What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

After playing it for a bit...
I have to say its overall look is pretty good. Got addicted to it even if i'm too bad playing it or it is too hard for me anyway xD
Really like that bouncy run animation :p
I find that collisions are really good optimized.
What i found hard to get is the control scheme but that maybe because i'm really bad with a keyboard and i have no excuse because you can use a joystick or even remap the controls so yeah i was just crying a bit haha.

Hopefully i'll be around here for your next stream.
Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. There will be an easy difficulty mode in the final game, for those who aren't used to playing games on keyboard, just want to enjoy the H, or whatever other reason.

On another note, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be streaming anymore for the rest of this month. My internet has been really inconsistent lately, so I'm just going to finish as much of the update as I can offline. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get all 3 H-scenes done with how limited time is for the rest of the month. I'm probably only going to be able to finish the Hellhound animation, but I'll definitely have that one in at the very least. Speaking of the hellhound, here's something small from him:

This is my first time ever drawing a hound, so the anatomy was really unfamiliar to me - hopefully it turned out alright though.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

Suggestion: Give Warped soldiers a stun-gun attack? Low-damage but fast projectile that immediately knocks Alicia down. It would have a charge-up period with sound so it's not just out of nowhere.

A variant on the fly would be cool too, maybe one that launches latchers (Which are somewhat irrelevant in gameplay), but takes a split second or so to do so after it enters your line of fire so you have time to shoot or dodge

Just trying to think of things that wouldn't take a whole lot of work with spriting beyond (maybe) a pallette swap that could add variety to the enemies you already have

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Will Alicia have a nemesis? Like Ridley is to Samus?

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. There will be an easy difficulty mode in the final game, for those who aren't used to playing games on keyboard, just want to enjoy the H, or whatever other reason.

On another note, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be streaming anymore for the rest of this month. My internet has been really inconsistent lately, so I'm just going to finish as much of the update as I can offline. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get all 3 H-scenes done with how limited time is for the rest of the month. I'm probably only going to be able to finish the Hellhound animation, but I'll definitely have that one in at the very least. Speaking of the hellhound, here's something small from him:

This is my first time ever drawing a hound, so the anatomy was really unfamiliar to me - hopefully it turned out alright though.
Damn! That is very impressive for a first try. I'll definately be tossing money to your Patreon to see that!

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Glad to hear about that easy mode :). Finally today reached the boss but got killed once again in there hahaha. Good thing was i loved the game over anim :D

Good hound running anim so far :eek: really love it.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@Jesus - All great suggestions! The later variations on the Warped Soldiers are actually going to get a stun baton attack to use when Alicia tries to run past them, which will knock her down immediately. Thanks for bringing it up :)

@Soljer - Good question. To be honest, a lot of the finer plot details are as of yet unplanned - most of my work for the game has been put into the gameplay and general lore, rather than the story Alicia will be going through, so I can't really give you an answer on that yet.

@SethK - Thanks! Glad you like it!

@VersusX - Glad to hear you enjoyed the scene :p I figured bosses are the best place for game over H, since it's likely you'll die to them at least once each.

Copy/paste from my post on Patreon:

Hey everybody! First off, I'm sorry this update was delayed so long. January was a crazy month for me, and February seems like it's going to be more or less the same. Hopefully it won't interfere with work as much this month, though. Here's what I managed to get done:

-Implement subweapon functions against the Warped Sentry (Force Shot, Wire Shot)
-Animate and Implement the Hellhound enemy (1 H-scene so far; no climax yet)
-Implement actual debug menu instead of keyboard shortcuts
-Create more content (areas) [5]
-Fix more minor issues

Unfortunately, as you can probably see, I had to move several things from this update into next month so I could finish it - and it still ended up 5 days late. Still, there's a new (highly requested) enemy with an H-loop, and the Warped Sentry is combat complete now! She's definitely the most intricate enemy the game has had yet, with a bunch of different ways to deal with her in combat, which is largely why she took so long to create. The Hellhound was very simple in comparison, but I only had enough time to get his H-loop done; he'll get a climax scene in the next update. Speaking of which..

