What's new

RPG Maker MV; How to translate/Decrypt?

immahnoob

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPG Maker MV; How to translate/Decrypt?

Did anyone find a way to text hook on RPG Maker MV?

EDIT: Yeah, should have checked Page 4. By the way, does your method work with Translation Aggregator?
EDIT2: Nevermind again, it should work with it since it copies text to clipboard.
EDIT3: Do you have any other example of an unpacker? It seems this one does not work for files too big.

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Did anyone find a way to text hook on RPG Maker MV?

EDIT: Yeah, should have checked Page 4. By the way, does your method work with Translation Aggregator?
EDIT2: Nevermind again, it should work with it since it copies text to clipboard.
yeah ^^, just install the plugin from the patcher in my signature, that all you have to do if you use TA (no need to use cliploger)

EDIT3: Do you have any other example of an unpacker? It seems this one does not work for files too big.
you can use EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe, even for big file, you just need to patch it with

Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1 or Virtual File System Editor work too

Last edited:

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Now if only there was a translated MV, cause the english one wont open japanese .json apparently =(

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Now if only there was a translated MV, cause the english one wont open japanese .json apparently =(
LOL, that's Enterbrain for you. They've botched earlier Ruby-based versions and now they released MV and advertise it almost like Second Coming (which is most certainly not) and they do it in a way that puts Ruby in a bad light instead of their mediocre implementation of it, which personally pisses me off.
Sorry for the offtop and rant...

@Libellule
Don't know if and when I'll even pick any MV-based game, but thanks for making a tool available for it... much appreciated :).

LEDAHGRIM

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game just got released: 魔王イリスの逆襲

I tried all extractors and all fail to work, they consume 100% of my ram and freeze the PC omentarily... Is ther another way to extract MV games archives?

the game comes in a single 1.4 GB executable and I can't even play it because it uses 100% cpu all the time... Any ideas?

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's MV - there isn't (as far as I know) a way to decrypt yet. There is some discussion by translators as to how to hook into it to start translating, but it's in it's infancy (look further up this thread)

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This game just got released: 魔王イリスの逆襲

I tried all extractors and all fail to work, they consume 100% of my ram and freeze the PC omentarily... Is ther another way to extract MV games archives?

the game comes in a single 1.4 GB executable and I can't even play it because it uses 100% cpu all the time... Any ideas?
3 upper post i give some name of how unpack MV game ^^

i tested the 3, the 3 work =)

you can use EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe, even for big file, you just need to patch it with

Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1 or Virtual File System Editor work too
if you have hard time unpack this game, look in the game thread here :
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=829636#post829636
i have given a mega link of the game already unpacked

LEDAHGRIM

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you have hard time unpack this game, look in the game thread here :
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=829636#post829636
i have given a mega link of the game already unpacked
I could not find this tool anywhere: Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1

The other tools froze when opening the 1.4 GB exe and nigma virtual box also froze after patching it to use 4 GB RAM and trying to extract the game.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I could not find this tool anywhere: Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1

The other tools froze when opening the 1.4 GB exe and nigma virtual box also froze after patching it to use 4 GB RAM and trying to extract the game.

K so, here the list and link of tools ^^ :

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Interesting, i just tried translating some of the .jsons since i cant get MV to open them and its actually translating stuff in the game :eek:

Wonder if that could be how to translate them until someone translates the Japanese MV hehe

*** Also, anyone know what language this would be in? if stuff was color coded would be so much easier lol ***

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Little upgrade on my patcher, now version

- correction of a bug that blocked a patched game to open correctly in maker MV (to correct a early version patched game, just reinstall the plugin on it)

- add a option to also install a Text Skip plugin, from T.Akatsuki (default key "control", alterable in the patcher)

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Little upgrade on my patcher, now version 0.0.1.3

@0.0.1.2 :

- updated cliploger, correcting some bug that caused him lost some text on specific occasion

@0.0.1.3 :

- add a new option, to be able to ask the plugin to ignore repeatable item text

for game like "RJ179039 - Succubus Frontier" that have some item text flood in battle

note that option will just ignore repeatable item text (name/action/menu/combat/etc...) and not dialogue text

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

another upgrade on my patcher, now version 0.0.1.4

@0.0.1.4 :

- corrected a bug that crached the plugin if the game was sending a undefined text in the drawing fonction

- revamped the UI, was started to be in need of a little more space, to much option o_O (sorry for those that liked the instant install :p, now you have 3 more clic :D)

- add a new option :

that option is usefull for game that use the YEP custom message box plugin

this plugin draw thing 2 time... when he draw something outside the default box (like in a box name or box above pnj)

in fact the plugin draw the text in his custom box, and hide the original text drawing it out of the box -_-...

so this option will ignore all out of the box dialog text (not item text), no more double name/double choice/double dialog extracted on game using YEP

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@Libellule: How do I hook AGTH to cliplogger? :confused:

EDIT: I meant Translation Aggregator, not AGTH

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

@Libellule: How do I hook AGTH to cliplogger? :confused:
you dont hook AGTH on cliploger ^^, cliploger is here if you want to hook VNR or chiitrans (lite)

if you use AGTH, i assume you use Atlas/TAHelper with it ?

if you use Atlas/TAHelper, you will not need AGTH or cliploger, in fact, my patcher install a plugin that make the same works as AGTH make, he send all text in the clipboard =), so your Atlas/TAHelper will grab it without problem

Edit : the same for "Translation Aggregator", he get the text directly from the clipboard, so no need to use AGTH or cliploger, just install the plugin

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Got it, thanks hun! :D

seireitei92

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Access to the path 'E:\Arete Ex Machina\www\js\plugins.js' is denied.
I got this error, does anyone know why? I use Libellule's patcher

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I got this error, does anyone know why? I use Libellule's patcher
the files of your game are on read only maybe ?, if yes make it writable ^^

i didn't think of that in the patcher o_O... will modifie it so he can remove the read only on files if he encounter it :x in the next version

LEDAHGRIM

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is it possible to decrytp unencrypted MV games to open them in the editor? I just found COS RO3 and Arete Ex Machina. Both of them come with all files freely accesible even the CGS and parts of images used por character portraits...

But I can't figure how to have the game itself open in the editor in MV, Also why do all MV games are so laggy as hell? 20-30 FPS in a tiny window in fullscreen seem total crap to me...

To think I was even thinking about buying MV in steam in the summer sales...

brofalla

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

• Create a new empty project
  • Save it
  • Take the Game.rpgproject file of this empty project which opens MV Editor
  • and paste it into the www folder (contains data, audio, fonts, js, ...) of the unencrypted game
  • then double click it and it should open this game in the editor

Last edited: