Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Nobody said it yet?

Steam sale!

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If any of you are looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X which comes out on the Wii U to markets outside of Japan this Friday, the review embargo has been lifted on it. Reviews mostly give the game positive scores between an 80 and 90 percentile with a few as low as the 70s. Majority of the complaints of the game stem from the complexity of the game's features and not enough explanation on how to utilize them. Some of the complaints also come from issues with some quests and story elements.

At this time, the scores according to both gamerankings and metacritic averages the game to about 84.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Is it multi-platform?

I just... can't buy another Nintendo console, if I had friends coming over alot I could justify it, but the WII just sat there after I had beaten metroid and zelda, and had enough of smash. It wasn't a bad system just lacked alot of serious single-player titles.

++ the ameebo shit

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is it multi-platform?

I just... can't buy another Nintendo console, if I had friends coming over alot I could justify it, but the WII just sat there after I had beaten metroid and zelda, and had enough of smash. It wasn't a bad system just lacked alot of serious single-player titles.

++ the ameebo shit
Nope, it's Wii U exclusive since Nintendo owns the company that created it.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For those who use the service, and are interested in the game, Origin's "On The House" is now Jade Empire.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Xenoblade is "censored" in the NA release. If you choose to make a female character you cannot increase/decrease the size of her breasts.

For that reason alone I rate the game 0/100 - Does not want.

Nice to know that censorship is alive and well. I also know that the masses will go out and buy the censored version of this game instead of doing what I would think was right and boycotting the game until the proper uncensored version is released instead.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Wah wah, I can't change the size of my character's tits, woe is me and fuck everyone who supports this". Go back to your box, child.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

"Wah wah, I can't change the size of my character's tits, woe is me and fuck everyone who supports this". Go back to your box, child.
I see sarcasm and humor are lost on you. Oh well.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sarcasm is less obvious in the written medium. I, too, thought your post was straightforward.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Public service announcement.

A score of 0/100 based off of nothing related to the gameplay, story, or other relevant issues surrounding the game is very likely not serious.

Just like I want to give the mew tomb raider 0/100 for not having realistic clothing. I otherwise have enjoyed the game for what it is even though it was made by the other devil of the gaming world. This might be the first solid game I have played that has the square-enix logo on it in a long time.

Here is hoping they realize other franchises exist aside from trying to annihilate the final fantasy brand further. Dragon Warrior and Valkyrie Profile come to mind immediately but I do not recall any enix franchised game being released since they merged.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unserious is not the same as sarcastic though, when I read it, I just assumed you were exaggerating out of frustration, which I do not think is an entirely unreasonable interpretation.

Be that as it may, I'm glad the truth has come to light. :p

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It's Freeko, the little cunt complains and whines about literally everything he finds even remotely displeasing.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's Freeko, the little cunt complains and whines about literally everything he finds even remotely displeasing.
This.

Due to the general level of shit-posting that freeko does, no-one should be expected to even try to take them at anything other than face value.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Xenoblade is "censored" in the NA release. If you choose to make a female character you cannot increase/decrease the size of her breasts.

For that reason alone I rate the game 0/100 - Does not want.

Nice to know that censorship is alive and well. I also know that the masses will go out and buy the censored version of this game instead of doing what I would think was right and boycotting the game until the proper uncensored version is released instead.
It's also been removed in the EU edition. From what I understand, since they only took the time to alter some of the revealing outfits of the character Lin which is obviously due to her being a minor and left everyone else intact, the removal of the bust slider was likely to prevent people from making their female characters look like lolis and dress them in those outfits instead.

Now some of you are probably asking why they care if people make their characters look like this and no it's not because of the whole "treehouse are a bunch of sjw shills" argument people have been throwing around, it's likely because some Scandinavian and Australian areas have laws that make it illegal to distribute things that contains any form of minors in a sexualized manor.

That being, I still plan to get this game anyways, I'm playing it for the the exploration and mechs.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

welllll fuckeroo, I love me some mechs. Still can't buy a wiiu, oh well it will probably be ported to a hand-held system within 10 years...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

So apparently Cosmic Break's getting a sequel/remake

I vaguely remember playing the old Cosmic Break, wasn't too many good memories over other shooters, specifically cus wonly resolution requirement options and other weirdness plus a reliance of gatcha systems to get better. But hey, it's a new start, maybe they learned from last time? And can't fault a game with cute robot anime girls '3'

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Whilst not quite the same thing, this just reminded me of a bit of an odd bit of news from last week. That Koei Tecmo has made it official that they won't be bringing Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 to western markets, apparently under fear of backlash. Coming via an exchange on the games Facebook page.

