What's new

The Colony

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Colony

*cursing to herself she kept at the corner out of sight and started looking around her..she was picking a path in her mind before taking off quickly to get away from the hospital and the damn gang in her way*

"alright i'm circumventing them...just keep your eyes peeled for any other trouble for me"

(go around and find another path to the base)

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

One Mile Southwest of Firelight: Juniper's Apartment Complexes; Circe, Ruri, Laina

Circe: Uses Careful Aim, firing at the smaller orc, then takes cover; uses 3 EP.
Attack 1: 18 + 4 + 1 = 23 vs. 11 (Autohit); Damage: 3 + 1 = 4
Enemy 2 dies.

Laina: Shoots, reloads, then fires four times, finally taking cover; uses up 7 EP.
Attack 1: 12 + 3 = 15 vs. 13 + 3 = 16; Miss.
Reloads.
Attack 2: 6 + 3 = 9 vs. 4 + 3 = 7; Damage: 1.
Enemy 1 Dies.

Laina gains 4 Experience.
Circe gains 5 Experience.

Finding both enemies caught off guard, the women were able to dispatch their enemies with no problems at all. Circe took quick aim at the smaller green creature, squeezing the trigger to her rifle. Luckily, the thing's head didn't explode, but it didn't have anything that resembled a brain anymore. Laina spun out from around cover, firing her pistol once - swearing as she was forced to reload. The Bigga roared in anger, about to pull up his own weapon, when Laina delivered a final round to the back of it's throat, silencing the creature forever.

"Perfect. Pilot Annerose is on the scene, to your north; Now please, find out what happened to Ruri?" Kiera asked.

When the women made it over to where Ruri had been, all they found was her discarded headset and her pistol; nothing else remained in the nearly destroyed house...

Circe's stats:
AP: 4 FP: 4 EP: 5/6 MP: 9/10, Armor: Destroyed.
Hamilton Sniper Rifle (1 round/clip, d4 Damage, 10 Rounds), 0/1 rounds.
DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 1 Damage, 7 Clips)
Laina's Stats:
AP: 5 FP: 6 EP: 7/7 MP: 4, Armor: 14 Durability
DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 1 Damage, 5 clips), 4/5 rounds.
Anne's Stats:
AP: 2 FP: 2 EP: 5/6 MP: 4, Armor: Full Durability.
DX10 Pistol (4 rounds/clip, d2 damage, 8 clips).

One Mile Northeast of Firelight Base: Nuvela's Wings Hospital; Kalica.

"Alright. I've charted a path for you. I'll update the information based on enemy positions as I see the need," Kiera said. Following the marked path by Kiera, the Runner had a few close calls, but the VI got her out of the danger zone.

Firelight Base: Courtyard; Kalica, Kyle

Kalica made it back to Firelight, smiling to herself as she did. Walking into the courtyard, she saw a man tinkering on one of the Gatling Gun turrets, his back turned to the woman.

"Welcome back to Firelight, Kalica. If you were part of our military, I'd put in for a promotion for you... But you know. Smuggling drugs and that sort of thing puts my higher-ups in a sour mood."

((Kalica has gained 1 EXP for her adventures out in Titan.))

Kalica's EP: 1/6.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She waves casually to the two girls with a smile on her face, "Any luck with finding the girl? Or for that matter, found anything interesting? The AI refuses to tell me where my walker is."

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

One Mile Southwest of Firelight: Juniper's Apartment Complexes; Circe, Anne, Laina

"I am not refusing to tell you where it is," Kiera said defensively, "I have no idea WHERE it is. There's a difference."

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

(Here's my medic! Sorry for the delay, Black Ops ate my day.)
Name: Jennifer Kelly
Race: Human
Class: Medic
Level: 1

AP: 2
FP: 3
MP: 8
EP: 6

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 2
Will Power: 3

Equipment:
Light Armor (10 Durability)
DX8 Pistol (1 damage, 5 rounds per clip, 3 clips)
Meditool (Special: Heals d4 AP/d3 FP)

Abilities: Group Heal: Boosting her meditool's capabilities, the Medic heals a group of allies around her for either 3 AP or 2 FP; costs 4 MP.
Poison: The medic lightly poisons an enemy, making them lose d2 AP per round.

Backstory:
At a fairly average 5'1", Jenny feels she isn't much to look at. She despises her rather small breasts, her "normal" butt, her "boring" brown eyes, her small hands and feet, even her "too pale" skin... but she loves her hair. Her hair is abnormally long at just below her butt and is a brilliant cerulean blue.

