The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums  

Go Back   The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums > Hentai > Hentai Games

Old 4th March 2013
Formerly Havokor

Vinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forumVinceras is a favourite of the forum
Default Re: Unforbidden (platformer)

Pretty good so far. I'm hoping there will be multiple positions depending on how she positioned when the grapple happens. It'll be a good bit of work per enemy but it would be awesome. Also, sounds would be good but that's been mentioned. Keep up the great work!
Old 4th March 2013
Tentacle Monster

Stiltzkinator is a name known to allStiltzkinator is a name known to allStiltzkinator is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikare View Post
About this, I'll eventually have to come up with more enemies and I'm open to suggestions. I do want to want to keep it a bit beast-oriented, though, since that's my favorite fetish.
I'm more a fan of sentient non-mammals, but I certainly won't judge you. If there's plants, insects, and slimes, you'll have my attention regardless.

Last edited by Stiltzkinator; 5th March 2013 at 17:20.
Old 4th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Ashes is infamous around these parts

Lol, I actually closed the window from the link to the blog, because I thought it said "forbidden".

Anyway, it looks good. I encountered a few bugs on the way, like falling out of the level when falling from the platforms. Plus I feel it's like the platform level is a little too long before the action can get underway. The hit blocks are good and the animation runs smoothly, but the way the level is designed, if you make a mistake you start over, and that gets frustrating, especially when there's no incentive yet.
Just my two cents. Other than that, looking very much forward!
Old 5th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Zikare is a valued memberZikare is a valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethK View Post
Couple more questions I thought up..
How much are you hoping to charge for the final product?
How much do you plan to include in the final demo we see before you stop releasing demo's before the final product, and how many enemies will probably be in it?
Somewhere around the $5-$10 range. If I can achieve the quality I'm aiming for, probably $7.99 or $9.99.
If the revenue was enough to buy new models and stay afloat for a few months, I'd be the happiest man in the world because then I could do what I always dreamed of, full time

Demo length: compared to Super Metroid, the demo would probably cover Crateria and Brinstar (Map), so maybe 1/4th to 1/3rd of the game. I'll make the demo a vertical slice of the game so that savegames can seamlessly be continued with the full game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parjoala View Post
[sliding] is a bit too strong; that is, it's like the character slides on ice when she stops/lands after a jump. This will get annoying really fast, seeing how this is a platformer. The hitboxes are awesome, though, and catching a ledge is easy if you get the timing right.
I think (or at least hope) that it's something that grows on you, rather than get annoying, if I avoid precision jumping with frustrating punishment until players have developed a feeling for the controls.

She already stops 2.5 times quicker than in the first release (someone requested it on my blog), but mabye I can raise it a tad more.

Quote:
The run cycle is a bit unrealistic - her legs and arms move, but her body doesn't sway vertically at all; it's a bit weird. Also, no rotation. Just wanted to mention this, I don't see it as a problem, but if you are the perfectionist type, [...]
Thanks for the links

I watched the 3ds Max tutorial, though I got most of that from one source or another already. My situation currently is a bit like someone who has read a few books on drawing and now wants to actually draw...

Quote:
As for creature suggestions, maybe look at mythology for inspiration? Also, if you get a bull or something similar in there, you'll be my new best friend. Forever.
The first suggestion already happened

Bulls would fit well into what I'm up to with the destroyed village. But I'm struggling to find a way for them to initiate a rape. I mean, the heroine could just let herself fall over and all the bull could do would be to trample her. Maybe a semi-voluntary act to avoid just that fate would make sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiltzkinator View Post
I'm more a fan of sentient non-mammals, but I certainly won't judge you. If there's plants, animals, and slimes, you'll have my attention regardless.
I may have a surprise later on in the game. But it's pretty central to the story, so I can't reveal it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Lol, I actually closed the window from the link to the blog, because I thought it said "forbidden".
Coming up next, the sequel, titled "403 Unforbidden"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Anyway, it looks good. I encountered a few bugs on the way, like falling out of the level when falling from the platforms. Plus I feel it's like the platform level is a little too long before the action can get underway. The hit blocks are good and the animation runs smoothly, but the way the level is designed, if you make a mistake you start over, and that gets frustrating, especially when there's no incentive yet.
I already got a bit of a rubbing for the cave section, so I'll work on making it quicker, more interesting and less frustrating. Like less platforms, far fewer pull-up animations, some interaction with the environment, perhaps some shooting.

You actually fell out of the level while controlling the heroine? Which place?
If that happens anywhere it means I forgot to set a collider to static and it's using sampled collisions, i.e. if you're fast enough to go halfway through in one frame, you'll end up on the other side.
Old 5th March 2013
Sex Demon

thswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to all

The ledge-climb up is good, it's just the free swinging pull up that gets a bit tedious. That said, I only failed that section once, and it took me maybe five minutes to get through it all.
Old 5th March 2013
Demon Girl Pro

parjoala no longer a lurker

Quote:
I think (or at least hope) that [sliding is] something that grows on you, rather than get annoying, if I avoid precision jumping with frustrating punishment until players have developed a feeling for the controls.

