What's new

RPG [ HAL2000 ] ハルニセン Dragon Explorer / Dragon Explorer - ドラゴン・エクスプローラー RE122957 RJ122957

U

Ulmf14

Scheduled Release Date: Early Nov. 2013

Long ago you were a hero... That world is waiting for you!

Won't you return to the colorful pixel land you so joyously explored in youth?
But, you've grown into an adult, and the world you return to has become adult too.
Blood flows. Women are ravished. Devastated towns and slaughtered
villagers cannot be revived (only you are a special case!)...
The world you remember is a place of sex and death!

Raise your sword again, hero!

18 base images, 46 total

Retro RPG gameplay
- Instantly recognizable! Pick up and play
- No level grinding! Level up quickly in fast battles!
- Save & load anywhere
- Optimized map! Never get lost
- Assign stats to create your character, your way
- All armor shows visual degradation
- Not a fan of violence? Toggle blood on/off
- Fast walk!
- Avoid annoying battles. Symbol encounters!

HAL2000 created this game in a fit of RPG mania.
Dragon Explorer cuts out all the fat for a simple, streamlined
classic RPG game that wastes no time. Our motto is:
Make games that we want to play ourselves!

Please play the trial version to confirm compatibility.

More details on the blog:
A Dragon Quest RPG game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Explorer

I'm a little wary of the "blood" tag on this one. I haven't tried the trial yet, but from what I saw on the blog the girl is occasionally drenched in blood, but I don't see any proper guro?
I suggest being on your guard when trying this one out. guys.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm a little wary of the "blood" tag on this one. I haven't tried the trial yet, but from what I saw on the blog the girl is occasionally drenched in blood, but I don't see any proper guro?
I suggest being on your guard when trying this one out. guys.
It's literally stated in the description that you can turn blood and such off.

OP
U

Ulmf14

Off for both setting 2 and 3 from the 5th option on the menu (below the load game option) turn off the blood for both damage and the CGs.

Last edited:

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

It's literally stated in the description that you can turn blood and such off.
Well, guess I'm too used in not reading the description since it's usually in Japanese :)

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

What kind of blood are we talking here though? Like guro? Covered in the blood of thine slain foes? Blood for wounds?

Random aside, I have always kind of wished in RPGs with proper fighting, that the heroine actually looks roughed up from being beaten into submission. It's kinda weird that they look completely unharmed, yet give up.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

That's one messed up yet ingenious game setting. This is definitely worth keeping an eye out for.

Sindeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

did anyone buy it? is the game worth its price?

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

What kind of blood are we talking here though? Like guro? Covered in the blood of thine slain foes? Blood for wounds?

Random aside, I have always kind of wished in RPGs with proper fighting, that the heroine actually looks roughed up from being beaten into submission. It's kinda weird that they look completely unharmed, yet give up.
Blood for wounds. The more you get beat up, your outfit will get torn and you'll get wounded. The CGs will obviously retain those wounds and etc

terranam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I recently bought it and can say that it's not really worth it, the h content isn't anything special it's a dissapointment.
Also it's wolf RPG another dissapointment.
The battle system is simple, so that's nice though, it only contains: auto, attack, run and item. Leveling isn't a problem getting money isn't a problem either and you have several costumes for the heroine to wear.

There is clothes destruction but it's tied to your hp, typical wolf rpg.
Also you can't really get lost the story progression is straight forward.
overall i'll give it a 5/10 expected more.

quintet44

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Story progression is pretty straightforward mostly but I'm stuck at the part with the house at the end of all the dragons/red dragon mini bosses. The wizard in the house I think mentions something about the swimsuit and the blue monster blob mentioned something about medals. Any help?

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Story progression is pretty straightforward mostly but I'm stuck at the part with the house at the end of all the dragons/red dragon mini bosses. The wizard in the house I think mentions something about the swimsuit and the blue monster blob mentioned something about medals. Any help?
The wizard wants to see some sexy black underwear. You can get it by talking to the shopkeeper in the hidden town that the queen showed you.

BTW, I find it hillarious how you can steal the clothes from every woman foolish enough to join your party.

quintet44

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The wizard wants to see some sexy black underwear. You can get it by talking to the shopkeeper in the hidden town that the queen showed you.

BTW, I find it hillarious how you can steal the clothes from every woman foolish enough to join your party.
Alright, guess I'm going to have to find that again since the only hidden town I remember is the one between the ruined castle and village and the shopkeeper doesn't give or sell it.

quintet44

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, that was the town I was talking about. I even went ahead and bought all the equipables except for the weapon from the shop but none are correct. I'm assuming its a costume that I can see the character portrait wearing but the only costumes I have are the cursed swimsuit and the slave bondage thing. So either I'm missing something to get the guy to give me the underwear or I accidentally sold it some time.

PS. I did save the sage in the little mountain temple and touched the stone tablet so those enemies are gone.

terranam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

you have to talk to the guy in the middle of the town, he's the only one in a house.

if this doesn't solve it double check your equip maybe you missed it. If you sold it don't think you can get it anywhere else.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

please can anyone help me?
Did defeated in prison the boss and I'm back to top back but now I know not.
what I must do everything've already searched on.
the cave below.
where you caught was taken to Prison.
It could not se pure. XD

hatjoeman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could someone please explain how to get more party members? :confused:

THQman

Lurker
Reputation score

please can anyone help me?
Did defeated in prison the boss and I'm back to top back but now I know not.
what I must do everything've already searched on.
the cave below.
where you caught was taken to Prison.
It could not se pure. XD
Yeah I'm stuck in the same place as you. Got imprisoned, broke out, and took some secret cave that ended up near the very first town. Princess and warrior chick reunited with the king dude or whatever... Now nothing I do seems to progress.