What's new

Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

Need some1 to post it for us non-Patreon's. Please :rolleyes:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In soviet Russia, engrish speaks you

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Need some1 to post it for us non-Patreon's. Please :rolleyes:
It's in the first post. Nothing new.
Just the first time I've seen it.

krakjen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, we need more Iris.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pestering again :cool:

Any news on the promised demo or anything worthy of us non-payers :p

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

3 weeks-double-posting same question : any news/demo/randomfacts/cancellation/russiaburnedaway/anything ?

Gyron

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Xal has a new update saying still working on it, coming soonish, here's more Belle and Gaston.

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

3 weeks-double-posting same question : any news/demo/randomfacts/cancellation/russiaburnedaway/anything ?
A few weeks ago he posted a poll for the icon...

Number 4 won...

Except for that:
- demo will have more than one girl
- he is helping this other guy Latissa with libary story

... so to sum it up: Nothing new.

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

New update from Xalijio about release of the demo:

News about the Iris Quest

Finally, we can officially announce deadline for the release of the demo-version of Iris Quest.

Little bit of background story first.

When we just started developing IQ, I decided that demo-version is absolutely necessary. And it would look like… short test level with few rooms, 3-4 battles, couple of dialogues and boobies as the reward. Kind of like a short tutorial with basic mechanics of the game.

But the longer we worked on the game, the more obvious it was that five rooms and two dialogues are far from enough. Therefore, we decided to make the demo-version, a full level of the game with quests, new characters, different combat tactics and etc.

Well, it turned out to be not a simple job at all (who would imagine :D). We had to change the concept of the demo-level several times; we argued on what to show you now, and what to save for the version 1.0. For example, bunch of material that we prepared will not be used in the demo-version, but will be saved for the actual game, so our work won’t go to waste.

Meanwhile, we also redesigned basic mechanics of the game, entered and immediately scrapped 3-4 new characters (oh, I wish you would see boobs of one the heroines… not gonna say who exactly as we may use her again later on), wrote and rewrote so much of the text…

Honestly, I was completely sure that we will release demo-version in June. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it in time. As of now, we have completed the work on main content of the demo and dealt with a number of serious bugs. It’s finally time for beta-testing (yes-yes of the demo-version :D) and translation of the text. In addition, as the deadline moved we want to return back several features that we got rid of in a rush.

Thereby, we will release demo-version of Iris Quest by the end of July.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And here it comes : my predictions were true :cool: Go me :D Now to wait for them to release the demo and someone to upload it somewhere.

EDIT : Just...2...more...weeks...must...suppress...hype

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Triple cause delayed till August 5

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just totally ignore most of the post from Patreon... I expect them all the be at least 8 months late them from what they're initially saying.

If they say 1. January what I see is 1. August.

Can't trust any of them anymore. Half of them are making excuses and don't want to finish the game coz they won't get money then anymore and other half is the same as the first half.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just totally ignore most of the post from Patreon... I expect them all the be at least 8 months late them from what they're initially saying.

Can't trust any of them anymore. Half of them are making excuses and don't want to finish the game coz they won't get money then anymore and other half is the same as the first half.
Not really that much different from dlsite games. How many actually get released on their first release date. Heck, how many triple AAA games get released on their first release date?

Indie game development is extremely time consuming, and single person game development is ridiculously time consuming. I don't think every single Patreon developer is out to milk people for as much money as possible.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ Yummy, like what do you know about making h-games ????? OH SNAP :D

droglob

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not really that much different from dlsite games. How many actually get released on their first release date. Heck, how many triple AAA games get released on their first release date?
How many of them get paid more money the longer they take to release?

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How many of them get paid more money the longer they take to release?
None, they get paid when they release the game. Of course, that leads to releasing buggy, half finished products. Look how many dlsite games don't work when released and end up getting patched to add content. Same goes for regular games. And, if they don't get the sales to warrant fixing the game, the game essentially never gets fixed.

Patreon comes down to the developer. If you trust the developer, then you'll have to trust that they are not just out to milk as much money as possible. If you don't trust any of them, then you shouldn't pledge. Most of these games are being either released for free when finished or sold as complete games. Therefore, you can simply buy them upon completion like you would any other game.

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm inclined to give him a pass as this is his first attempt at making a h-game.