She already stops 2.5 times quicker than in the first release (someone requested it on my blog), but mabye I can raise it a tad more.
Well... I guess it's up to you to decide. It can be countered by playing with the directional keys at the moment, so I guess it's just annoying at the start.

Still, it is a bit unrealistic. She's a mercenary, someone who quite often might find herself in a life or death situation, where complete control of her movements might make a huge difference, not an ice-skating champion. But, flavour is everything in any design, so I personally really don't care much for realism. Your game, your call. I like what I've seen thus far.

Quote:

Thanks for the links

I watched the 3ds Max tutorial, though I got most of that from one source or another already. My situation currently is a bit like someone who has read a few books on drawing and now wants to actually draw...
Well, how do you expect to learn? Heck, that's how I learned 3d animation, and now I've got a full time job thanks to that. Take it slow, but take it seriously if you want to make something good out of it, that's my motto.

Quote:

The first suggestion already happened

Bulls would fit well into what I'm up to with the destroyed village. But I'm struggling to find a way for them to initiate a rape. I mean, the heroine could just let herself fall over and all the bull could do would be to trample her. Maybe a semi-voluntary act to avoid just that fate would make sense!
Bulls are, you know, these big, strong animals that can just ram you into the ground if they really want to... Meh, I'm being a bit vague here, but truth be told, neither I do know exactly what I'm trying to imply here, other than the fact that bulls can just ram people into the ground.
Old 10th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Quist has just started to contribute

Having developed a liking for sidescrolling games ever since I played Hounds of the Blade and liked the graphics, this game looked to be promising, too. However, I cannot get past those damn ledges; keep falling at the last jump. Haven't the foggiest, therefore, about the monsters/rape/sex scenes involved. All I can do is speculate. Really putting me off. :-(

Last edited by Quist; 10th March 2013 at 16:29.
Old 10th March 2013
Grim Reaper

SethK is a name known to allSethK is a name known to allSethK is a name known to allSethK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quist View Post
Having developed a liking for sidescrolling games ever since I played Hounds of the Blade and liked the graphics, this game looked to be promising, too. However, I cannot get past those damn ledges; keep falling at the last jump. Haven't the foggiest, therefore, about the monsters/rape/sex scenes involved. All I can do is speculate. Really putting me off. :-(
I could make comments about your gaming skill, but that'd be mean. :P
Instead, I shall give you this advice. Hit "Load Game" on the main menu. The game will load up in the town with the wolves.
Old 10th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Pythagoras is new around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thswherizat View Post
The ledge-climb up is good, it's just the free swinging pull up that gets a bit tedious. That said, I only failed that section once, and it took me maybe five minutes to get through it all.
Yeah, both of the climbup animations could stand to be about half as many frames. They're pretty long for things you're going to be doing repeatedly.
Old 10th March 2013
Jungle Girl

dkbdn365 has just started to contribute

I'm loving how it's coming along so far! I'm kind of a bestiality fan, so this is right up my alley. I'm assuming we'll see some horse "rides". My only gripe is that the beginning has a bit too many jumping puzzles for my liking. It took a bit of doing before I got used to hitting the platforms and grabs. Besides that, keep up the good work!
Old 11th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Quist has just started to contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethK View Post
I could make comments about your gaming skill, but that'd be mean. :P
Instead, I shall give you this advice. Hit "Load Game" on the main menu. The game will load up in the town with the wolves.
Ha ha ha! You definitely could! I haven't been much into gaming. Until I discovered this forum and monster sex and rape games, the only ones I was playing was FIFA Soccer and GTA San Andreas. The others didn't interest me. I was always into this "kinky" stuff, though, but mostly in the form of 3D comics. These games have really piqued my interest. Violated Heroine was the first I'd tried. Had fun playing it. Then I moved on to trying a few others, including Hounds of the Blade. That's a great game, but it's incomplete. This particular game seems to be similar to HOB, and hence, has really got my interest.

Thank you for your suggestion, though. I'll definitely look into it. And I'll try honing my gaming skills, too. I'm not always going to get such easy aids and someone with a keeness to assist.

Thank you once again.
Old 11th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Zikare is a valued memberZikare is a valued member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quist View Post
Ha ha ha! You definitely could! I haven't been much into gaming.
Cheers, always great to see someone take it with a pinch of humor

Lots of people had trouble with the platforming section. After jumping through there over and over for two months I seem to have lost my sense for what's difficult and what isn't.
I'm tweaking it to depend on the climbing animation less often, use wider platforms, no jumps to lower platforms, a big plateau in the middle to catch failed jumps and provide more explicit hints.
Old 11th March 2013
Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion

Sangoku25 no longer a lurker

great game but what good is the weapon if you can not use it XD
the info was simply c but since she has a nose just before the wars XD
Old 11th March 2013
Jungle Girl

shotdown35 is new around here

If anyone is getting stupidly high FPS and hot gpus/cpus, you can go into your graphics card control panel (Nvidia) and set it to run this game with v-sync.

I'm not sure about other companies but worth a shot for those with over 9000 FPS
Old 12th March 2013
Jungle Girl

Thalonos is new around here

The hot gpu/cpu issue is due to their being no vsync on the game as of yet. I remember someone earlier in this thread or the comments on his blog stating that he had 4000 fps. He will be adding it in eventually.