UPDATE v.21 GOALS
-Finish BE H-animations for Warped Sentry
-Finish H-animations for Hellhound
-Implement new powerup
-Move keyboard shortcuts (such as Minimap and Fullscreen) to options menu
-Create more content (areas)
-Fix more minor issues

Here are my goals for the next month. I'm hoping I'm not reaching too far with the amount of H-animations I want to get done, but I'll do my best to make them all happen! With any luck I'll be able to make up for this update's lateness by delivering a great update in March. I'll let you guys know when I'm going to be starting streams again; it should be within the next week or so.

UPDATE v.20 MINOR ISSUES
-Shooting while crouching now properly reflects the position of the gun
-Alicia can no longer leave crouch while using the Wire Shot
-Finally organized my files even though noone cares about this part
-Bandaged a minor bug in the collision code
-Fixed the wire shot disconnecting from the gun during certain animations
-Animation bug when Alicia slides into a Latcher fixed
-Buffed blue slime damage
-Fixed bug where enemies would not knock Alicia down when she's grabbed by Latcher
-Fixed bug where Alicia's arm was still clothed when shooting during BE

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

@Jesus - All great suggestions! The later variations on the Warped Soldiers are actually going to get a stun baton attack to use when Alicia tries to run past them, which will knock her down immediately. Thanks for bringing it up :)
Oh that's an even better idea, they were actually really easy to evade. Will there be anything distinguishing them from the normal ones, or are you going to keep it as a surprise as to which ones can and can't?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh that's an even better idea, they were actually really easy to evade. Will there be anything distinguishing them from the normal ones, or are you going to keep it as a surprise as to which ones can and can't?
They'll be distinguishable. I'll probably remove the stun baton from their belt on the ones that can't use it, and the upgraded soldiers with the baton will get a recolor.

Hi everyone. I'm, uh.. not really sure how to say this, so I guess I'll just get it out in the open. I'm sure you've noticed I haven't really been around or posted much since the v.20 release; at first, that was just because I was taking a break from work for a bit. But that should've ended by now. Instead, I learned a few days ago that my father has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out travel plans to go and see him, and I've been really up and down at any given moment, so I haven't really gotten much work done. I'm still going to try my best to get some content for you guys by March, but the update is probably going to be smaller than usual. Sorry for any disappointment. I'll keep you posted on my plans in the coming weeks.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hi everyone. I'm, uh.. not really sure how to say this, so I guess I'll just get it out in the open. I'm sure you've noticed I haven't really been around or posted much since the v.20 release; at first, that was just because I was taking a break from work for a bit. But that should've ended by now. Instead, I learned a few days ago that my father has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out travel plans to go and see him, and I've been really up and down at any given moment, so I haven't really gotten much work done. I'm still going to try my best to get some content for you guys by March, but the update is probably going to be smaller than usual. Sorry for any disappointment. I'll keep you posted on my plans in the coming weeks.
As ever, life must come first. I'm sorry to hear about that, and I wish you and your father the best.

Vraid

Reputation score

Really sorry to hear that, Anon42. I'm sure everyone will completely understand; things like that are terrible but they do happen to even the nicest of people. Everyone will be here for you when you get back; spend as much time as you need to with your father! My thoughts are with you.

BlockHead

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Best wishes for you and your father Anon42.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ouch. That's bad news. Wish you the best man, take it easy.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Hate to hear about that...thoughts for you and yours Anon. :(

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Don't often post, but I've got mad respect for you, your patience and your promptness. So sorry to hear about your father. Family comes first, and I pity anyone who would even think to put this game, as great as it is, above another human being's health and life.

Gaboris

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh god... I'm really sorry to hear that Anon. I'm sure we all agree to take all the time you need to be with your family.

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Best of luck to you Anon, here's hoping everything goes well

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Coming soon, to a Crisis Point near you...

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Coming soon, to a Crisis Point near you...
(✪ω✪)
Shit... i can't stop ogling...
Did you make it yourself? If not, may i know who's the artist is?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Did you make it yourself? If not, may i know who's the artist is?
I wish I could draw like that, mang. I'll be posting the full CG in a few days, along with the artist's name - some of you may know of him already.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh shit! And Crisis Point just went from great to epic in potential!

For me personally, I love great CGs and that looks like it could be magnificent! Excellent tease also. :D