Physical aspects aside, Jenny has lived a boring life. Despite being trained as a combat medic, Jenny has seen no combat, instead spending her hours at clinics working mostly with children. Children, she will readily admit, are her weakness. She has a fierce desire to protect and take care of children. She feels a sort of innate connection with them -- Jenny has never really gone through anything to make her feel like a proper grown up. She isn't really sure who she is yet. She's not sure if she wants to stay as a medic or settle down and work at a civilian hospital. She isn't sure of what she wants to do with her life -- whether she wants kids, a big house, or a boyfriend or even a girlfriend -- she isn't even sure what her sexuality is.

But in the end, the one thing that Jenny knows is that she wants to help people, and she will always try to do her very best. Her innocent hopes for a better future will keep her moving onward.

Last edited:

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*frowning at the comment she just rolled her eyes a bit*

"screw the promotion just put me in to get my record expunged..makes getting around easier if people dont immediately start searching you for something illegal just cause you walked in the front door."

*She walked over to the man working on the turret and peered over his shoulder been all nosey.*

"what ya doing?"

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Laina smiles a bit at seeing the pilot before turning to keep searching the building. "All the sensors in the base are trashed courtesy of whatever these things are, so I don't think the AI knows much of anything right now Annerose. That's what we're out here to do, fixing the ones close to the base. As for the girl, her headset and everything is here and I don't see any trace of where she might have gone.. I know this sounds terrible, but I don't think we're going to be able to find her like this. We should fix the sensor tower, grab any spare parts we can find, and head back to base."

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Circe fitted another round into her rifle before slinging it over her shoulder as she walked over to where the other two were investigating the last location of Ruri.

"I agree with Laina, our primary mission is to get the sensor nodes operational, once that happens, then we can look for Hasegawa." Again, she wasn't embarrised by her nuditity. "Take the headset, ammo and pistol, we might need them." She instructed one of the others, which one wasn't clear, and walked over to the body of the larger enemy.

"Kiera, you have no data on these creatures at all, correct? What about their armaments? Is there any known chemical that can produce the effect that their shots do?" Circe hefted the creature's weapon and searched it's body for more ammunition.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Annerose sighs as she picks up the headset and the pistol, pocketing both as she looked at the others for any objections. She realizes that there wasn't much she could do until the sensors were back online. She shrugs and looks at the others, "So, where to now?"

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

One Mile Southwest of Firelight: Juniper's Apartment Complexes; Circe, Anne, Laina, Jennifer

"You're correct in that assumption, Circe. Almost everything about these creatures is unknown to us... And thanks to a new ally, we're going to be calling these things Orcs. I'm sure if you bring some of their armaments back, one of the two engineers we have wouldn't mind looking at them.

"Oh right. We'll need to clear out the labs before they can do that. Also, you have incoming: Don't worry, she's an ally." Kiera said. It wasn't long before a woman bearing the markings of a medic stumbled into the area, looking all around with her pistol drawn. As soon as she did, Jenny recognized Kiera, the helpful VI of Firelight, speaking in her headset.

"Oh, Jenny," She said, "It's good to see you alive, dear. I was afraid you were among my list still considered MIA."

((Jenny's joined the gang!))

Firelight Base: Courtyard; Kalica, Kyle

The man, who had taken off his helmet to reveal shaggy black hair, looked back at Kalica with something of anger - probably from the turret.

"I'm trying to fix this thing without any supplies... The VI here refuses to give me any."

"As I've said, Mechanic Jones: We have little resources to spend. Until more are found, I can't allow you to use any, even for essential repairs. Please, find a way to fix the turrets with what you have."

"I'm not MacGuyver," came the retort.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Roger that." Circe said, slinging the orc's rifle over her other shoulder before searching through his body for anything else useful while the medic arrived.

Hopping down from the rubble pile, Circe greeted the medic with her usual bedside manner. "Good to have another person." Her only way of introducing herself was to turn to display her Viola Bionoid tattoo. Circe had scavanged the orc's belt to use as a makeshift weapon belt slung across her chest.

((Loot bigga's body.))

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"Oh, jeez, Kiera! You scared me. And people! Finally, I was going crazy walking around this place and trying not to get eaten and..." Jenny trails off, suddenly realizing she is babbling. "It's, uh, good to meet you too, Miss, uh, Viola."

Turning suddenly to the other people, Jenny mumbles a somewhat faint hello before turning back to Circe.

"You should really, uh, y'know, put some clothing on. Besides being, heh, a little, y'know, distracting, one of these things could grab onto something, uh, vital..." Pausing, she looked down at the defeated Orcs. "You know, I think I saw one of these, uh, things earlier, from a, um, very, very far distance... What the heck are they? Do they... Do they have any weak spots?"

((Since I wasn't really roleplayed into the story, I'm going to say Jenny has traveled some distance toward the base but not directly encountered anything yet.))