A fan asked whether or not the company planned to bring Xtreme 3 to US and EU territories, to which a Koei Tecmo representative said,
“We do not bring DOAX3 to the west and won’t have any plan change in the future. Thank you for asking.”
The fan persisted, asking for the reason behind the decision, and the representative gave this response:
"Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you."
The game will however still include English language support, and thus would be accessible via private import for anyone willing to go through the extra hassle and expense.

I had no interest in buying it myself, but does seem a shame that it's come to this. The interactive equivalent of a bikini wall calender now too risqué and controversial for western markets.

Reactions: XSI

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whilst not quite the same thing, this just reminded me of a bit of an odd bit of news from last week. That Koei Tecmo has made it official that they won't be bringing Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 to western markets, apparently under fear of backlash. Coming via an exchange on the games Facebook page.

The game will however still include English language support, and thus would be accessible via private import for anyone willing to go through the extra hassle and expense.

I had no interest in buying it myself, but does seem a shame that it's come to this. The interactive equivalent of a bikini wall calender now too risqué and controversial for western markets.
Not too long ago, Play-Asia announced on their twitter page that they would be offering the game to it's overseas customers and a shitstorm came about as a result with people insulting them and former gamespot and ign journalists making threats at them. Supposedly the reason for the outrage is because they used the term "SJW" in their post as a marketing strategy which seems pretty obvious it was but I don't think that alone would have caused such a huge outcry.

Anyways I checked the prices on play-asia, it's cost is approximately $12 more than the local retailers (U.S) price for a standard PS4 game ($60) and the standard shipping price is an extra $5 so you'll be paying an extra $17 for the game which really isn't much in my opinion.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Warframe Update 18. The Second Dream. SO MUCH MIND BLOWN.

A little bit of context: 'The Second Dream' is the new major quest thingy in the main story quests, and details a lot of the backstory of the Orokin, Tenno, and Lotus in general, not to mention the Sentients and even features the Stalker prominently inside of it. Plus the first quest to feature major cutscenes.

The rest of this post will be in spoilers, so those that plan on playing Warframe (or re-playing to play this quest and the new content) beware the spoiler. Long and short, awesome questline and hoping this means more coolness ahead for the main storyline.

This quest immediately follows up the quest 'Natah' so doing some minor spoilering of that one to catch people up to speed. Long and short- Tyl Regor, the Grineer's top egghead, accidentally awakens the Sentient known as Hunhow. During this quest you learn that Lotus (aka Natah) is a Sentient herself, and in fact was one of the reasons the Tenno wrecked the Orokin in ages past. However, she grew needy for the family and adopted the Tenno instead, hiding them in 'the second dream' until such time they needed to awaken. Exposition as you defend explosions to lock Hunhow back up.

Fast forward to 'The Second Dream' itself. Hunhow has recruited the Stalker (who now has some fresh new cosmetics thanks to sentient remains). With the assistance of a recently-cured Alad V, Lotus sends you to try and track down what the Stalker may be up to, only to accidentally point him right where he wants to be- the moon, which the Lotus has hidden into the void after all these years, rumored destroyed during the Old War. Lotus and you do your damnest to try and keep the moon locked in the Void (so that the Sentient units sent by Hunhow can't help, as they do not take the Void well), but all is for naught, and you are sent to the Reservoir to stop Stalker from destroying it.

And thus, we find out the biggest plot twist. All this time, the Operator (aka the figure behind the Tenno 'shell' you've spent all this time as) has been in the Reservoir, safely hidden by the prying eyes of all the forces. The end of the quest has you bringing the Operator back to the landing craft and placing them in a Somatic Link located on the craft, all the while fighting with the Stalker trying to push you back. Then you get to actually have a chat with the Lotus face to face, customize how you want to look in your little reclining spot, and unlock the Focus system, which is accessed from that spot.

There's a lot of nice little touches too, like when you travel along the moon and hear echos of the Orokin, speaking about the Tenno and some of the other events. Definitely something I suggest to play for yourself, though it takes quite a while to get to Uranus to unlock Natah and then play through it as well. Also the new Sentient are OP as fuck, you only fight one at a time but they will suck you dry by the end of it ^^;

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

Not too long ago, Play-Asia announced -snip= an extra $5 so you'll be paying an extra $17 for the game which really isn't much in my opinion.
a twenty percent markup not including shipping and handling isn't much to you? also there is a sole monopoly on the product, so if you didn't want to pay the increased price there is no way around it. honestly i was interested in the game up until this whole mess began, i tend to view any statement by a government, or corporation with a grain of salt, and the fact is that they are charging an outrageous price without incurring any additional costs. honestly that seems pretty terrible to me.