just missing the ceiling tile on top of the signs, and something secretly hidden in the storeroom.

I haven't noticed any glaring grammar errors, though you'll want to check all the text somewhere down the line.
And talking about text, the little description blurb from the status screen while she's still a waitress goes off the line, you might wanna check that.

All in all, I think that's everything I can think of... Wait, there's one last thing.
Are you using or intending to use MIDI files for music? Because if you're not (you're only going to use RTP or going to add mp3/ogg music) you might want to disable "Initialize MIDI at startup" in the system tab in the database. That'll make the game get to the menu without standing around thinking if it should start or not.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks again for your thoughts! Here's some answers;

-I will change the 25% HP or less image, it does look odd indeed.
-Since you both asked, I'll use smaller images for v0.3 battle system. How much of her would you like to see?
-I'm using eventing for the battle system indeed. Since this is a sideproject I can't get too overboard with learning or messing with scripting.
-Game uses the default MIDI ost, again to shorten the development of the game.

Now for the good news:

-After much thought, I decided I'll include more suits to fight on in some shape or form. Still deciding how.
-V0.3 will feature the first town, with many new NPC's and events, including a few sidequests with different outcomes. It'll also deepen the world's state and setting.
-Additionally, I'll be updating the first post here with a proper introduction to the game. Simply put, v0.3 will be the first "proper" demo

Stay tuned for the big update! And remember, your feedback and ideas are always appreciated. Right now I need ideas for enemies and what kind of places you'd like to see at the first town. Thanks!

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I would go for knees or so and up for the character display. If you are using in battle images when an enemy grabs for example, you are already showing everything that could be targetted on the mc's body that way. To use an example for reference, the maid outfit that is used in the beginning of the game. I would show enough so that a little under where the skirt ends would be the bottom of the battle image. This should allow you to slouch her forward when low on hp without having to change to that very awkward pose that is there now.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

-Game uses the default MIDI ost, again to shorten the development of the game.
Sorry to break it to you but... The music that comes by default with RPG Maker VX Ace in the RTP is not MIDI. If you're using the music that comes with the program, you can just disable that option and you won't be missing anything.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh! Well perfect then, I'll disable that pesky MIDI. Thanks for the tip!

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

News!

1) Thanks to a new scriopt, all my problems about the combat system are
gone. It'll speed up things A LOT.

2) New, smaller size for inbattle sprite for the heroine. First is the old one, second is the new one. Wich size type do you prefer?

OLD

NEW