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*figuring she could offer at least a tiny bit of an idea she spoke up a bit to the machanic* "well what about salvaging what ya can from the other downed turrets? at least be able to get one or two up rather then have them all be down..and when we get more parts we can fix the ones we cannibalized to fix the first" *whether the idea was feasible or not she didnt now..or if it was liked she didnt care after giving her two cents she started heading into the base itself she wanted to go lay down for a minute and rest to recover some energy* "if anyone needs me i'm gonna take 5 in my bunk"

Pale

Reputation score

For the shortest moment, the Asari's act collapses, and a frown crumples across her brow.

That's.. not good news.

Then she laughs, gently, and shrugs, fully back into ditzy Maiden mode. In a motion that can only be described as skipping, the Asari follows in Ashley's footsteps. Idly, she turns an elegant pirouette between steps, before dancing on after the humans. This was -such- fun.

((Off to Firelight we go, with a hey-nonny-nonny and a Hey-hey-hey!))

Quartz

Reputation score

"I'm going to check if there's anything in these buildings worth bringing with us. Right now the list of parts I have to work with at the base is.. basic. You guys don't mind helping me carry stuff, right?" Laina says cheerfully, turning away to head inside one of the buildings before she could receive an answer. Once inside, she starts rummaging around for any materials that might help her keep the base running.

(Use search on these buildings)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anne taps the gun against her head as she sighs, "Are we seriously scavenging for parts? I mean, shouldn't we be trying to fix the sensors or something like that?"

Quartz

Reputation score

Laina answers on her headset "I'd hate to leave something we could use behind and it'll only take a moment! Besides, fixing the sensors doesn't do much good if I don't have enough spare parts to keep the base running."

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

2 Miles Northwest of Firelight: Subtly Fuse Industries headquarters, Sensor Node; Cassidy, Hali, Ashley and Theresa.

"Thank you for coming to such a quick consensus," Kiera commended them all, "I'll let you know if I detect any movement in your area."

The team of women moved out, cautiously looking around for any sort of movement - but Kiera didn't pick anything up on her sensors...

1 Mile Northwest of Firelight: Carmina Delage's house, Convenience Store; Ashley, Hali and Cassidy

...Even as they got back to the Convenience Store.

"I've been leading you all away from any sort of signal I can think can be determined as an Enemy... Which, uh, there isn't a whole lot of those," She said, "They may not be nocturnal at all."

Hali EP: 1/4, Cassidy EP: 2/4, Ashley EP: 9/12.

((Please note, if you guys decide to explore/scavenge, Hali will be stuck on whatever tile until she regenerates some EP.))

One Mile Southwest of Firelight: Juniper's Apartment Complexes; Circe, Anne, Laina, Jennifer

Laina's Scavenge Rolls:
Gunpowder: 3
Metal: 1
Plastic: 2
Rubber: 1
Chemicals: 3

Circe finds: A Semi-Automatic Orc Rifle (d2 damage, 4 rounds), 1 'Green' Clip, 2 'Red' Clips; 1 Orc Chip.

The group splits up for just a second, with Circe going to loot the big orc's body. As she does, she finds a pistol - too badly damaged to use - and a rifle, made from a shining red metal. Blinking, she picked up the rifle and attached it to her make-shift harness, picking up the two odd cartridges. The same red metal, there was a green marking on one clip, and a deep red marking on the other two. Rummaging around in a pouch on his... well, her belt now, she pulled out a small, cylindrical metal fragment. It was silver, but in the light, glinted an odd green color...

((Circe's found an orc weapon... but without proper training, she'll suffer a -2 to her to-hit rolls.))

Laina begins to explore a small house, picking up some supplies as she goes. There's not much left for her to pick up, but enough for her to take back to Firelight and help with their supply situation.

Everyone gathered in the destroyed street once more, looking at each other as Kiera came over her headset:
"...So are you all going to get to that Sensor Node today, or do I have to wait for another year?"

Firelight: Barracks (Sub-floor 1); Kalica

Kalica walked down the long entry corridor, getting into the service elevator at the end of the hallway. It took her down to the First Sub-Floor, Kiera's virtual representation waiting out in the hallway.

"Hello again, Kalica," She said with a smile, "Do you need me to show you to your room once more?"

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"We're heading that way now Kiera." Circe announced, slipping the odd fragment back into the belt, her simple, utilitarian words a stark contrast to the VI's mildly sarcastic tone. Looking around the other girls, Circe nodded in the direction of the node. "We're behind schedule. No more stops until we get the node active again, got it? Then let's go." She said, and without waiting for a response, turned and headded towards the node.

Last edited:

Quartz

Reputation score

"For a VI, she has an awfully smart mouth sometimes.." Laina grumbled as she gathered up the things she found and hurried up behind Circe. "At least the node should be child's play to fix. Like, press of a button easy."